It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New study proves someones "god" is nothing more than one's own image! Religion crumbles...

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by moocowman
reply to post by semperfortis

I hate to break it to you OP, but you are a tool.. A tool of prophecy. You are working for the very God you mock. You were foretold and you are expected and in many ways welcome. Your very protestations and the very hilarious links you provide, all further substantiate the writings in the Bible. (Besides providing a great source of amusement) I for one, thank you for being here. Your presence solidifies and strengths my faith as only proof can. For you are proof.

Needless to say if he didn't do what he does then your prophecy would be false,so you need him to prove your case.
Thank god for all the misery death and wars then.

PISCES : You have been seeking changes in something very important in your life. The new year will ring in the importunity to move forward into a new beginning,it's time to drop that baggage that's been annoying you a man in green could help you leap forward.

MooCow,

where's the eloquence? Usually you bring it. This is rather "meh" for you. The second sentence seems slightly removed from the first. There is no cohesion.

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by ch1ldofthe70s
Hey reasonable, can I ask you some simple questions? What does it matter to you if people believe or not? How is a persons religious affiliation of any sort any of your business? Why do you spend so much time and effort looking for proof that there is no God? I am not bothered by your quest for the truth, but you seem obsessed in your efforts and in those efforts rejoice in attempting to shatter peoples hopes. You have no definitive proof that God exists or does not exist. In theory if He does exist and is all powerful then he could easily stop us from ever creating a science that could prove He is there. If we did prove He is there it would debase the whole need for faith which is an integral part of spirituality. There is only one way to know for sure, but I dont see anyone from either side of he argument lining up to jump off a bridge to go find out if there is indeed anything there after death. Interesting info you posted, but it still does not prove anything definitive.

People can believe whatever hohaa they like as long as they keep it to themselves where it belongs. I do not need these people telling me how to live my life, what i can listen to on the radio, what is acceptable on TV, that I cannot hang out laundry on a clothes line because underwear is offensive, that my kid must be taught fairytales in school about the earth being 4,000 yrs old. I could go on for pages. Get it now?

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 04:29 PM
link   
reply to post by ch1ldofthe70s

Interesting theory for both sides not lining up to find out. lol. I like that. In all seriousness I look forward to the end of this life. If I am right it will be amazing. If I am wrong, well there was nothing to worry about. Sounds like a win/win situation to me.

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by reasonable

Originally posted by Soylent Green Is People

..What we get from these people are them trying to shove their crap down our throats. Don't even get me started about what they are trying to do at my child's school. I will fight this lunacy as much as possible. I will fight for freedom from religion...

What does that have anything to do with "A human brain uses its own attitudes when forming its idea of God" (which is so damn obvious), and also what does it have anything to do with "does God exist?"

So, organized religions have some bad aspects (OMG! newsflash!) -- However, what does that have to do with the study you linked in the OP?

[edit on 12/1/2009 by Soylent Green Is People]

Because the study FURTHER validates that this 'god' bollocks is all B.S. perpetuated by psychological disorder, and all of this discussion in this thread is on-topic btw - the OP study shows why all of this discussion comes up in the first place.

Like I said before, I'm not a big "God" believer, but what does my belief or your belief or anyone else's belief have anything to do with whether or not God exists?

...And what do the sins of organized religions have anything to to with the existence or non-existence of God?

...And what difference does it make that a human brain decides to use its past experiences to create God in its own way?

I'm sorry, but if supreme creator of the universe exists, it exists whether we believe, don't believe, hate to believe, create "a God in our own image" in our brains, or create one that is totally foreign to us. What we believe about God could be irrelevant.

...plus I still don't understand what religion-bashing has to do with the study in the OP.

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 04:31 PM
link   
reply to post by reasonable

In your case YouTube would be a better option I guess.

This thread has brought nothing new or intelligent to the table. And your little crusade to insult religious people is nothing more than pure ignorant antisemitism since you're unable to provide a single intelligent and insightful observation or discuss the topic at hand in a intelligent and constructive manner.

A blog or a Tweeter account are more suited for what you're trying to do, even though a personal diary should suffice.

[edit on 1-12-2009 by thomas_]

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Yet you go on and on telling them what they should be believing..... Go figure. Hypocritical anyone?

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/5a7b8e60134b.jpg[/atsimg]

And just to be equal.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/ecf46406946f.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 04:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Soylent Green Is People

But classic poisoning the well tactics makes one FEEL right.

