It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New study proves someones "god" is nothing more than one's own image! Religion crumbles...

page: 24
<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 09:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by oliveoil
Oh ok,
For a minute there I thought that the owner of this thread was speaking about my God. thats a relief. I was gonna give him a peace of my mind.

So God to you is like an IPOD? IT'S MY GOD but I can just dust him off and brandish him to shut people up.

Sung to the Candyman: Put God in your pocket, cover him in lint, carry him all along and sing a little song, that's what he wants for youuuuu! LA LA!

I grew up with that attitude. Don't use the name of MY God in vain. MINE! HOW DARE YOU INSULT MY GOD! ME!!

You will find yourself judged by your own judgments all by yourself. Try pulling that Buddy Jesus off your dashboard and live an honest life. You aren't being very honest, and you know where you are failing.

Don't need me or God to tell you that.

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by GideonHM

Originally posted by emsed1
I think I can clear this up.

I just talked to God and He said that science doesn't exist!

It doesn't exist, nor does anything else. None of this is real.

Next time you talk to God try asking something useful?

Maybe?

Of course God is not real within our existence. If God was real within our perception of existence God would not be THE GOD. If God created Existence "He" cant be a part of he's own creation. How would he pool that one of?

Science is not the study of God. Science is the study of existence.

Existence will last for ever. So science will be studied for as long as we exist.

[edit on 27.06.08 by spy66]

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 09:49 AM
link   
reply to post by pwrthtbe

You actually have to look at every little variant of the atheists' personalities and gague what their behavioral tendencies are.

I would never beg God for salvation from such a situation and I was agnostic long before my current beliefs which include all the alternate gods from the bible.

Don't use one psychotic test study as some broad reaching proof of anything.

Where's Phage when you need him? Oh wait, he put me on his ignore list, I think. Oh well. He would be disappointed with you! I think...

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 09:55 AM
link   
reply to post by spy66

True, but the Universe was a dream before it was conceived and it is the ultimate contradiction that needs to be understood before you can truly comprehend the situations we are in.

Zeus could be mentioned in the bible. You never know.

But I do know that King James like all kings from his period was a sack of you know what. Not a blessed man, probably barely that.

Reality has always existed as long as there was a person to objectify and rationalize it, whether or not the person existed.

Accept the contradictions.

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 10:14 AM
link   
reply to post by GideonHM

Calm down there Psychonaut,

Do you actually think its ok to make twisted accusations against the one true God, Like the author of this thread did.

Everyone knows that we are made in Gods image and we are like God Knowing good from evil.

This Thread makes no sense to a Christian.Thats why were not SHOCKED at this, Hence the remark I said. Get it?

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by GideonHM
reply to post by spy66

True, but the Universe was a dream before it was conceived and it is the ultimate contradiction that needs to be understood before you can truly comprehend the situations we are in.

Zeus could be mentioned in the bible. You never know.

But I do know that King James like all kings from his period was a sack of you know what. Not a blessed man, probably barely that.

Reality has always existed as long as there was a person to objectify and rationalize it, whether or not the person existed.

Accept the contradictions.

I agree. But i don't really know how to answer your whew about contradiction. Apart from that Religion is a perception of a mans mind.

By knowing that God and Satan and all the angels don't exist within our perception of reality. Its quite easy to put the pieces together.

When someone tells you that they have spoken to God or an angel. They have really no clue to whom they have actually communicated with.

It sure cant have been God. Not even the Angels have a direct link to God. Because they have been created by God as well.

But the Angels have one less link of communication to God then we do. We have to communicate through the angels to get to God. But since we cant see who we think we communicate with. We will never know if its God's angels or Satan's Angels we communicate with. That is the ultimate deception.

That's also why God tells us to watch out for the spirit that we get our spiritual knowledge from. It might not be from the good one

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 10:46 AM
link   
reply to post by spy66

Not even the Angels have a direct link to God.

I see you are not a Catholic.

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 11:01 AM
link   

reply to post by spy66

Not even the Angels have a direct link to God.

I see you are not a Catholic.

No i am not. I am not anything but a believer.

The Pope proclaims he has direct communication with God. That means he also would be above Satan and his angels.

I believe that that Pope is just another human. With just the same handicaps as the rest of us. With one exception he is filthy rich.

There is only one person who has direct communication with God. And that is Jesus. Jesus is above Satan and he's angels and every other angel.

God say so. And so does Jesus. It dosent matter what we think or say. That would be our word against theirs.

