It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If Aliens made contact. . .

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by DjSharperimage
Aliens only talk to positive good people; I guess for telepathy to work you have to be on the same wavelength....

Or, like real predators they cast out yummy little worms on hooks and pretend to be your friends and "in tune" with you, with the ultimate purpose of eating you for dinner.

Don't for a moment believe that the various entities out there can't lie to you. Lying, including camouflage, greatly increases one's chance of survival.

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by 2000 Yards

Originally posted by DjSharperimage
Aliens only talk to positive good people; I guess for telepathy to work you have to be on the same wavelength....

Or, like real predators they cast out yummy little worms on hooks and pretend to be your friends and "in tune" with you, with the ultimate purpose of eating you for dinner.

Don't for a moment believe that the various entities out there can't lie to you. Lying, including camouflage, greatly increases one's chance of survival.

Eat me for dinner?
Lie to me?
I could destroy entire worlds with my mind alone;
If anything, they probably saved your life, from me......

here is a music video

[edit on 1-12-2009 by DjSharperimage]

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 07:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by DataWraith

Humans kill other Humans over a piece of paper.

or a piece ef metal, or a piece of rock, or a piece of silicone, or differing beliefs, etc., etc., etc.

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 08:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by LocoHombre
reply to post by 2000 Yards

That is probably true, unlessthey have been observing us and watching what we call things, and in effect learning our language.

But why talk with the species that is the most violent in the solar system, and probably in the arm of the galaxy in which we reside?

Well, maybe because we are the most violent they want us to grow the hell up?

Like, when you were young, and you did some naughty thing, your parents always knocked you in a coma, kicked your anus so far up your body the smell of sh*t came outta your ears and stuff jsut to teach you you need to stop and dont do that naughty thing you did anymore, maybe they would want to talk to us to makes us stop what were doing.

just an example though

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 09:55 AM
link   
Well peronaly im sick of people selling us as a species short. I seriously doubt that all aliens are hippies, im more willing to beleive theyre like us but think theyre more "enlightened" or "astrally minded" or whatever they choose to call it. Weve been doing that amongst ourselves since the beggining. Chances are theyre just as arrogant and egotistic as we are, but think theyre better as we would if we found an alien civilization technologicaly inferior to us.

I see no problem in arrogance. Our ego's drive us further as a species. We are hellbent on understanding how the universe works and working those laws into ways to help ourselves. We want to, to some degree, control the universe and nature ... hence we develop tech to let us do this. Science is essentially the human ego trip, and thats a good thing. We have developed in a unique way compared to the other species on the planet. We no have to react to our environment, we can try and control it, like beavers...

so if were egoistic and evil and small minded, so are the beavers! and ill not stand for that

i cant wait till a flotilla of ufo's land somewhere and start having a festival and selling us beads... it would make me laugh.

*on a side note, yes we are more intelligent than other animals on our planet because we have cd's and mp3 players... id like to see an animal work out how to make a hard copy of something it can hear so it can share it with others of its species... i mean id settle for a cave painting done by a panda.

~TR

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 10:28 AM
link   
I think this paper may be of interest in this thread:

Counting on Beauty: The role of aesthetic, ethical, and physical universal principles for interstellar communication

Abs:

SETI researchers believe that the basic principles of our science and the science of extraterrestrial beings should be fundamentally the same, and we should be able to communicate with them by referring to those things we share, such as the principles of mathematics, physics, and chemistry (a similar cognitive map of nature). This view assumes that there is only one way to conceptualize the laws of nature. Consequently, mathematics and the language of nature should be universal. In this essay, we discuss the epistemological bases of the last assumptions. We describe all the hypotheses behind the universality of the laws of nature and the restrictions that any technology should have to establish contact with other galactic technological civilization. We introduce some discussions about the limitations of homocentric views. We discuss about the possible use of aesthetic cognitive universals as well as ethical ones in the design of interstellar messages. We discuss the role of symmetry as a universal cognitive map. We give a specific example on how to use the Golden Section principles to design a hypothetical interstellar message based in physical and aesthetical cognitive universals. We build a space of configuration matrix, representing all the variables to be taken into account for designing an electromagnetic interstellar message (e.g. frequency, polarization, bandwidth, transmitting power, modulation, rate of information, galactic coordinates, etc.) against the limitations imposed by physical, technological, aesthetical and ethical constraints. We show how to use it, in order to make hypotheses about the characteristics and properties of hypothetical extraterrestrial artificial signals and their detection by existing SETI projects.

pre-print at arxiv.org

arxiv.org...

Hope it helps!

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 04:30 PM
link   
It's amazing to see this argument pop up about what the smartest animal is...

Anyhoo, just go real simple...

You're an alien, never seen Earth, but chances are, your distant history has some parallels in development of civilization (i.e. change from hunter to farmer, etc.)...and maybe you're an alien joyrider vs. explorer...but you at least went to Alien High....

So, you come through the clouds, and see that the land is in a bunch of squares..."That doesn't look natural..." and you wonder what creature did it.... You boot up your sensors, and find all kinds of primitive (to you) signals floating around...you get closer, and you see cities, order, etc., signs of some kind of civilization....

Won't take long to figure out which critter is making them (their images and sounds are in most of those signals)....so that's likely who you'd want to talk to....

--------

So yes, if aliens made contact, it'd likely be with humans. As for whether it would be the US....that too is a very simple decision. Just wait around until night, see where all the lights are, and where those lights are concentrated around H2O... A real no-brainer... Somebody in the New York area is getting a visit... (unless of course, you just want to be incognito, and then you head for the dark places....(which is likely why so many abduction reports take place in rural areas maybe?)......

top topics

<< 1   >>

join