It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Suspect in Washington police murders could haunt Mike Huckabee

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 08:51 PM
link   
news.yahoo.com/

The murder of four police officers in Washington on Sunday cast a pall on the nation's Thanksgiving holiday weekend, and now there's a political controversy brewing over the the main suspect in the killings. Investigators have named former Arkansas prison inmate Maurice Clemmons their primary suspect. Clemmons was released nine years ago after being granted clemency by then-governor and former GOP presidential-candidate hopeful Mike Huckabee. Huckabee now faces questions about that decision, which could damage his standing as a prospective Republican presidential nominee.

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 08:52 PM
link   
Wow!
Can anyone say "International Banking Cartel"?

Take out the frontrunner in the GOP early.

Now this is the stuff Conspiracy is made of.

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Huckabee commuted Clemmons' 1989 conviction for aggravated burglary and theft of property in 2000, citing the fact that Clemmons was only 17 at the time of the crimes. Clemmons, however, violated his parole and was returned to prison in Arkansas, where he remained until 2004. Just six days ago, he was released from a Washington jail on bail after being arrested several months ago for second-degree rape of a child and assaulting a police officer.

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 09:00 PM
link   
It was more than a coincidence, that within a few hours after the shooting Huckabee announced that he probably wouldn't run 2012 despite positive Iowa polling.. He stated that he was looking into continuing his gig as a talk show host.

More than a coincidence. .

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by j2000

Just six days ago, he was released from a Washington jail on bail after being arrested several months ago for second-degree rape of a child and assaulting a police officer.

I think this requires another look though.

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by clay2 baraka
It was more than a coincidence, that within a few hours after the shooting Huckabee announced that he probably wouldn't run 2012 despite positive Iowa polling.. He stated that he was looking into continuing his gig as a talk show host.

More than a coincidence. .

That is a little too close for not having inside information.
How soon after did they know who they were looking for?

Seemed really fast to me.

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 09:07 PM
link   
reply to post by clay2 baraka

He was arrested later for parole violation and taken back to prison to serve his full term, but prosecutors dropped the charges that would have held him.

No explanation of why they dropped it...?
He would have served full term at that point and they dropped the ball.

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 09:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by j2000
Wow!
Can anyone say "International Banking Cartel"?

Take out the frontrunner in the GOP early.

Now this is the stuff Conspiracy is made of.

There it is! I knew there was something about that shooting. Seems like there always is. You just have to find it. The connection between horrible, irrational acts and TPTB.
Can't anyone see it, even though it happens again and again? Who's behind it this time? My guess is Cheney, but it's probably too simple to be true:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 10:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Dogdish

Now that is good!

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 11:20 PM
link   
www.cnn.com...

Seattle, Washington (CNN) -- Nearly 10 years ago, Maurice Clemmons pledged to make a fresh start.

"I come from a very good Christian family and I was raised much better than my actions speak," Clemmons said in a clemency application brief to then-Arkansas Gov. Mike Huckabee in 2000. "I'm still ashamed to this day for the shame my stupid involvement in these crimes brought upon my family's name."

Clemmons was 27. He'd spent the past 11 years in an Arkansas prison, convicted of offenses including robbery, burglary, theft and taking a gun to school. He was facing a 95-year sentence.

So did Mike Huckabee let a fellow christian go because he felt God had forgiven Clemmons due to him repenting his sins?

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 11:21 PM
link   
www.mikehuckabee.com...

""The senseless and savage execution of police officers in Washington State has saddened the nation, and early reports indicate that a person of interest is a repeat offender who once lived in Arkansas and was wanted on outstanding warrants here and Washington State. The murder of any individual is profound tragedy, but the murder of a police officer is the worst of all murders in that it is an assault on every citizen and the laws we live within.

Should he be found to be responsible for this horrible tragedy, it will be the result of a series of failures in the criminal justice system in both Arkansas and Washington State. He was recommended for and received a commutation of his original sentence from 1990, making him parole eligible and was paroled by the parole board once they determined he met the conditions at that time. He was arrested later for parole violation and taken back to prison to serve his full term, but prosecutors dropped the charges that would have held him. It appears that he has continued to have a string of criminal and psychotic behavior but was not kept incarcerated by either state. This is a horrible and tragic event and if found and convicted the offender should be held accountable to the fullest extent of the law. Our thoughts and prayers are and should be with the families of those honorable, brave, and heroic police officers."

