It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

S.O.P.H.I.E

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 08:23 AM
link   
reply to post by CoffinFeeder

Apologies for my bluntness, but maybe you deserve to leave this site for a while until you are able to deny ignorance and not make yourself look like a fool? Either way, you've been reported.

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 09:07 AM
link   
When I was younger i had a predication for Gothic Fashion and I still do some extent. Black Vinyl, latex, velvet, glow in the dark fur legwarmers...oh my. I have many friends who are ardents of the gothic lifestyle. I love the music, the look, the whole thing. I go to a local gothic club night on Sundays occasionally. The sad thing is even when it comes to a paying club you will still find people who just want to crash down the doors to laugh at people and assault them. I read about this story when it first happened. Going after a human being because they dress different than you? What foolishness. I will spread this link around amongst my friends

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 09:08 AM
link   
Wow, such hate here.
Is it just that the net lets us spout stuff or are people getting more hateful and cruel?

I suspect you are right, welfare plays a part, at least when it becomes a hand out instead of a hand up. We need better ways to help people out of the mess instead of just trying to pay them off to shut up.

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 09:34 AM
link   
Sadly, nothing is ever going to change. There will always be something different, thus there will always be intolerance. As soon as you get the world to recognize 'goth' as normal, you'll have something new to hate. People hating people, that's all you have here really. Which ultimately is people hating themselves.

Think ima go cry for this poor girl now and offer my love.

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chett
Wow, such hate here.
Is it just that the net lets us spout stuff or are people getting more hateful and cruel?

I suspect you are right, welfare plays a part, at least when it becomes a hand out instead of a hand up. We need better ways to help people out of the mess instead of just trying to pay them off to shut up.

I think it’s the false perception of anonymity that encourages idiotic comments like the one made by CoffinFeeder. (I wonder if he would feel the same if it was his mother, daughter, sister, or niece who had been kicked to death)

Who knows why people do terrible things like this, but I have to think it’s a direct result of societies increasing intolerance for those who are different and the increasing levels of virtual violence our children are bombarded with on a daily basis. We have become desensitized to many forms of violence through various media; television, video games, internet, etc…

I’m hoping some good may result from this tragedy.

~Peace

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 10:31 AM
link   
unbelievable. Sometimes it is hard to like humans. Thanks for sharing this. I am happy to know about it and to support it.

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 12:07 PM
link   
reply to post by superdebz

We are a hateful and disagreeable species where ever love is not deliberately cultivated. The next step in evolution is to develop and evolve our consciousness. We are nothing but recycled souls. Containers for "hearts" with a memory - some large some small. The great soul that is "Sophie" will be back to show us how to appreciate another day.

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by factbeforefiction
It is a reflection of our own intolerance. What if it were a bunch of atheists dumping on a Christian. Would any of you care?

If i saw a load of atheists bashing a Christian around the floor and stamping on them then i'd be diving in there to try and help. Well ok if there are 5 of them sadly no ones got much chance of helping out so maybe i'd just call the police. Either way your point seems rather badly thought out.

Originally posted by CoffinFeeder
well, they probably mistook her for an emo. Emo deserve a right good repeated kicking.

Why? Just because they're different to you? I always try not to feed the trolls but you must be a very young kid to have that kind of attitude. I hope no one you care about ever gets beaten just because they look at someone the wrong way or wear something someone hates. This young woman had people that care about her, she seems to have been a much loved person and it's a great shame what happened to her. To have that cheapened by people like yourself is utterly wrong. You are a disgrace.

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 02:57 PM
link   
If you look at the "people" who did this, deep down I think you'll find that they're scared. Fear makes people do atrocious things... Fear that which is different/strange/"other"... Fear made them do this...anger made them do this...mostly anger at their own fear.

Why were they scared? Ignorance, mainly... If they understood there is no ignorance...no ignorance, no fear...no fear, no anger...no anger, no attack, and most importantly, no one dies.

A somewhat simplistic view perhaps, but close to mark, I think...

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 03:09 PM
link   

well, they probably mistook her for an emo. Emo deserve a right good repeated kicking.

What an immature and - frankly - crassly stupid statement that is to make on a thread about a girl who was beaten to death.

The people who carried out this act were nothing short of animals. People who condone it, or similar attacks on others, are of the same ilk.

No one "deserves" a good kicking.

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 04:11 PM
link   
reply to post by seagull

I think it's just insecurity, they don't have the confidence to be themselves like this young woman did and so as you say they get fearful and angry and lash out. It's really very pathetic.

Originally posted by neformore

No one "deserves" a good kicking.

Well no one deserves a kicking for wearing black makeup, being a certain race or holding a certain religious view. To say that no one in the world deserves a good kicking is a little simplistic. There are a few dictators in the world that i'd love to give a good kicking to, oh and Mel Gibson.

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 02:05 AM
link   

Look mate im not taking offence from that comment but i can see why some people will get upset over that snied remark.
Nobody from whatever background deserves what this poor girl went through

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 05:35 AM
link   
Wow, this is really sad to read about. Such a horrible thing to happen to such a wonderful person. Man, it just really, really sucks that this kind of thing happens, but unfortunately, not surprising.

What I want more than anything, is just for everyone to learn to get along and for everyone to accept each other the way they are. Sadly I know it'll never happen.

I really like goth music (I like any type of music really). I also like the different aspects of goth fashion, lifestyle, outlook and perspective. I feel I have a lot in common with the lifestyle, but I wouldn't exactly call myself goth. I don't like labeling myself cos there are so many other different aspects to who I am and I just don't like labeling. But yeah, anyway..

Originally posted by ImaginaryReality1984
I think it's just insecurity, they don't have the confidence to be themselves like this young woman did and so as you say they get fearful and angry and lash out. It's really very pathetic.

ImaginaryReality1984, I think you hit the nail on the head. Deep down, everyone just wants to be accepted for who they are and know that they are loved no matter what they do. The people who did this, must be so insecure inside..

Obviously they don't have any respect for themselves, or love themselves in anyway, otherwise they likely wouldn't have done this.
I think maybe if more people learned to love and give more respect to themselves, then maybe this kind of thing won't happen - eventually anyway (might take awhile though!).
For people to love themselves, they need to accept who they are. No one should be afraid to be who they truly are. If their true self turns out to lean more towards the bad, well better of knowing and trying to help, than having that person suppressing it and then lashing out without warning. People can get really angry when others can't accept them for who they are. It can breed anger and resentment if the person doesn't have the self-love/acceptance and confidence to get through.

I dunno, that's just my 2 cents though.....

S+F btw

R.I.P Sophie

[edit on 2/12/2009 by Sparkly_Eyed777]

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 07:24 AM
link   
reply to post by CoffinFeeder

just because emos dress ridiculous and listen to terrible music doesn't mean they should be beaten

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 08:47 AM
link   
Coffinfeeder, you should be like us and love Emo's. Otherwise you should be killed.

I love Emo's

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 08:59 AM
link   
Murder is still Murder. It doesnt matter wether the victim is a Goth, Muslim, Bisexual, White, Black, Purple, Inuit, were all Human and deserve respect and the right to freedom of expression without something like what happened to Sophie and Robert happening.
NOONE deserves to die simply for being a individual.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join