It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

[hoax] Cop gets busted by ALIEN? Zapped! [TV SHOW CLIP]

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 06:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpaceMonkeys
This looks like typical CGI to me, looks like they used something like After Effects. Usually if you want something in the scene to disappear and something else to replace it but without showing the transition, you would have to use something to hide or obscure that area, in this case with the use of a glowing white light (which looks like a typical glow effect). And theres the other reasons which other people have mentioned. If you want to see some examples of what you can do with After Effects go here:

www.videocopilot.net...

OOooooor you could read the post DIRECTLY ABOVE YOURS!

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 07:09 AM
link   
reply to post by HankMcCoy

Theres a lot of people posting in this thread, I must have missed yours. Well thats how they would have been able to create this video.

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 07:10 AM
link   
Of course this is a fake
I mean, surely somebody somewhere will report an officer being turned to ash?

Also, it is meant to be a Police video, so I am guessing that if this was real, then cops wouldn't release it??

Good effects but the funniest thing is the people on here who even contemplate it is real.

Don't worry...we'll get proof of E.T. one day

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 07:25 AM
link   
What I didn't see on the cgi examples, was light reflected by nearby objects or on wet ground - or additional shadows behind trees etc.

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 07:26 AM
link   
I note that the Police Officer appears to be right handed, hence his side arm worn on his right (strong) side.

If this is the case he would never have started off carrying his torch in his right hand, as if he needed to draw his weapon he would either have to drop his torch or change it to his left hand.

Also he was quiet wide to the suspect vehicle standing well into the road, which is not a safe practise especially at night.

A very good video only let down by the actor playing the Police Officer not being fully aware of Police procedure and tactics.

Very entertaining!

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 07:29 AM
link   
I think this is fake.

Oh damn I missed the train, sorry... Lucky really, as I didn't have train fare.

Well GoooOOoOOooly..

C'mon. we all start at the beginning. We all encounter posts that just make us wanna jump up and down. We are involved in a discussion. No one he..... Not everyone here has ESP.

It's not like anyone is going to die from another opinion, or from a substantiation of evidence, or of an idea as to what x, y and z is.

Get a grip. Thread should be closable with approval from a mod by request of the OP. If the OP is still not satisfied, then any further discussion is VALID.

Even if it's just to keep banging the nail into the wood till the wood breaks and the house falls down, killing the orphans dwelling in it, and their kittens.

Sorry masters, I'll go back to my chambers and await the grubs now.

(I still think it's fake, *runs away*)

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 07:32 AM
link   
reply to post by OpTiMuS_PrImE

btw im a believer of ET life.

but ofcourse it looks unedited...thats what any good editor tries to achieve. go watch a modern film with special effects...it looks real...this is just some guy having fun with adobe after effects. notice how the trick is to make the effect so bright you cant actually see whats happening to the cop.

heres a good example of a video created in after effects....it looks real...but its fake...people should learn to not be so naive.

www.youtube.com...

[edit on 1-12-2009 by Silicis n Volvo]

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 07:37 AM
link   

Well, whose u2u'd a mod requesting it? I dunno how it works, but even SO - for different reasons - believes it's a fake.

I've not seen any current forum mods here to do such, but again I don't know how it works.

It should be, in my opinion. But it's what it is. I'm now going back to rewatching tropic thunder and keeping my cat soothed till the morning. obviously the vet did something wrong.. grrr.

Hooroo suckersss!!!!

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 07:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Silicis n Volvo

Best part is that is SOOOOO easy to achieve.

After effects should be the anti-christ of ATS.

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 07:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by internos
I think it's from the 4400 TV series and some retarded has found the time to try to pass it as the real deal:
Promicin blast kills cop
The 4400 Sundays 9/8c on USA Which side are you on?

The 4400 (pronounced "The Forty-four Hundred") is a science fiction TV series produced by CBS Paramount Network Television[1] in association with Sky Television, Renegade 83 and American Zoetrope for USA Network. The show was created and written by Scott Peters and René Echevarria, and it stars Joel Gretsch and Jacqueline McKenzie. The series ran for four seasons from 2004 until its cancellation in 2007.

en.wikipedia.org...

HOAX HOAX HOAX

Read the thread people, stop replying to this video, it's already been proven to be from a television series!

Can we please get a Mod to lock this thread???

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 07:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ha`la`tha

Well, whose u2u'd a mod requesting it? I dunno how it works, but even SO - for different reasons - believes it's a fake.

Hit the ALERT button in anyone's post to alert a mod to a situation.

I have already ALERTed the OP, let's see what happens.

Oh, and SO posted before the 4400 evidence was presented.

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 07:48 AM
link   
reply to post by BillyTheCat

Right on. Actors with real borrowed equipment for sure. Nice effort, though.

Edit: LoL I just saw it was for a TV Series in the above post(s).