I guess he forgot he was the one who let the guy go on a 95 year sentence. And the following day he says this.

www.mikehuckabee.com...

Those faces I saw when I looked across a table to sign a book gave me confidence that we're a nation that might be traveling uphill, but still a nation that knows how to climb uphill. I met people who believe that God still hears the prayers of His people when they repent, pray and seek Him. You might not know their names because they aren't famous to you, but God knows them and hears them. And I'm thankful for them. And believe in them. And because of them, I still believe in America and its future.

So was he blinded by a crimnal who found God supposedly after he got sentenced for 95 years and then released him because he felt the guy repented his sins?

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 10:19 AM
link   
This story pretty much explains the why:

www.msnbc.msn.com...

A couple of things here:

(I'm guessing) Almost half the country wants the law to be more compassionate toward convicted offenders, the other half wants them punished more harshly. There doesn't seem to be much middle ground. So what's the answer? If you do show compassion and reduce a man's sentence, especially after he writes an impassioned letter asking for mercy like Clemmons did, half the country will criticize you for being too soft. In this case, it was the wrong decision and people died as a result.

So what's the solution? Do we continue to parole criminals and just hope they play well with others? By doing this, you endanger the lives of innocent people.

Or do we continue to build prisons and lock up people for life as their sentences demand? While this option creates jobs for managing the prisons, maintaining a prison population is terribly expensive, especially to keep someone incarcerated for the rest of their lives (especially with all of the perks prisoners get these days).

Both of those options seem greatly irresponsible. What's the solution?

[edit on 1-12-2009 by sos37]

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 10:21 AM
link   
The other thing on my "couple of things here"...

Mike Huckabee shares the blame for these deaths and that child rape along with Pulaski County Circuit Judge Marion Humphrey and the "state judge" whom they don't mention by name in the story.

In my opinion they should all step down immediately. Huckabee has proven, with this decision, that he is incompetent to play a role in politics.

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 10:28 AM
link   
www.msnbc.msn.com...

Huckabee said on Fox News Channel's "The O'Reilly Factor" Monday night that Clemmons was allowed back on the street because prosecutors failed to file paperwork in time.

Pulaski County Prosecutor Larry Jegley, whose office opposed Clemmons' parole in 2000 and 2004, said Huckabee's comments were "red herrings."

"My word to Mr. Huckabee is man up and own what you did," Jegley said.

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 07:04 PM
link   
reply to post by j2000

No stars then?
Anyways, even if I'm right, the shooter has been silenced. Familiar story.

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 07:41 PM
link   
And the guy is still a suspect. He wasn't convicted of killing four cops. The first story was the guy moved so he was shot. Later in the day they say he had one of the cops guns. On no previous day did they say this suspect may have or did have one of the cops guns from the crime scene.

I say there is much more to this. I would bet the cops ate their own or like the OP indicated here there are more evil forces at work here.

In either case the Suspect was executed without trial just like the four cops. Everyone loses unless these four cops were so corrupt that they needed to be whacked. Or these four cops were good cops getting to close to the bad cops. That department did have some major issues with police brutality. I suspect they are guilty of much, much worse....

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by sos37

(I'm guessing) Almost half the country wants the law to be more compassionate toward convicted offenders, the other half wants them punished more harshly. There doesn't seem to be much middle ground. So what's the answer? If you do show compassion and reduce a man's sentence, especially after he writes an impassioned letter asking for mercy like Clemmons did, half the country will criticize you for being too soft. In this case, it was the wrong decision and people died as a result.

So what's the solution? Do we continue to parole criminals and just hope they play well with others? By doing this, you endanger the lives of innocent people.

Let convicted violent offenders rot. Last I read something like 20% of the federal prision population is there for non-violent drug offenses. Parole/pardon some of them to make room for cop killers.

top topics

join