It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Saddam Hussein Challenges Bush to Debate

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2003 @ 04:49 PM
link   
(CBS) In an exclusive interview with CBS News Anchor Dan Rather, Saddam Hussein denied Iraq's al-Samoud missiles were in violation of United Nations mandates, and indicated that he will resist U.N. demands that they be destroyed. Saddam also challenged President Bush to a debate.

The Iraqi president flatly denied that the missiles exceed the range limit established by the U.N. He also indicated he does not intend to destroy them, as demanded by chief U.N. weapons inspector Hans Blix.

On the topic of the debate, Saddam proposed a live, international television and radio encoutner about the looming war, Saddam envisions the debate as being along the lines of U.S. presidential campaign debates.

Fleischer said, "This is not about a debate. This is about disarmament and complying with the worlds instructions that Iraq disarm."

Rather was to report on the comments on the Monday evening newscast, and CBS planned to broadcast the interview in its entirety Wednesday.

www.cbsnews.com...

posted on Feb, 24 2003 @ 06:21 PM
link   
This is yet another ploy of Saddam to stall & continue his program of hatred against the West. Stalling and having American human shields serves Saddam's agenda to a tee!

Saddam Hussein is not an innocent ruler being abused and bullied by America for their greed for his oil.

Time will tell all - hopefully the Earth's atmosphere won't be contaminated by Ebola, VX, Smallpox and Anthrax; Mr. Hussein won�t be able to, as a result of his hatred and desperation to remain a dictator & won�t be able to abuse and murder innocent people - but he's accomplished his agenda of hatred and murder against others.

I respect everyone's opinions and beliefs, but have difficulty understanding why this continued belief that Saddam is an innocent lamb being abused by the big, bad, bully America comes from.

Please assist my education and help me see reality as you do.

Give me links to proof that Saddam is completely innocent and simply the target of greedy American aggression.

Offer me a personal history of what Saddam has done to benefit mankind, and how he has not committed acts of terrorism against his own people.

And please overlook that he erects statues and paintings of himself all over Iraq each year. I know about his hospitals etc., but also know how clever he is at manipulating the media. His becoming a Muslim didn�t happen until he was devastated by GWI. He only wanted to rally the Arab Nations around him for insulation and support. Hey, it�s not me, it�s all of us � we�d better unite and fight the American threat together! Iraq would not be suffering now if Mr. Hussein chose to agree / comply with UN sanctions against his programs of proliferation of WMD.

I honestly believe that he�s a serious threat to world peace and security.

I honestly believe Saddam is a threat and his recent refusal to disarm his Al Summad missiles demonstrates that.

Please wake up & smell the coffee � if I had a million dollars, I�d be willing to bet it that he�s guilty.

Disagree, disrespect or even hate me � it�s OK, because I�m firm in my own beliefs. Again, time will definitely tell who�s right or wrong.

Just my 2-cents worth,
Deep

posted on Feb, 24 2003 @ 07:36 PM
link   
"Fleischer said, "This is not about a debate. This is about disarmament and complying with the worlds instructions that Iraq disarm." "

So much for Bush being a 'man of peace'. A debate is a rational method to address disarmament, cut out the middlemen&women. Of course, Bush is a stupid man, so he would naturally have Fleischer cover for him. Bush could never match wits with Saddam, he knows it.

posted on Feb, 24 2003 @ 07:55 PM
link   
MKUltra is Saddam Hussein is so intelligent then why during the beginning of hostilities during GW1, was he holding a child on national television on his lap?

If Saddam Hussein is so intelligent then why did the majority of his forces surrender during GW1?

If Saddam is so intelligent then why did he need to commit genocide against people living in his own country?

If Saddam is so intelligent then why did he not agree to start destroying those missiles and at least give himself more time?

posted on Feb, 24 2003 @ 09:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by MKULTRA

"Fleischer said, "This is not about a debate. This is about disarmament and complying with the worlds instructions that Iraq disarm." "

So much for Bush being a 'man of peace'. A debate is a rational method to address disarmament, cut out the middlemen&women. Of course, Bush is a stupid man, so he would naturally have Fleischer cover for him. Bush could never match wits with Saddam, he knows it.

What a stupid comment. Just the mere thought of debating with Saddam Hussein is ridiculous. Pull your head out of the sand and think a little before you post.

new topics

top topics

join