It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If you were the drugs czar..

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 08:29 PM
link   
Imagine if you were drugs czar and you had to advise the government on which drugs should carry the heaviest penalty for possession.

Assemble this list with the substance carrying the heaviest penalty at the top and the lightest penalty at the bottom.

2CB
Alcohol
Amphetamine
Cannabis
Cocaine
Crack coc aine
Crystal meth
'___'
GHB
Heroin
Ketamine
khat
'___'
MDMA
Mescaline
Opium
Psilocybin
Salvia
Steroids

[edit on 30-11-2009 by VitalOverdose]

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 08:48 PM
link   
This is not in order of penalty, but in order of potential harms. For example, methadone users experience the greatest percentage of deaths per 10,000 users of all entries in the list. Asterisks indicate additions that I felt should be added. I do not possess the knowledge to classify 'khat' on the list, however.

*Methadone
Heroin
Crystal Meth
Crack Cocaine
Cocaine
GHB
*Benzodiazepines
Opiates
Alcohol
*SSRIs
2CB
MDMA
Mescaline
Steroids
Amphetamine
*DXM
'___'
Psilocybin
*Aspirin
Acetaminophen/Paracetamol (Tylenol)
Cannabis

[edit on 11/30/09 by stalphos]

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 09:52 AM
link   
reply to post by stalphos

I didnt include the drugs you added to avoid getting into a discussion over legality. I included alcohol because it is illegal in the middle east.

Heres some info on the African drug Khat

[edit on 1-12-2009 by VitalOverdose]

posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Cannabis
'___'
Psilocybin
MDMA
'___'
Ketamine
Salvia
2CB
Mescaline
Opium
Alcohol
Khat
Cocaine
Amphetamine
GHB
Steroids
Crack coc aine
Crystal meth
Heroin

mine starts at the top as the ones that should deserve less penalty because they dont cause as much harm, with the harder drugs i see worse at the bottom.

although hallucinogens can make people with underlying mental issues go crazy, and can sometimes disrupt some peoples lives, they cause nowhere near the problems coke crack meth heroin alcohol or oxycodone cause.

most of the problems with mdma use is because a lot of people use it in pills of ecstasy which contain adulterants, piperazines amphetamines etc. which are less safe than pure mdma.

[edit on 5-12-2009 by whateverponcho]

[edit on 5-12-2009 by whateverponcho]

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 01:10 PM
link   
reply to post by whateverponcho

Khat is defiantly not more worse then alcohol. Its a mild stimulant used in the middle east a lot.

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 06:07 PM
link   
Heh. Interesting premise. A bit unrealistic though, because the Drug Czar doesn't make the decision. The decision is relayed through him.

So - staying realistic with your expectations:

Cannabis
Psilocybin
Mescaline
Lysergic Acid
MDMA
Atropine
Scyolopamine (neither of these are technically illegal, but I'm assuming that we're allowed to put 'plants which contain chemicals' such as these - or poppies for that matter)
DXM
GHB
Any non-pharmaceutical MAOI or SSRI
Crack/Cocaine
Pharmaceutical Opiates
Heroin

I figure - Why waste time? Might as well get straight to what the gov't wants. Lots of people buying things they can't grow staying unscathed. And those who wants a natural high - getting ****ed in their rear end.

[edit on 25-12-2009 by LususNaturae]

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 06:32 PM
link   
I have Libertarian view of these things. So, while I agree that some of those listed substances are dangerous abused, I don't believe that the government should be in the business of drug enforcement as it is currently conceived.

1.0 Personal Liberty

Individuals should be free to make choices for themselves and to accept responsibility for the consequences of the choices they make. No individual, group, or government may initiate force against any other individual, group, or government. Our support of an individual's right to make choices in life does not mean that we necessarily approve or disapprove of those choices.

Link: www.lp.org...

new topics

top topics

join