It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If Aliens made contact. . .

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 08:59 PM
link   
OK, random thought. and serious question.

if aliens came to Earth and made contact, why is it that we think they would talk to US of all the creatures on the Earth. when you think about it, would they not speak to the species that had a language that sounded most like theirs? so, they would probably talk to whales, or donkeys, or squirrels! and why are we to believe that because they're intelligent, they have to be humanoid? they could be some strange form that would seem like a biological impossibility on this planet, but they could have developed on a planet with e really dense atmosphere, or on a planet that was all liquid so they would have evolved in the seas, and be more fish-like.

So why would they just talk to us?

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 09:11 PM
link   
Well, we ARE the smartest creatures on the planet. I would assume that they would go for us over a whale or something. And what makes you think an ET would talk like a whale, donkey or squirrel? How do we even know if they "talk" in the first place? Based on all of the info out there about these guys (and the way "Gods" communicate, which I think are one in the same), they all communicate telepathically (prayer for the "Gods").
Of course they could look way different than we could ever imagine. That I agree with. But also going back to the info that is out there, the commonality is "Humanoid" (2 arms, 2 legs, head, etc).
At least *I* think it's a commonality... - Just what I've put together from everything I've read about this stuff.

But yeah, they could be blobs of energy for all we know.

But why talk to us? Because apparently we are in control (
) of this planet.
- For the most part!!!

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 09:18 PM
link   
reply to post by impaired

i'm just sayin', i mean why just talk to us, because to them, we probably just look like a bunch of incompetent fools running around.

Also, they could choose another animal over us because they seem to have a more intelligent language to them. Maybe the human languages most similar to their's are the ancient languages like Coptic, Inca, etc.

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 09:25 PM
link   
reply to post by LocoHombre

Personally, I highly doubt a civilization would fly the extremely vast distances between stars to be stifled by a language barrier. I am sure that would be a non-issue. Also, if we traveled say 300 light-years to another planet who do you think we would want to meet first? The animals or the advanced civilization on the planet? If exploration is the goal then I believe the obvious choice would be to speak with the advanced civilization(s) on said planet.

[edit on 11/30/2009 by jkrog08]

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 09:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by LocoHombre

i'm just sayin', i mean why just talk to us, because to them, we probably just look like a bunch of incompetent fools running around.

Also, they could choose another animal over us because they seem to have a more intelligent language to them. Maybe the human languages most similar to their's are the ancient languages like Coptic, Inca, etc.

We may be like chickens running around with our heads cut off, but like I said - we have the upper-hand over every other creature on this planet. That upper-hand is intellect and tech.

And I know we don't know much about animal language, but from what I understand, there isn't much to it. Yeah, perhaps the dolphins and the whales do have some kind of rudimentary language, but it all goes back to who's really in the control of this planet (again I say - for the most part on that one).

We are light-years beyond any other animal on this planet. Bottom line.

Now, if the government isn't covering up contact in the first place and if they are indeed within "earshot", then one thought I've always had was this:

They're probably scared to come in direct contact. We would probably blow them away. Or we would trample ourselves.

I don't know any more than the next man does. Just what I think, hehe.

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 09:30 PM
link   
Well assuming that Aliens are highly intelligent, I wouldnt be surprised if they were multi-lingual and telepathic!

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 09:34 PM
link   

if aliens came to Earth and made contact, why is it that we think they would talk to US of all the creatures on the Earth.

A lot of it is based on two assumptions...

1. An alien race would naturally want to talk to the species that had DVDs and MP3 technology.

2. That other Earth species didn't warn them of the DRM.

(j/k)

Seriously though... it is just assuming that WE are not only the prime species but worth the time of a visitor. It is, undoubtedly, arrogant right off the bat. Humanity doesn't have a lot to offer except nuclear bombs, several millennia of conflict and its greater numbers divided by a false value of material wealth and religion.

Personally, I can't find a lot of reasons why any ET race would have any interest in us at all except to hang a big 'CAUTION!' sign at the edge of the solar system.

S&F for a good subject. Thanks

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 09:36 PM
link   
Well they could use the women for breeding. And if anyone is to believe all of the alien abduction stories, they already HAVE!!

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Maybe we're a pet project set up here to see how we cope with intelligence, and they just come here to check up on us.

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 05:44 AM
link   
My guess is that if they thought of travelling through space in search of other intelligent races, and by some accident they would get to Earth, they would have to talk to people. I mean, I believe that animal think and even have some kind of abstract thinking, but race that can travel through space, didn't have much to talk about with them. And considering all, they are bound to notice that there are a lot of people here and we make a lot of fuss around ourselves.
But it would have been funny, if aliens had already tried to make a contact, landed in some forgotten forest and met a moose. And maybe the moose attacked them or something and now they are affraid to come back because they think that all Earthlings are insane

[edit on 1-12-2009 by xiuhtecuhtli]

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 06:33 AM
link   
Ah the good ol' Human Arrogance at its best here.