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 11:16 AM
link   
reply to post by spy66

The Pope proclaims he has direct communication with God. That means he also would be above Satan and his angels.

I believe that that Pope is just another human. With just the same handicaps as the rest of us. With one exception he is filthy rich.

Not that I agree or disagree with you, But where did you hear that the Pope claims to have direct communication with God?

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 11:47 AM
link   

reply to post by spy66

Not that I agree or disagree with you, But where did you hear that the Pope claims to have direct communication with God?

Its in his title. "Vicarius Filii Dei". Son of God. Vicar of Christ.

You can also see it in what the Pope has proclaimed through history. And that's not just a few small things the Pope has proclaimed, but rather a lot. The Pope has the power to change time. Like the calendar we use. The Gregorian calendar.

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 12:49 PM
link   
reply to post by spy66

Vicar of Christ

(Latin Vicarius Christi).

A title of the pope implying his supreme and universal primacy, both of honour and of jurisdiction, over the Church of Christ. It is founded on the words of the Divine Shepherd to St. Peter: "Feed my lambs. . . . Feed my sheep" (John 21:16-17), by which He constituted the Prince of the Apostles guardian of His entire flock in His own place, thus making him His Vicar and fulfilling the promise made in Matthew 16:18-19.

In the course of the ages other vicarial designations have been used for the pope, as Vicar of St. Peter and even Vicar of the Apostolic See (Pope Gelasius, I, Ep. vi), but the title Vicar of Christ is more expressive of his supreme headship of the Church on earth, which he bears in virtue of the commission of Christ and with vicarial power derived from Him. Thus, Innocent III appeals for his power to remove bishops to the fact that he is Vicar of Christ (cap. "Inter corporalia", 2, "De trans. ep."). He also declares that Christ has given such power only to His Vicar Peter and his successors (cap. "Quanto", 3, ibid.), and states that it is the Roman Pontiff who is "the successor of Peter and the Vicar of Jesus Christ" (cap. "Licet", 4, ibid.). The title Vicar of God used for the pope by Nicholas III (c. "Fundamenta ejus", 17, "De elect.", in 6) is employed as an equivalent for Vicar of Christ.

I still don't see how the Pope is in direct communication with God.

Has any Pope ever claimed to be in direct communication with God?

Where did you find your information?

[edit on 3-12-2009 by oliveoil]

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by spy66

reply to post by spy66

Its in his title. "Vicarius Filii Dei". Son of God. Vicar of Christ.

You can also see it in what the Pope has proclaimed through history. And that's not just a few small things the Pope has proclaimed, but rather a lot. The Pope has the power to change time. Like the calendar we use. The Gregorian calendar.

I think you are taking his title too literally. Perhaps there may have been a Pope in the past who claimed to have "real discussions" with God (although I have no confirmation of this), but I don't know of any Pope in modern times who would claim this.

...and "the power to change time"? C'mon now. All Pope Gregory did was fix the calendar so the faithful could celebrate holy days at the same time. He didn't "change time". Using your definition, then Julius Caesar also had "the power to change time" because he was the one who introduced the Julian Calendar.

I suppose when scientists add or subtract a leap second to a year from time-to-time (because the Earth's orbit is not perfectly regular), then THEY are "changing time". One could argue that -- in a sense -- they are "changing time", but not in the sense you suggested in your post.

You mention these "supernatural powers supposedly claimed by The Office of the Pope" only to make your argument work for you.
However, the Catholic Church itself doesn't claim the Pope has those powers.

[edit on 12/3/2009 by Soylent Green Is People]

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 01:04 PM
link   

reply to post by spy66

Vicar of Christ

(Latin Vicarius Christi).

A title of the pope implying his supreme and universal primacy, both of honour and of jurisdiction, over the Church of Christ. It is founded on the words of the Divine Shepherd to St. Peter: "Feed my lambs. . . . Feed my sheep" (John 21:16-17), by which He constituted the Prince of the Apostles guardian of His entire flock in His own place, thus making him His Vicar and fulfilling the promise made in Matthew 16:18-19.

In the course of the ages other vicarial designations have been used for the pope, as Vicar of St. Peter and even Vicar of the Apostolic See (Pope Gelasius, I, Ep. vi), but the title Vicar of Christ is more expressive of his supreme headship of the Church on earth, which he bears in virtue of the commission of Christ and with vicarial power derived from Him. Thus, Innocent III appeals for his power to remove bishops to the fact that he is Vicar of Christ (cap. "Inter corporalia", 2, "De trans. ep."). He also declares that Christ has given such power only to His Vicar Peter and his successors (cap. "Quanto", 3, ibid.), and states that it is the Roman Pontiff who is "the successor of Peter and the Vicar of Jesus Christ" (cap. "Licet", 4, ibid.). The title Vicar of God used for the pope by Nicholas III (c. "Fundamenta ejus", 17, "De elect.", in 6) is employed as an equivalent for Vicar of Christ.

