It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New study proves someones "god" is nothing more than one's own image! Religion crumbles...

page: 19
<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 06:04 AM
link   
reply to post by reasonable

If that's the case....I'm polytheistic.

I AM LEGION.

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 06:15 AM
link   
reply to post by watcher73

Given the fact that if you have 10 people witness the same event and end up with ten different stories............. Well, you can do the "math" can you not?

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 06:22 AM
link   
reply to post by orwellianunenlightenment

I agree. Different kind of blinders on, same attitudes, simuliar rhetoric albeit different in content and same frusterating inability to see anything beyond their own fanatical view point.

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 06:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by moocowman
reply to post by AshleyD

Sometimes it's not always apparent like someone having multiple accounts or committing u2u violations like harassing other members or sending spam. It's not always a public event that results in a ban.

As there were no warnings of off topic post or manners and decorum etc are we to conclude that the offense was one of the above ?

Please nobody panic. We don't ban due to opinions and no one has been banned or will be banned due to their opinions expressed in this thread.

Given the circumstances of the banning,the topic of the thread and your religious leanings how do we know this to be true ?

Sometimes things happen behind the scenes ------

That in the interest of national security you little people should not know about because you may be scared?

I think you want to believe it was because of the subject, the "what" of his posts, when clearly evidence shows it is because of the "how". I have no problem, nor does anyone else, discussing religion calmly. Baiting people, chortling, using the ridiculous laughing icons to laugh at instead of with someone is taunting. That is not a quality post, and if you removed "Christian" from his posts and put in "Muslims" or "blacks" or "women" it would have been jerked, as well.

The subject matter of this post has been discussed rarely in this thread. When the mod asked him to return to it he turned this into a popularity contest and taunted the Mod with getting into trouble because of his ability to score with the sponsors. He then said that this was about him taking down Christianity. These things are violations of T&C. He is using a forum for something other than its intents and purposes.

Now, I understand that many of you may have these same goals then go ahead and start your own forum. This is a forum shared by many people and not all of us are appreciative of juvenile displays the likes that your friend liked to counter arguments with. As for his having to defend himself from attacks, well, perhaps he should have thought of this before he lobbed an offensive. Even his thread titles were prepubescent. This is not the stuff of adults.

His original article could have been fascinating. It applies to more than religion. We could have all talked about this eagerly had he set the tone in the right direction, but that was not the direction he wanted to take. He wanted it to be a "take down" of Christianity, rather than an observational discussion of humans and their surroundings.

Perhaps, MooCow, God is the Universe, that we are all part of the whole and the Universe and we create "God's personality" because we are part of God, so everything we create becomes truth. This could have been fascinating had the entire tone been set differently. I, for one, would have loved to discuss it.

All of us have lost friends to banning. Some were Christians, some atheists, some just spiritual. You are looking for a theme and there is none besides the T&Cs. We are guests in another's home. Utilizing this space for propaganda is like coming into my home and bringing your dog without asking or conducting business from it. It is misappropriating my home, my hospitality, and it is rude.

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 06:30 AM
link   
I just wanted to point out that the OP of this thread has been banned by ATS. It should be quite clear at this point that ATS moderators do not want atheist threads. They consider any intelligent challenge to religious dogma to be a "personal attack." If you step on their toes too much on this topic, you will be banned apparently.

You can accuse politicians of being the Antichrist, but you better not claim that there's no God - that's crossing the line! No warning. You lose. You're banned.

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 06:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by andrewh7
I just wanted to point out that the OP of this thread has been banned by ATS. It should be quite clear at this point that ATS moderators do not want atheist threads. They consider any intelligent challenge to religious dogma to be a "personal attack." If you step on their toes too much on this topic, you will be banned apparently.

You can accuse politicians of being the Antichrist, but you better not claim that there's no God - that's crossing the line! No warning. You lose. You're banned.

Was JohnMatrix an atheist? He was banned. You see what you choose to see. People get banned when they forget their manners and think that this site belongs to them as opposed to their being a guest in another's home.

MooCow has yet to be banned and he is a strong anti-Christian. Look at his tagline.

He embraces a level of respect that is necessary when discussing any topic and usually "brings it". Reasonable fell back on laughing icons, threats to take down a religion, and other tactics that are immature and does not elevate discussion.

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 06:35 AM
link   

What are you talking about? I've had debates with plenty of atheists, very heated debates and they are all still posters here.