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 04:34 PM
link   
This thread seems to have formed into a hurricane of sorts, but of the downward spiral variety. I would like to apologize for anything I said that contributed to this downward spiral. I, like us all, can succumb to this nasty dance we do. I am far from perfect. When I lecture, I must know that I am, of course, lecturing myself as well. For some context, one of the reasons for my spirituality is the mass of chaotic war I grew up in. But slinging arrows only perpetuates the drama. The whole sins of the father concept. If we keep dancing the same dance, how can we expect to resolve anything.

Does this thread not illustrate a certain principle, how we're all "guilty as charged" when we let our own reactionary beast pull our strings? Maybe this is why we might worship our ego rather than, say, the ONE true God, the source of it all. It leads to further and further separation and strife. The Word is VERY powerful. We must realize this, of course, myself included. When we keep up with our selfish angles, we never solve THE problem. Again, not judging. I have been a doodoo head myself many times. Again, I am truly sorry for my particular contribution to this madness. Let's just let it go, and stop "hanging in there." What is it that we are grasping? I must reflect now, as I want out of this loop.

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Conclusion
reply to post by ch1ldofthe70s

Interesting theory for both sides not lining up to find out. lol. I like that. In all seriousness I look forward to the end of this life. If I am right it will be amazing. If I am wrong, well there was nothing to worry about. Sounds like a win/win situation to me.

Pascal's Wager:

If you erroneously believe in God, you lose nothing (assuming that death is the absolute end), whereas if you correctly believe in God, you gain everything (eternal bliss).

But if you correctly disbelieve in God, you gain nothing (death ends all), whereas if you erroneously disbelieve in God, you lose everything (eternal damnation).

Pascal's Wager

[edit on 12/1/2009 by Soylent Green Is People]

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by thomas_

In your case YouTube would be a better option I guess.

This thread has brought nothing new or intelligent to the table. And your little crusade to insult religious people is nothing more than pure ignorant antisemitism since you're unable to provide a single intelligent and insightful observation or discuss the topic at hand in a intelligent and constructive manner.

A blog or a Tweeter account are more suited for what you're trying to do, even though a personal diary should suffice.

[edit on 1-12-2009 by thomas_]

31 flags and +6 more stars and rising. It has brought plenty to the table and had all intentions of containing civil discussion and debate. Unfortunately the ATS god squad has appeared to derail it and destroy it. They do this every time so you can hardly blame me.

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Watcher-In-The-Shadows

No. Wanting separation of church & state + freedom from religion is not telling people what to believe. It's telling them to mind their own business.

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by ch1ldofthe70s
Hey reasonable, can I ask you some simple questions? What does it matter to you if people believe or not? How is a persons religious affiliation of any sort any of your business? Why do you spend so much time and effort looking for proof that there is no God? I am not bothered by your quest for the truth, but you seem obsessed in your efforts and in those efforts rejoice in attempting to shatter peoples hopes. You have no definitive proof that God exists or does not exist. In theory if He does exist and is all powerful then he could easily stop us from ever creating a science that could prove He is there. If we did prove He is there it would debase the whole need for faith which is an integral part of spirituality. There is only one way to know for sure, but I dont see anyone from either side of he argument lining up to jump off a bridge to go find out if there is indeed anything there after death. Interesting info you posted, but it still does not prove anything definitive.

People can believe whatever hohaa they like as long as they keep it to themselves where it belongs. I do not need these people telling me how to live my life, what i can listen to on the radio, what is acceptable on TV, that I cannot hang out laundry on a clothes line because underwear is offensive, that my kid must be taught fairytales in school about the earth being 4,000 yrs old. I could go on for pages. Get it now?

Who is telling you how to live your life? It is not a law that you must be religious. What I want to know is why do you feel the need to ridicule peoples beliefs' when those same beliefs are not forced upon you. I am not sure what religion has told you not to put your underwear out on the line, but that is dumb. As far as I know the government does not allow christianity to be taught in schools, but they teach fairy tales in literature. I could go on, but I hope you get it.

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Um, hate to inform you. You are doing far more than wanting. But of course, it must be great to follow history's precedent of bad behavior in response for bad behavior which is what you said. Or you honestly believe you can do no wrong.

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 04:42 PM
link   
reply to post by andrewh7

Here's a better example. If you were a true Christian, you would advocate abandoning all human laws, closing all courts, and shutting down the prisons. After all, how could any earthly justice compare with an eternity in heaven or hell as a result of your actions during this life?

Moreover, what would be the purpose of hospitals and doctors? If you save a person with an appendicitis, aren't you fighting God's will or altering his plans? Why isn't simple prayer sufficient when a loved one is having a heart attack? God can create a universe but he can't clear a clogged artery?

Great question but you need to keep in mind not everyone is a Christian or even religious. Also, there is nothing in the Bible or New Testament that says laws are unnecessary. In fact, quite the opposite. Government is needed for structure. But let's say all the Christians did get together and shut down all the prisons and destroyed all the laws? I don't think the rest of the world would be too happy about that.