I still don't see how the Pope is in direct communication with God.

Has any Pope ever claimed to be in direct communication with God?

Where did you find your information?

I see you did some Googling
I have read the same thing. But you should keep on reading because it does get better.

You should also have googled what the Vatican dictionary is telling about his title.

Its better to understand what the Pope is doing to better understand the meaning of his title.

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 01:14 PM
link   
reply to post by spy66

I'm a paid subscriber to the New Advent.(Catholic CD) You mean I can get this info for free? EErrrr
Let me take another look at what I got.

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by spy66
...Its better to understand what the Pope is doing to better understand the meaning of his title...

The Pope may be "doing" a lot of things (perhaps some good things, and perhaps some bad things), but that wasn't the point of your post.

...You seemed to imply in your post the Pope claims to be in some sort of [supernatural] direct communication with God that other "normal" people do not have. Do you have any evidence that any modern Pope has claimed this ability?

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 01:22 PM
link   
reply to post by spy66

Here is the web version of my cd.

www.newadvent.org...

There are only four types of Vicar

Vicar - In canon law, the representative of a person clothed with ordinary ecclesiastical jurisdiction

Vicar Apostolic - In the early ages of the Church, the popes committed to some residentiary bishops the duty of watching over ecclesiastical matters in a certain region

Vicar of Christ - A title of the pope implying his supreme and universal primacy, both of honour and of jurisdiction, over the Church of Christ

Vicar-General - The highest official of a diocese after the ordinary

Thats it , Nothing about communicating with God.

Your information must not be valid.

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 01:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Soylent Green Is People

You seemed to imply in your post the Pope claims to be in some sort of [supernatural] direct communication with God that other "normal" people do not have. Do you have any evidence that any modern Pope has claimed this ability?

I think people like to make things up just to discredit others beliefs.

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 09:06 PM
link   

reply to post by GideonHM

Calm down there Psychonaut,

Do you actually think its ok to make twisted accusations against the one true God, Like the author of this thread did.

Everyone knows that we are made in Gods image and we are like God Knowing good from evil.

This Thread makes no sense to a Christian.Thats why were not SHOCKED at this, Hence the remark I said. Get it?

If your wrathful God were so upset, your Father would take immediate action against the perpetrators.

Everyone knows that the government lies, they accept it and continue their lives allowing thieves and false prophets lie and deceive where ever they can.

So? Saying that "Everyone knows" means nothing at all. You think that because a lot of people agree with an idea that makes it right. Wrong.

Everyone knows that you are a mutant turnip. Did you turn into one? No, you didn't. Would you transform if enough people believed? Unlikely. Everyone in your mentality only includes the extent of your Christian friends, family, and associates (church family included here).

Not to forget, using the term "twisted accusations" sounds like you have placed God in a daytime soap opera. God is strong, God is love, God is understanding, a lot more than you are I am afraid to tell you.

You judge others just like God tells you not to, you refuse to turn the other cheek, and I bet you tell little white lies just like you know you aren't supposed to.

Not to mention, Jesus and God would never mock my handle simply because I may disagree with aspects of Christianity. You just did. Does "treat thy neighbor as thyself" ring a bell? You just broke that rule. You know God would never do such a thing.

You have no moral room to make accusations. Satan is the accuser. I am simply calling you on the rules you preach.

Take your high and mighty attitude to the gates of heaven and see where that will get you. God would not be impressed.

I don't claim to be a faithful Christian, I am a student of the Universe, and that is something that really dwarfs your localized reality.

You better talk to God about what I told you, but you most likely will not.

This is between you and God. Not some conspiracy to defame the one you worship. Change your ways when you still can. Listen to reason.

[edit on 3-12-2009 by GideonHM]

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 09:09 PM
link   
Wow a new study? Maybe some of these people should go out and get a real job at a manufacturing line or somthing?

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 09:09 PM
link   
Wow a new study? Maybe some of these people should go out and get a real job at a manufacturing line or somthing?

I could have easily figured out that before man had other men telling him about "God" It is likely our own conscience was our god to things in the world we did'nt understand.

[edit on 3-12-2009 by Mailman]

new topics

top topics

<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

join