If someone got banned, it was probably due to bad manners rather than their personal beliefs. When you can open up a ton of threads and find atheists posting, then your entire premise is nothing more than taking up the victim role as a means to support.

And yet, in the process not only does most people know what you say is full of it, but every atheist who posts here and has posted here for any length of time also knows you are full of it. So who exactly do you think you are fooling here?

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 06:37 AM
link   
They consider any intelligent challenge to religious dogma to be a "personal attack."

Lastly, explain how these types of posts by people

Originally posted by MrDudle
Maybe he doesn't do miracles because you touch yourself at night. On a serious note, god doesn't exist, nor is there any intrinsic value in anything. And if you are telling us that by saying god doesn't exist that means we are polluting your thread then you are just closed minded!!!!!!!!!!!!!! RAWR I R MAD!!!!!!!!!!! Nah...basically dude/dudette you asked for thoughts. We give thoughts. If you don't like our thoughts then I suggest leaving?

are an intelligent challenge to religious dogma. When you start a thread off on the wrong note this is what you breed. There are many of these. All of the challenges and rebuttals slide into mediocrity at best.

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 06:38 AM
link   
reply to post by moocowman

A few things.

Firstly - why someone else has had their account terminated by ATS is actually between ATS and them. ATS has a policy - which we have always had - of not discussing member bannings in a public arena. That policy has not changed.

What I can, and will tell you is this. No one is banned from ATS for their opinion on a particular subject matter. They are banned for Terms and Condition violations.

Secondly - the topic of this thread is New study proves someones "god" is nothing more than one's own image! Religion crumbles...

Not - "Why did someone get banned from ATS"

Please address the actual topic in thread. If you have an issue with how ATS is run please raise it on the ATS Issues Thread or use the complain/suggestion button in your member centre.

Now please, the topic....

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 06:39 AM
link   

Hi.

I'm an atheist.

Whats your point again?

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 07:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Watcher-In-The-Shadows

Given the fact that if you have 10 people witness the same event and end up with ten different stories............. Well, you can do the "math" can you not?

Witnessed events arent the same as god whispering into the ears of 5 billion people. If it was truly god the stories should be the same.

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 07:18 AM
link   
reply to post by andrewh7

Pure baloney. I know some have a persecution complex but look around you. Your opponent's have launched on the same "they are to get me rants" that you have. Saying "There is no god." is fine, saying all people who believe in god are stupid and any of the gazillion other silly attacks I have seen used is not. Taunting moderators with "I'm too popular to be banned." when being chastised for bad behavior which consisted of doing nothing more than looking to spam your arguments with no real chance for real conversation is also not fine.
But, I know, it supports your stance to feel picked on so thusly you will.

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 07:22 AM
link   
theres no such thing as god...the sooner religion is erased the better

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 07:24 AM
link   

Do you realise how little sense you just made? Or are you honestly telling me that if a "god" was to exist that it would HAVE TO somehow change OUR limitations so that they don't apply to it?

[edit on 2-12-2009 by Watcher-In-The-Shadows]

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 07:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Silicis n Volvo

the sooner religion is erased the better

You know what I see when I read such lines as these? The same old BS made by the zealots of every belief system or lifestyle choice in existence. “The sooner everyone is like me the better.”, which is of course, NEVER GOING TO HAPPEN. Might as well learn to accept differences.

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 07:40 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 07:42 AM
link   
Darn Christians and/or atheists always trying to tell people what they should believe. They put others down for not having the same beliefs when they're so obviously right. Science and/or the bible tells us so.

Okay, sarcasm aside. Can atheists and Christians please stop trying to hijack science for their theological agendas? Science will never be able to prove or disprove the existence of God. Christans, judge not lest ye be judged. Atheists, if you don't believe in God, fine. Good for you. Now get over it and quit shoving it down everybody's throat. Don't you hate it when Christians do that to you? You're both so alike, it's a wonder you don't get along. The bible-hugging judgmental Christian and the Jesus-hating smug atheist...both equally annoying, trust me.

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 07:43 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 07:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Watcher-In-The-Shadows

yawn!

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 07:48 AM
link   
Come on people, what haven't we already learned that Bob Marley hasn't already taught us?

-We Know and understand that the mighty God is the living man, You can fool some people sometimes but you can't fool all the people all the time.So now we see the light, We gonna stand up for our rights, JAH !!

[edit on 2-12-2009 by oliveoil]

top topics

<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join