I respect the need for forum moderators, but don't you think it's hypocritical for a forum moderator to tell someone sitting at their computer that they are wasting their life? If you're trying to discourage what you see as "personal attacks," then making a personal attack doesn't seem like the best way to make your point and set a good example.

You misrepresent my post. I did not say he needs to get off the computer. It was in response to his post basically telling others to get off the net so I put it into perspective but still refrained from making a judgment against him. Since we don't know each other or what everyone is involved in, it's not wise to tell anyone they need to go do something else. So what you are concerned with is actually what the other member said while I was against such a stance of telling people to log off and finding something else to do. Your concern is with him as that is their opinion, not mine.

I think ATS is big enough for everyone and we should all feel welcome here. My post was to show how silly it is to judge someone else and tell them to log off whether it be because they are religious and need to go to a soup kitchen or because they are not religious and need to go and enjoy the only existence they think they have.

However, if you consider all argument on the topic of religion to be a "personal attack," why is it that almost every topic is open to intellectual debate but challenging someone else's religious beliefs in a civil manner is taboo?

Once again you mistake me for the OP. It was them who claimed to be attacked by those simply disagreeing with their position. I've said numerous times on ATS that this is a conspiracy site and religion is fair game to be criticized. My faith is very precious to me but to take questions, criticism, or conspiracies as an attack would be wrong. I'm not one who considers questioning of religion as an attack in itself. But then there is also blatant trolling.

'I have a problem with Christianity because I feel the Bible has been spliced together too many times so how can we follow something we don't even know is accurate?'

A.O.K.

'Christians suck and you are all mindless, dribbling morons who worship your sky daddy. ROFCOPTERS.'

Not so much. lol

[edit on 12/1/2009 by AshleyD]

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by A Fortiori

Originally posted by Level X
The Bible heads have learn to survive in todays jungle they have to earn their "Bible Cred.." like rappers.

Just thawing out a box of chilled Rattle Snakes and dancing around like crazed heathens of God is not good enough now-a-days...

They now seek biblical credibilty from the streets... often using street slang to DRAW IN unsuspecting victims with words like...

God's is in da house!
Fo Jeezy!
Let me hit yah wit Da message of G-dog!
I'm pimpin and Prayin!
Mary Mag... huh... Dat's my girl!
I'm Blingin in da name O God!

[edit on 1-12-2009 by Level X]

The world of comedy and sarcasm was shamed by this post.

Go to YouTube at once and watch at least 5 Bill Hicks videos, 2 George Carlins, 5 Eddie Izzard, and 1 Noel Fielding. That's your penance.

No need for your suggested comedy fest... alls you gotta do is open ah Bible

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 04:44 PM
link   
reply to post by A Fortiori

Sorry about that dude, it was a bit of taffy sarcasm.
I've been rereading some of your posts, ha your wit is sharper than my ex wifes' tongue.

I can't yak too much 2day as I'm suffering blinding headaches (opener for the xtians to some healing there) waiting for my new specs.

Of interest (to me at least) your definition of Trolling, what do you think would constitute trolling in the real world ?

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 04:47 PM
link   

I don't know man. In this hierarchical dominator/slave pyramid, the state seems to be a religion of its own. We have a tendency, I think, to dance in circles surrounding a core AUTHORity. The question is, who is the author we worship?

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Really? 32 flags for this? This Christ-hating thread has more flags than all of mine put together. Congratulations.

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Well done OP! S&F!

Have I missed something here? Am I not on one of the more prominent conspiracy theory websites?

How can any one person believe in theories of global elitism or alien life/intervention and still maintain a belief in the doctored scriptures of the Bible? The ATS community as a collective has lost about 70% credibility in my mind.

I came here looking for cohesive intellectual endeavors and not a collective of zealots who can't see past their own spiritual and cognitive indoctrination.

I'm a theist and indeed I embrace the tenants that Christ is alleged to have thought though I'd be embarrassed to associate myself with any major Christian religion firstly as an intellect and secondly as an altruist.

Gandhi said it best (in response to the missionary E. Stanley Jones):

"Oh, I don't reject your Christ. I love your Christ. It's just that so many of you Christians are so unlike your Christ."

To reiterate, I'm deeply saddened to find that even a small clique of individuals are parading around defending the theological fallacies of the Christian bible without realizing that it has been instrumental in their own psychological enslavement since the day they were first lectured on it.

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 04:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Watcher-In-The-Shadows

Hit....the nail....on.....the head......of the beast.
A wise one you are.

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join