It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Incredibly tired... the feeling of being drained

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 04:21 PM
link   
Has anyone else felt completely derived of energy lately? You feel that your energy is being used, yet for what purpose you are unsure.

All my body wants to do is sleep. Energy drinks no longer help, when i do sleep, my schedule is weird and i cannot seem to achieve deep sleep.

I would get help if i could, but lack of insurance prevents me from doing so. Has anyone else been experiencing this.. namely for the past few weeks or so?

I feel like my energy is being taken from me by someone or something.

The odd thing is that i am bored, i should have plenty of energy. There is no reason i can see for not having any energy.

[edit on 30-11-2009 by DriftNinja]

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 04:24 PM
link   
reply to post by DriftNinja

Energy drinks only work for a short while before you crash. What's your diet like? Have you taken on any extra work?

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Just my thought on the subject. I felt the same way a while back.Same weird feelings couldn't sleep,lethargic etc.

I realized I wasn't "regular". Ate some prunes,had one heck of a "BM" and I am as good as new!

It could be you are having the same issues.

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 04:46 PM
link   
All you do is feel like sleeping? Right now I wish I had that problem!! haha

Started working over nights a few weeks ago and I have been sleeping about 4-5 hours a day and some days even less. I just can't seem to sleep. I will even lay down in bed for 2 hours and no luck.

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 04:58 PM
link   
I have always had the same problem you are describing. I've had doctors claim everything from it's normal to stating that I must be clinically depressed. I finally had a doctor that took it seriously and ran me through a gamut of tests. When he called me back into the office to go over the test results he started off telling me that I wasn't imagining things and there was a perfectly understandable medical reason for what I was experiencing. Turns out my blood and stool tests showed that I had no parasitic infections but my body was producing the Anti-bodies for over 500 parasitic infections, as well as the Anti-bodies for Rabies and Tetanus. Turns out, I had Hyperthyroidism that was running my body on overtime. It was responsible for my Sleep Disorders, my increased Body Temperature, chronic sinus infections, irregular Arrhythmia that never showed up whenever I was hooked up to a scanner, light sensitivity, constant diarrhea, my out of control over-Immune System, as well as my weakness and fatigue. The medical remedy for it was simple too...orally ingested radioiodine-131.

Chronic Fatigue is a common signifier of many disorders other than Hyperthyroidism. However, without any other signifier to go on, your doctor is most likely to dismiss it as all in your head, or from stress or depression.

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Where do you live?

Winter is starting up, getting darker earlier, I'm sure that's what it is.

That's why we place our holidays now, to keep us up and cheerful.

We all get depressed and drained around this time.

[edit on 30-11-2009 by Zsaqulz78th]

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 05:09 PM
link   
reply to post by doped00

hehe, welcome to night-shift. I've been doing it for going on 3years now. 4-5hours is about my average, and 6hrs is a once in a blue moon luxury. I'm continually burnt-out but my body won't let me sleep. You get used to it after a while

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Sometimes I think its just a cycle. I go through some weird stuff sometimes that seems unrelated to diet or exercise to rule out the obvious. As for illness, depends. Sometimes its like something keeps pulling me out of sleep.

Anyways, if you experience sleep paralysis and are looking for a paranormal explanation, sometimes resisting the process of an astral projection can wear you out like that. And of course there is the possibility of being drained or manipulated externally. I've had one day where from the moment I woke up I just wanted to die. I didn't realize it at the time but in terms of meditation, all of my chakras were completely blocked and closed.

You could also be iron deficient. I was always tired until I realized I was anemic. I eat lots of iron enriched foods and get lots of Vit C, which helps with iron absorbtion. That really really helped my energy levels.

I'd suggest getting iron in ya, with some Vit C and all the rest you can. You could be ill.

There was this one week a couple years ago where I didn't feel sick but I just had NOOO energy. I'd lay down and feel fine, but it was a struggle to move. Keep in mind, there was a flu or something going around, and the day before that I was wandering around in a sewer drain pipe! But yeah.. it lasted a week, but it was like you describe.

I'm no doctor but hell, i'm an alternative healer in training, just get some rest dude! Rot away and watch tv, or meditate or something if you know how, it really helps to maintain your health, you can even learn to heal yourself.

Check out Dr. Bruce Lipton's biology of perception vid on youtube. He talks about how stress and fear have a decaying effect on your body, allowing illness to do its thing, and alternatively just commanding yourself to get better, and feeling healthy mentally speeds up the recovery process. It works man. Last time I had a nasty cold it only lasted 2 days compared to the usual week.

Anyways, someone here said you could have mono or something.

Get well dude.

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zsaqulz78th

Where do you live?

Winter is starting up, getting darker earlier, I'm sure that's what it is.

That's why we place our holidays now, to keep us up and cheerful.

We all get depressed and drained around this time.

[edit on 30-11-2009 by Zsaqulz78th]

I was going to say the same.

A good vitamin d supplement should make up for the lack of sunlight if that's the problem. Take it in the morning.

Also try a melatonin supplement an hour before bed for a week.

Try to get up at the same time every day and if the sun isn't out then get a bright light or two for the bathroom like a sun lamp or 150 watt bulb to use for ten minutes or so. This will help to re-set the body clock and get you back up to snuff.

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 05:51 PM
link   
I have also been experiencing this, and it is very unpleasant.