[edit on 1-12-2009 by OrphenFire]

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 07:54 AM
link   
Okay so people are debating its real or not well..

its fake

www.metacafe.com...

it's part of a tv series. lol. Anyone clearly still discussing it obviously doesnt read up much. xD

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 07:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Silicis n Volvo

Thank you for the voice of reason. Though of course, I believe in ET, I worry about the gullibility of folks who even momentarily considered the video to be authentic.

Are we to believe the ET life has mastered localized (locus and biological) disintegration but not the technology to detect or disable or rudimentary recording systems (police camera)?

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 08:20 AM
link   
I think the video is fake, because of the way the rear of the car lights up, light cant travel around corners.

What I am ROTFLMAO about is the comments, "I dunno something seems odd about this video" we see that comment on every single UFO or paranormal related video.

OF COURSE THERE IS SOMETHING BLOODY ODD, a guy just burst into flames in front of you, if that isn't odd then what is? I don't know about any of you, but that comment always raises a giggle.

It's a line that could very easily be inserted into any Scooby Doo cartoon, and yeah I know it's usually a reference to something seen in the video, but cmon.

So either this video is some cops playing a practical joke, or a scene from a movie which has yet to be determined, you can see the top lights flashing on the post, the Cop who knows if he is real, anyone can dress as a Cop, the only thing which does baffle me is, when the Cop hits the floor, he seems to have lost a hell of a lot of weight

The only way for the back of the Ford to light up, are either the light is coming from the Police car, or the intensity of the light is enough to reflect it off the Police car, if it is real and my thoughts are wrong, then the whatever that caused the Cop to catch fire, has to be from inside the Ford, otherwise the driver would have burned, and the left side of the car would have been smoking, the Cop does seem to be a little nervous the way he is bending down, almost like he is seeing something in the passenger seat?

The only thing that points towards this not being the swivel light, is the background does not light up enough, these are wide lens lights, meaning they are designed to light up as wide an area as possible, it seems to be too located on the cop, which is not right, go and try it with a high powered torch (flashlight)

But I do think it's a set up, even the information on the screen is in the wrong place, it's usually at the top or bottom, with the units information, time, date, speed, etc, cant see any of that.

And that is my 2 pennies worth.

ADDED, see I spent so long going back and fourth writing this then coming back, I completely missed the above post with the info, so I was right in thinking it wasn't real LMAO.

[edit on 1/12/2009 by azzllin]

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 08:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Yummy Freelunch
Lord have mercy

did you guys read what Mclaneinc..wrote..IT'S A SCENE FROM THE 4400 TV SERIES!!!!

not only that, do you REALLY believe this would happen other than in hollywood...

if so..i have cookies and milk and please pull out your nap rugs..

We'll make our macaroni necklaces for you to take home to mums.

[edit on 1-12-2009 by Yummy Freelunch]

Lol...

I tried my best, seems the kids are allowed on their 'pooters' to long these days...

Btw, fetching avatar

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 08:24 AM
link   
looks like a scen from a remake of the film "Repo Man"

a blatant fake imho

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 08:27 AM
link   
I now know why the Human Race is in such dire trouble. For anyone to think that this was actually real is just baffling to me.

I could go on and on and on, but I can't. It's just too damn depressing. It Really is.

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 08:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by HankMcCoy

Originally posted by Ha`la`tha

Hit the ALERT button in anyone's post to alert a mod to a situation.

I have already ALERTed the OP, let's see what happens.

Oh, and SO posted before the 4400 evidence was presented.

I know, but being a part of the trio who run the show, if he really warranted this a certain way, he'd be the one to do it !

But it looks like it worked!!
Now hopefully people can stop making this a front page item! I only keep coming back merely because it's still there.

Hoax it is lads, The youtube person is one to ignore, in my opinion.

Personally, I am reluctant to alert mods to threads unless it's for very offensive behavior or sheer trolling - hoaxes are an iffy situation, they leave a sour taste in my mouth when the OP may not be aware it is or not, they still cop the shame.

Sometimes, they have the best intentions, and it's a shame to limit them in future possible threads, by remembering them as the guy who hoaxed, when they merely posted something they felt warranted a closer look - as I believe the case may have been here, or I may be mistaking the OP for a subsequent poster, too long, too late at night.

Unless they have a track record, I always err on benefit of doubt.

But yes, definitely it should have been closed as a thread explained by non-OP topic related explanations.

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 08:42 AM
link   
Oh and just for the record Hank, I agree with you, Im not being on the sidelines.. Uhh, re-reading my posts it may come across that way.

I just think people should be able to post at any point in a thread (not the first post if there's 77 pages, obviously, but when I did, it was 6, and Internos posted on page 5) if it does add to the topic. Not in the likes of "OMG THEY'RE REAL!!!11
" posts, but hoping to explain to the OP and others HOW it cannot be simply that simple to squeal!

Since I only ever really read posts from the front page, I am always 4-5 pages behind.

I like to be involved, sometimes I help, more often than not I get 'foes' but meh, it's the interweb. Im here for a good time, not a long time.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join