It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New study proves someones "god" is nothing more than one's own image! Religion crumbles...

page: 26
<< 23  24  25    27 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by reasonable
Here comes the god squad to attack.. lash out, etc. I will not stop posting such articles. I'm not scared of you punks whatsoever. crucify me all you like.. I'm sure Jesus would approve of you bickering with me rather than helping down at the homeless shelter

Jesus might actually condone kicking your angry, hateful ass....

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by OrwellWasAnOptimist

Here comes the god squad to attack.. lash out, etc. I will not stop posting such articles. I'm not scared of you punks whatsoever. crucify me all you like.. I'm sure Jesus would approve of you bickering with me rather than helping down at the homeless shelter

Jesus might actually condone kicking your angry, hateful ass....

Yeah -- I get a little tired of people on this forum saying "Jesus wouldn't condone your attitude". Why don't they use that comeback when in a heated discussion on the other (not the "Conspiracies in Religion") forums.

I can see it now...

Debater #1: I was abducted by aliens, but I have no evidence

Debater #2: Due to your lack of evidence, I think you are making that whole abduction story up to garner attention!

Debater #1: That's not a very Christian thing to say.

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 03:35 PM
link   
This dosent prove anything..

i Cant believe the hatred of god on ATS

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 04:08 PM
link   
reply to post by reasonable

That is very fasinating how true you are. Man is his/her own mind almost always believes that they are right, OR tries to justify their actions, that in doing so, may not have a as much of a feeling or reputation of guilt before them. Something you mentioned that is also very true, who your god is usually who you are, or who you would like to be. Like Father Like son. Good and honest intentions, examining all things with understanding and reasoning, loving one another as you love yourself and close relatives. These few things are what TRUE believers in the God of Abraham would and should follow be they true followers. A Son of the Devil, one that follows in the path of darkness, corruption, and chaos. this particular someone would chose death over life. would chose to steal, lie, manipulate for selfish gain and preach blindly information in which they are not completely knowledgable themselves in to people are though it was the answer. Unknowingly setting themselves up for the pain and suffering as well. So as we see here there are not many true sons of God in this world, Some who would chose a select few from the list of good, and mix and match to their own comfort level. The world full of blind devil followers/worshippers. However for those who love, and want to continue to love god, and everyone of his magnificent creations (YOU!!!.... ME!!!) they are reserved as vip for when the meek and humble shall inherit the earth, and shall rule as kings rule over all the god shall give them. Read it for yourself before speaking agaisnt the lord our god. Understand before speaking on such a subject, truly know the depth, waves, and current before before diving. please PM me with questions comments and concerns. I love to discuss God HOPE that no man... no not even Obama can give

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 09:46 PM
link   
You know, I used to be able to relate to the OP. I was an atheist my whole life until last month... But there are hundreds of numerical and scientific proofs that the Quran is the true word of God, or if you truly must find another explanation, at minimum it was written by a super-intelligent being with a computer. Google "code 19 quran". As silly as some beliefs in Christianity are, you are under the Euro centric false assumption that ALL religions involve a man-like God or idol that is his intercessor to humanity.

Look at the science in the Quran and tell me that science proves religion false.

There are many facts that could not have been known by man a that time.
It even states in [27:88] When you look at the mountains, you think that they are standing still. But they are moving, like the clouds. Such is the manufacture of GOD, who perfected everything. He is fully Cognizant of everything you do.

Hmm.. In otherwords, the Quran is describing the planet ROTATING, in 620AD.

Even the percentage of the occurance of the word "sea" to the percentage of the word "land" is the same as on earth: 71% to 29%. Kinda strange, huh?

Also "expanding universe" is referred to:

[51:47] We constructed the sky with our hands, and we will continue to expand it.

Moreover... It's almost humorous that you think by studying a human, it will prove that God is false. God is not human, so what would studying a human prove?? If anything it just proves how far humans have fallen from the path of God, or proves that humans are fallible.

Even religious holy books claim that most BELIEVERS will not make it to heaven, because their idolization of humans beside of God and arrogance towards making God human-like.

Any true religious person would have NOTHING to say about how God would think or act. That is for Him to decide, and he is the best judge. He judges us, not the other way around.

