It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Warning from Pres. Eisenhower about the Corruption of

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 11:22 PM
link   
This is the most important part of the Farewell speech from President Eisenhower pertaining to the current state of "Science/Technology" in America.

"Akin to, and largely responsible for the sweeping changes in our industrial-military posture, has been the technological revolution during recent decades.

In this revolution, research has become central, it also becomes more formalized, complex, and costly. A steadily increasing share is conducted for, by, or at the direction of, the Federal government.

Today, the solitary inventor, tinkering in his shop, has been overshadowed by task forces of scientists in laboratories and testing fields. In the same fashion, the free university, historically the fountainhead of free ideas and scientific discovery, has experienced a revolution in the conduct of research. Partly because of the huge costs involved, a government contract becomes virtually a substitute for intellectual curiosity. For every old blackboard there are now hundreds of new electronic computers.

The prospect of domination of the nation's scholars by Federal employment, project allocations, and the power of money is ever present – and is gravely to be regarded.

Yet, in holding scientific research and discovery in respect, as we should, we must also be alert to the equal and opposite danger that public policy could itself become the captive of a scientific-technological elite."

This last paragraph explains Precisely what is going on today with the "Global Warming" Contraversy. We're (Public Policy) being held "Captive" by the S/T Elite!

As you may have noticed, the paragraphs previous to these in Eisenhowers' speech are almost Daily "Quoted" by Radio Talk Show Hosts complaining about the corruption of defense spending, on T.V. in shows deriding Defense Establishment corruption, News Orgs. bitterly chastising Congressmen/Senators/Lobbyists for "directing" funds to their friends/donors for defense projects, etc., etc., etc..

Yet, have you EVER seen/heard/saw ONE SINGLE WORD of THIS portion publically "Quoted"? NO! NEVER! EVER!, Why you say? Because there is no monetary/publicity/knowledge based profit in it!

1.Virtually ALL advertising is sponsored by the Companies' who directly profit from Govt funding of "Science"and "Technology". GE, GM, MONSANTO, ALL PHONE CO.S', etc., Do you really think the T.V./Radio industry is going to bite the hand that feeds them!

2. Everyone who ever went through a College/University MUST KNOW that the Govt is Supremely Vested in them,(where do you think Pell Grants, Govt Scholarships, Military Scholarships/Programs, Federal College loan guaranties, Private College Loans recently taken over by the Feds., Grants for Science and Technology Courses/Programs, come from?) Do you really think that anyone with a degree, ([JD.,MD.,MBA.,MS.,MA.,BA.,BS.,] the folks on TV,Radio almost always have a degree in something and we have been programmed to believe that a degree makes you "relevant, intelligent, worthy of a job in the media") is going to mess with the folks who paid/sponsored/guarantied their "Education"!

So, You say, "What about the talk radio people who are always complaining about both of these subjects, (right wing media) could you be wrong?", actually NO! If you listen carefully, you might hear them complaining about it, but has anything actually ever been done to rectify the situation? No! As there never will be anything done, what you are hearing is a carefully crafted psychological campaign specifically designed to "disarm/relieve you of your anxiety/motivation to do anything yourself".

If we don't WAKE UP and Really Demand Radical Changes in the Way Colleges/Universities are Ran/Funded, We Will Be "Permenantly Enslaved" By, not only the S/T Elite, but by ALL the Institutions Controlled by "Govt Funding".

Be Prepared for Extreme Deprivation! Don't Rely on Anyone Except Yourself and Your Immediate Family and Friends!

uspolitics.about.com...

[edit on 11/30/09 by Keymaster1]

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 11:12 PM
link   
Hey, You were on this before me.

I actually heard it mentioned in some indie news thing, but the guy messed up and didn't finish the quote off about the "technological elite". As soon as I heard him I knew what speech it was, and then I recalled the JFK speech about the secret "conspiracy" war being waged against the US that also uses "scientific operations", as is in my video:
www.abovetopsecret.com...
I've had these quotes in mind for some time related to my AI type Technological Establishment work, yet somehow 'missed it' recently with this Climategate frenzy.

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Lol I'm not a very big fan of Eisenhower.

Let's just say that he helped us to get to where we are today. A BS foreign police and economy.

join