For the past 3-4 weeks, I havent even felt like leaving my bedroom..

normally I am outside all the time, either hiking or running ..
or during nights,
I am usually out with the telescope or up at the observatory.

This feeling is not normal,
and to make matters worse....

I talked to my Mother the other day, and She said the exact same thing..
her words were
" What is wrong with me lately, I dont feel like myself and i have no energy to do anything, I dont like this at all"

Here friend also said the same kind of thing.

So Im beginning to think maybe it is more than just a personal thing.

I dont know what it is, or why,....
but I definitely dont feel like myself.
Others have even noticed it, and ask me what is wrong.

Sadly, i just do not know.
But i do know that it is not normal for me.

Thanks for making this thread though.
Hopefully we can be back to ourselves soon.

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 06:08 PM
link   
I've had this problem for 10 years now. I just get up from 10 hour sleeps and I just feel drained throughout the latter half of the day. Hell, I get 6 and I can't even function properly.

I would see a doctor, but when I stated this info 10 years ago, the only answer they had was "exercise more". Needless to say, as a 10 year old I got plenty of exercise.

Now I'm 20 and I've just suffered with lethargicness for years. I don't exercise at all, but I feel that it wouldn't help anyway. It's something beyond just that. Hell, I can just go out somewhere and then come home feeling really exhausted and I didn't do anything.

It was much worse when I was working because seeing as the job sucked, all I did was constantly feel tired. This after around 10 hours of sleep everyday.

I don't get it.

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Has anyone else felt completely derived of energy lately? You feel that your energy is being used, yet for what purpose you are unsure

I have felt this way for months. Headache my eyes hurt .

Course I been on the web since New Years.

I have heard alot about blueberrys lately in respect to just feeling better over all. That's all I can come up with on this.

At least they're tasty.

[edit on 30-11-2009 by randyvs]

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 06:24 PM
link   

The past 2 weeks or so- had been super low-energy level for me as well.

I'm very healthy & fit , and I'm always on the move!. But the past weeks found me with no or little energy- all I wanted to do is lie in the couch -eek- it was like my blood presure was super low, when actually it was fine!. - I just felt useless . lol

I had a medical check, as I am a vegetarian and could be some lacking of b12- but no, everything was fine.

And nowadays everything is back to normal !! I've got dozens of energy- like always

Good luck buddy and have yourself a regular health check.

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 06:25 PM
link   

I am plagued by the Hum and some other force that I cannot explain; sometimes my body, especially limbs, will vibrate a bit - but only the parts in contact with my bed. It's very odd and a mystery to me. It causes me to lose sleep or not sleep as well as I would have normally. My prescription pills are not as effective. The Hum goes away or reduces greatly when I leave the house. I saw a doctor, and he said he can't explain it. My left ear tested more sensitive though, and I heard it more in that ear than the right.

So, yea, you're not alone.

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 06:33 PM
link   
Hi DriftNinja

I had the same problem last October and November - I was sleeping 12-13 hours a day and still felt dead--I ended up taking another 2 hour nap in the middle of the day

And now begining around the 10th of November this year, same thing, as tired as a dishrag during the day (a little more energy at night) but this time, like you, I cannot achieve anything like deep sleep.

It could be that the planet is going through some field of energy (or maybe the whole solar system, since all the planets are up in heat by about 1 - 2 degrees even little old Pluto) which is throwing persons like us for a loop..I've also noticed that I am super-sensitive to any light in the room, even light from a digital alarm clock - keeps me from going 'deep' which would be a welcome relief from this---it's doing a rotten number on my nerves, and I am urinating more at night as well, which keeps me waking up every 2 hours, ugh !

Or it could be environmental or maybe some toxic foods are causing this but it is interesting that it is roughly the same time of year both times for me (e.g. an allergic reaction to 'genetically modified' foods &tc.)

I'll keep an eye on this thread to see if ANYONE on this subject can help us re-gain our energy and get some of our normal 'joie de vivre' back !!

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ahmose

So Im beginning to think maybe it is more than just a personal thing.

A couple possibilities:
1. It's a start of a consciousness shift in 2012.
2. People are more tired than ever because of the state of the world right now
3. Government is draining energy of people
4. Nothing major at all, major coincidence.

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 07:05 PM
link   
For 4 days all i want to do is sleep and feel very down.
I thought i'd go next door to get out of the dulldrums and my neighbor was sleeping and she told me she just wanted to sleep....

New "strain" of something out there??? They're a;ways sprinkling fairy dust around here...

I'm not one to get depressed for the holidays.

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 07:11 PM
link   
my work is understaffed, and it's quite busy.

sometimes it feels like doing the work of 3 persons.

so it might not have the same cause but I know how you feel.

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 07:16 PM
link   
en.wikipedia.org...

Take a look at that.

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 07:55 PM
link   
Its the same with me. From some time (a few months) I have been feeling very tired/disconnected from everything. I work full time and have off only on weekends - and I sleep the entire weekend. Its insane. My family looks at me like I'm crazy and ask me - "how can you sleep for entire 2 days without going outside?" I don't know how to answer them. Its strange.

Stranger part is now I'm discovering all the reality around myself and I know more about myself and the world around me than I ever did.

Somebody truly said -
"..Close your eyes, it's so clear..."

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join