It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Exclusive: Russia to start Iran nuclear plant in 2010

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Exclusive: Russia to start Iran nuclear plant in 2010

www.reuters.com

Russia plans to start up Iran's first nuclear power station in March 2010 to coincide with the Iranian New Year, two sources closely involved with the project told Reuters.

Russia agreed in 1995 to build the 1,000 megawatt nuclear power plant at Bushehr on the Gulf coast in south-western Iran, but delays have haunted the $1 billion project and diplomats say Moscow has used it as a lever in relations with Tehran.

Iran will have to return all spent fuel rods to Russia.
This project was disr
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 03:34 PM
link   

This is an interesting turn of events.
I did not anticipate this event.

Russia is playing quite a role here, they are literally in the middle of Iran and Western powers to try and alleviate, but I don't think that Iran would completely agree with that idea.

And what about China?

Growing energy ties bind China, the world's No. 2 crude oil consumer, and Iran, which has the world's second-largest crude oil reserves but desperately needs investment to develop them.

Tehran has turned to Asian firms for energy investment as Western firms succumb to political pressure. Iranian oil made up nearly 12 percent of China's crude imports last year.

in.reuters.com...

Interesting!

I'm mentioning China and Russia because both are UN Security council permanent members

www.reuters.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 07:34 PM
link   
Whoa 10 nuclear plants, what's going on here? Are they sure those 10 nuclear plants are used for peaceful purposes? Hmmm doesn't hurt to build a little extra when Iran knows that the enemies of the west will destroy a few Nuclear plants. That's where those Russian S-300's come in.

[edit on 30-11-2009 by Shrukin89]

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 08:49 PM
link   
Really how could you not see this coming everyone knows that Russia is a good friend of Irans it was only a matter of time before something like this became public

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 09:01 PM
link   
reply to post by KeeperOfGenisis

I think you are misinterpreting Russia's involvement

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 09:09 PM
link   
Good Deal. I hope all goes well. Nice to see them progressing along with alternative means of power generation and participating in cleaning up the pollution. Pretty strange though that Russia has to roll in and actually finish what we proposed and started with Iran decades ago. Why we insisted and assisted them in going nuclear, and then abandoning them and then vilifying them is very odd. Thats what you get though when you use the cia and covert madness to topple and turn a once peaceful ally into the newest needed villian.
Everyones worried about Iran when the eyes should be on the only real trouble making theocratic militaristic nuclear armed government already there. So recently, China forgives Iraq 80% of its debt, and Russia stands puff chested beside Iran completing its nuclear production.
(scratches head) Seems the only thing missing on this plate is Turkey.

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 09:38 PM
link   
Two nations enter into an agreement 1000s of miles from US soil that will have exactly zero affect on the average Americans daily life.

The rest is political static, fear fear fear hate hate hate propaganda made of supposition, rumor, innuendo and horse manure... which is why over 115 nations back irans nuclear program.

I hope russia builds iran a dozen kick ass nuclear plants complete with the best missile defense and tosses in an old soviet 10 kiloton nuke as a "thanks"..

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 10:25 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

Iran does not learn from history too well. The last person that tried to intimidate the US into thinking they had weapons of mass destruction when they had none was Saddam Hussein of Iraq. And now Iran is trying to scare the US into thinking the same thing.

I bet they probably pulled the number 10 right out of their butts. Might as well have said 666.

Luckily, Afghanistan and Iraq served as a training ground for our soldiers in mountainous and desert terrain so this news article will be a boost in moral for the soldiers who lost their lives for GOD (guns, oil, drugs).

In other words, everything is still on schedule.

[edit on 11/30/2009 by nightmarehalo]

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 10:27 PM
link   
double post

[edit on 11/30/2009 by nightmarehalo]

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 01:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by HappilyEverAfter
Good Deal. I hope all goes well. Nice to see them progressing along with alternative means of power generation and participating in cleaning up the pollution. Pretty strange though that Russia has to roll in and actually finish what we proposed and started with Iran decades ago. Why we insisted and assisted them in going nuclear, and then abandoning them and then vilifying them is very odd. Thats what you get though when you use the cia and covert madness to topple and turn a once peaceful ally into the newest needed villian.
Everyones worried about Iran when the eyes should be on the only real trouble making theocratic militaristic nuclear armed government already there. So recently, China forgives Iraq 80% of its debt, and Russia stands puff chested beside Iran completing its nuclear production.
(scratches head) Seems the only thing missing on this plate is Turkey.

Just like Cuba all over again you wont see Russias full involment until theystart selling arms to Iran and look out i see they are doing that already Russia are into this up to their necks and lovi it because it pisses the Grand old USA off nothing more

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 07:11 AM
link   

I wouldnt draw the Cuba assessment so quickly, there were different factors at play in that fiasco. I will say its all part of the same old game though and its obvious that both camps are very aware, if not in agreement, on the moves being made by eachother. My reference to Turkey www.mytravelguide.com...
is due to the natural land mass and formation of the east / west bridge.
This country has to be in play now, doing some digging would no doubt yield a good bit of whats in the works. The interesting part to me, is that now with a third player of significance on board (china), russia and the united states are probably going to stir up so much trouble that once an opportunity is seen to break this cycle of exploitation by the entire arab community, there will be enough of a gathering amongst them to unify with enough cause using china as the fulcrum and the shield.
Once again, it will be an ochestrated blood bath instead of an organized combining peace. This is about to, imho, get very messy.

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 07:47 AM
link   
1,000 megawatt Nuclear Power Plant for one billion dollars?

Wish we could build them that cheap.

It's going to be difficult to develop nukes from a commercial civilian nuclear power plant, particularly when the spent fuel rods are returned to Russia. Where is the fuel sourced?

[edit on 1/12/2009 by C0bzz]

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 08:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by HappilyEverAfter

I wouldnt draw the Cuba assessment so quickly, there were different factors at play in that fiasco. I will say its all part of the same old game though and its obvious that both camps are very aware, if not in agreement, on the moves being made by eachother. My reference to Turkey www.mytravelguide.com...
is due to the natural land mass and formation of the east / west bridge.
This country has to be in play now, doing some digging would no doubt yield a good bit of whats in the works. The interesting part to me, is that now with a third player of significance on board (china), russia and the united states are probably going to stir up so much trouble that once an opportunity is seen to break this cycle of exploitation by the entire arab community, there will be enough of a gathering amongst them to unify with enough cause using china as the fulcrum and the shield.
Once again, it will be an ochestrated blood bath instead of an organized combining peace. This is about to, imho, get very messy.

Very well said mate and to be honest i think you maybe onto something

new topics

top topics

join