We ASSUME to be the most intelligent creature on Earth , and why is that? The argument is that we have learned to communicate, to make things like buildings, dvd's and cars.
But lets take a step back a second,

ANTS -Insects , communicate hive mind- they build colonies.
Dolphins -aquatic mammals, they communicate and are extremely intelligent, use sonar echo location and have social skills.
Birds - avian , communicate by song, build nests, blackbirds even solve problems.
Primates - land mammals - communicate vocally, build things, ( ok not cars , but beds to lie on occasionally) , and can use tools.
Squirrels -land mammals , communicate vocally, intelligent and show great problem solving skills.

5 DIFFERENT types of creatures , all with varying skills, ok we can do all the above, but look at us socially, we don't help each other, we argue , we kill over food and money. How often have you seen a nature documentary where a chimp kills another over a banana? None I'll wager.
Humans kill other Humans over a piece of paper.

Ok we maybe top of the food chain on the planet, until something else comes along, like a swimmer and a shark for example. ut in our arrogance we think we are the bees knees and that any alien would automatically come to us first.
Until we mature as race , and learn to appreciate what we are, what we have and what we can do we will never be more than an animal with new sets of sharp teeth and claws. Our greatest tool , our mind we waste in teh pursuit of grabbing items, we haven't learn to be spiritual at all in teh hundreds of thousands of years, we probably were more spiritual 5 - 10/20 thousand years ago than we ever are today. and that is Devolution not evolution in my book.
Until we learn to utilise ALL our skills for everythings benefit not just our own no sane Alien would want to come here.

[edit on 1/12/09 by DataWraith]

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 08:47 AM
link   
reply to post by DataWraith

Thank you, Data Wraith, for helping me explain myself.

it just shows that humans are arrogant, selfish, and the most violent of creatures on the planet. so no alien would want to contact us, probably just a more peaceful animal on this planet.

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 09:08 AM
link   

Your Welcome.

Your not the only person to feel disallusioned or even disappointed with being Human.

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by impaired
Well, we ARE the smartest creatures on the planet. I would assume that they would go for us over a whale or something. And what makes you think an ET would talk like a whale, donkey or squirrel? How do we even know if they "talk" in the first place? Based on all of the info out there about these guys (and the way "Gods" communicate, which I think are one in the same), they all communicate telepathically (prayer for the "Gods").
Of course they could look way different than we could ever imagine. That I agree with. But also going back to the info that is out there, the commonality is "Humanoid" (2 arms, 2 legs, head, etc).
At least *I* think it's a commonality... - Just what I've put together from everything I've read about this stuff.

But yeah, they could be blobs of energy for all we know.

But why talk to us? Because apparently we are in control (
) of this planet.
- For the most part!!!

Humans the smartest? Dont underestimate the dolphins my friend

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Oh God can you imagine if they came and made contact with squirrels?! That would be amazing.. it could lead to some world-wide takeover led by squirrels & aliens!
Although on a serious note, I could see why an alien would feel a little more optimistic towards making contact with some other moderately intelligent creature rather than humans.

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 05:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Bluebelle

That would be great, humans being subservient to squirrels.

i can imagine squirrels taking our houses and making us live in trees.

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 06:16 PM
link   
It might be that as far as the "aliens" were concerned, trying to communicate with us would be like us trying to have a discussion with a cell in a tree leaf about last weekend's football game.

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 06:33 PM
link   
reply to post by 2000 Yards

That is probably true, unlessthey have been observing us and watching what we call things, and in effect learning our language.

But why talk with the species that is the most violent in the solar system, and probably in the arm of the galaxy in which we reside?

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by LocoHombre
But why talk with the species that is the most violent in the solar system, and probably in the arm of the galaxy in which we reside?

Us, violent? Hardly. If we were so violent, we wouldn't be facing a huge overpopulation problem in a few decades. We would never cooperate enough to build and live in our cities.

You really have no idea. If we extend the "kill and eat" attitude of nature out into space, any alien that could survive long enough to figure out how to get from here to there probably won't be wimps. We will be lucky to survive such an encounter if it ever happens. More likely, we just won't be able to comprehend it.

Besides, if you happen to step on a bug while you're just walking around, it that really purposeful violence, or is it just happenstance?

[edit on 1-12-2009 by 2000 Yards]

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 06:53 PM
link   
Aliens only talk to positive good people;

I guess for telepathy to work you have to be on the same wavelength....

Check out my thread www.abovetopsecret.com...

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join