[edit on 7-12-2009 by seattletruth]

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 11:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by seattletruth
You know, I used to be able to relate to the OP. I was an atheist my whole life until last month... But there are hundreds of numerical and scientific proofs that the Quran is the true word of God, or if you truly must find another explanation, at minimum it was written by a super-intelligent being with a computer. Google "code 19 quran". As silly as some beliefs in Christianity are, you are under the Euro centric false assumption that ALL religions involve a man-like God or idol that is his intercessor to humanity.

Look at the science in the Quran and tell me that science proves religion false.

There are many facts that could not have been known by man a that time.
It even states in [27:88] When you look at the mountains, you think that they are standing still. But they are moving, like the clouds. Such is the manufacture of GOD, who perfected everything. He is fully Cognizant of everything you do.

Hmm.. In otherwords, the Quran is describing the planet ROTATING, in 620AD.

Even the percentage of the occurance of the word "sea" to the percentage of the word "land" is the same as on earth: 71% to 29%. Kinda strange, huh?

Also "expanding universe" is referred to:

[51:47] We constructed the sky with our hands, and we will continue to expand it.

Moreover... It's almost humorous that you think by studying a human, it will prove that God is false. God is not human, so what would studying a human prove?? If anything it just proves how far humans have fallen from the path of God, or proves that humans are fallible.

Even religious holy books claim that most BELIEVERS will not make it to heaven, because their idolization of humans beside of God and arrogance towards making God human-like.

Any true religious person would have NOTHING to say about how God would think or act. That is for Him to decide, and he is the best judge. He judges us, not the other way around.

[edit on 7-12-2009 by seattletruth]

Go in peace my friend I hope people like you that explains God the way you do will show other people to the light. no matter we (being christian) have different beliefs. one unites us all.

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 11:15 PM
link   
reply to post by seattletruth

To rationalize faith is to take away its greatest strength. To come to its rescue when it is attacked is to imply that it can't stand on its own. To defend it is to belittle it.

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 01:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by SorensDespair

To rationalize faith is to take away its greatest strength. To come to its rescue when it is attacked is to imply that it can't stand on its own. To defend it is to belittle it.

You are correct about the faith aspect, and you are a stronger soul than I.

I never had a strong enough soul for blind faith, I was always skeptical... Even now that my belief in God is 100%, but its based off of verifiable evidence, so its kind of cheating.

But that brings me to my next point, God does not specifically require blind faith as a requisite for heaven, he requires 100% belief in him. So it is not taking away from His glory to promulgate evidence of His existance.

The Jews did not believe until they were shown miracles by Moses, remember, and some of them were saved. Some did not ever have faith, but they believed 100% when they saw evidence. I do believe that those who are strong enough to have 100% faith with no evidence will earn more points in the hereafter, though.

And you guys are right, even if we do not have the same religion, it is at the point where ALL monotheistic religions need to work together, and let GOD do the judging.

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 08:31 AM
link   

Don't get me wrong. I'm not Christian, Muslim or any particular faith, for that matter. I just question the faith of those who need to come to the defense of their particular religion when it's under attack. I wonder if they really believe in their faith, since they always seem to need to defend it like they would a helpless child.

And the examples you gave are hardly 100% Verifiable.

[edit on 8-12-2009 by SorensDespair]

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 08:43 PM
link   
ha, I've got nothing to say, I just want everyone to read my signature.

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 05:13 AM
link   

New study proves someones "god" is nothing more than one's own image! Religion crumbles...

It only supports what has already been made known for many thousands of years. The bible itself repeats this over and over and over again. Maybe you believe religion, including Christianity, crumbles however it only supports the scriptures. The scriptures state they would make an image and bow down and worship it. In other words they make an image of their own image and call it god. They also name it jesus and persuade many Atheists their interpretations of the scriptures are correct.

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 05:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Republican08

Well, when your entire worldview not only revolves around, but actually DEPENDS on you utterly ignoring the restraints of reality whwnwver it becomes invonveniant to you, I would imagine that a reliance on a knowledge of what's real and observable WOULD be frowned upon.

Remember, these are people who think that if you don't follow their sky-fairy's every whim, he will send you to suffer in excuciating agony for all eternity... because he loves you.

Sort of like a cosmic Bobby Brown, I guess.

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 04:13 AM
link   
This research really proves nothing...

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 07:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Watcher-In-The-Shadows
reply to post by watcher73

Do you realise how little sense you just made? Or are you honestly telling me that if a "god" was to exist that it would HAVE TO somehow change OUR limitations so that they don't apply to it?

[edit on 2-12-2009 by Watcher-In-The-Shadows]

Well If people cant keep a story straight between 10, or even 5 billion and we are made in the image of god its no wonder that after he finishes telling someone he is jesus that he runs off and tells someone else he is allah.

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 08:13 AM
link   
To the OP
To draw from this a conclusive result so easily is I feel a mistake on your part. Furthermore calling someone with a different point of view a member of the 'god squad' only makes evident the fact that you never posted this as anything other than a biased piece of low-grade information somehow supposedly concreting your view as correct.
Don't get me wrong here I'm not judging, as many before you have made this mistake, and I assure you many after you will also.
Please keep in mind the best method of drawing conclusions is to not let emotion or personal opinion influence your path - and considering the topic and your user-name I'd expect you draw from this what you can to better yourself and methodology to avoid over-heated debates in the future

As for my opinion, I'm neither here nor there in this matter. However the 'evidence' here fails to take in to account the whole premise of god and good in general is that we inherently feel the moral obligation nagging at us from within as some form of holy influence, and as such this information is moot.

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 05:53 PM
link   
reply to post by watcher73

Or it was just people saying things as people saying things have no effect on the reality of the thing. Your premise is flawed. To put it nicely.

Denying the antecedent

Denying the antecedent, sometimes also called inverse error, is a formal fallacy, committed by reasoning in the form:
If P, then Q.
Not P.
Therefore, not Q.

SOURCE

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 03:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by KeeperOfGenisis

Originally posted by oliveoil
reply to post by spy66

reply to post by Agree2Disagree

But in the Bible there is no mention of God or Jesus giving the Pope the authority to be the vicar of Christ or the vicar of anything.

Matthew 16:17 And Jesus answered and said unto him, Blessed art thou, Simon Barjona: for flesh and blood hath not revealed it unto thee, but my Father which is in heaven.

Matthew 16:18 And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.

Matthew 16:19 And I will give unto thee the keys of the kingdom of heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt bind on earth shall be bound in heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven.

John 21:15 So when they had dined, Jesus saith to Simon Peter, Simon, son of Jonas, lovest thou me more than these? He saith unto him, Yea, Lord; thou knowest that I love thee. He saith unto him, Feed my lambs.

John 21:16 He saith to him again the second time, Simon, son of Jonas, lovest thou me? He saith unto him, Yea, Lord; thou knowest that I love thee. He saith unto him, Feed my sheep.

John 21:17 He saith unto him the third time, Simon, son of Jonas, lovest thou me? Peter was grieved because he said unto him the third time, Lovest thou me? And he said unto him, Lord, thou knowest all things; thou knowest that I love thee. Jesus saith unto him, Feed my sheep.

In these passages Jesus is giving Peter supreme headship of the Church.
He later became Bishop of Rome and those who succeeded him in that see succeeded him also in the supreme headship.The title pope, is at present employed solely to denote the Bishop of Rome, who, in virtue of his position as successor of St. Peter, is the chief pastor of the whole Church, the Vicar of Christ upon earth. So yes, technically the Pope does have a right to say that he is a representative of Christ on earth.
www.newadvent.org...

See what i mean about christans using scripture to suit their needs this is laughable

Just like others use things others say to suit their own needs ? That's what's laughable!

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 03:27 AM
link   
I'm glad to see that reasonable's thread still lives on in glorious blasphemy.

I'd like to add that, despite his general intolerance and lack of enthusiasm for anyone exhibiting faith, reasonable was quite intelligible. However, the simple fact remains that this thread only proves that ATHEISTS "god" is simply their own image. They worship themselves and nothing else(or maybe they say they worship knowledge...or something entirely different who knows. I've learned a lot from labeling atheists, and that is, they get mad when you label them.).

A2D

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 03:28 AM
link   
God doesn't exist because someone did a 'study' that proves he's not a real being?

I did a study that proves a horses are actually unicorns with invisible horns and all that say it's not true are deluded.

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 03:32 AM
link   
reply to post by daggyz

It's a logical fallacy. Just as we can't prove that Santa Clause DOESN'T exist...or flying reindeer DON'T exist...or pink leprechauns with 120 pound pots of gold and silver-striped gloves they wear while digging through the garbage to find a half-dranken Pabst Blue Ribben DON'T exist, we can't prove that God DOESN'T exist either....

new topics

top topics

<< 23  24  25    27 >>

join