It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ignorance vs Intelligence

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Ignorance vs Intelligence

This is an email of a debate between me and some very conservative die-hard republican who happened to be my friend's wife. I will be happy as long as someone else comments in agreement that she literally got pwned. After I sent her my second email, I received no responses back from her.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 02:17 PM
link   
To: Friend's Wife
Date: Mar 11, 2009 5:42 AM
Subject: # YOU ELITIST BASTARDS

It warms my heart to know that in a few months I will no longer be working for an employer that has an agenda of imperial control over nations and their high value assets. I am no angel but I'm also not a person that believes in violence to obtain power. Please take the time to watch this video on how the US is instigating war with Iran for power and oil. If they can’t get Iran and it comes down to it then there will be a draft and you will become a pond for values that promote corruption, manipulation, and exploitation of innocent people. DON'T TRUST THE MEDIA. IF YOU HAVE TO CUT YOURSELF OFF FROM MAJOR (BIASED) NEWS OUTLETS

To: Me
Date: Mar 13, 2009 7:55 AM
Subject: # YOU ELITIST BASTARDS

On the eve of his trip to New York City, Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad stood before a banner blaring "Death to America," showed off his military might and declared his extremist regime will not bow to Western pressure.

Any nation that has a leader saying those 3 words, deserves destruction. Do more research before you claim to be truth activist Irans hands are so deep in Al Queda and Taliban it’s not even funny, when a nation says "death the america" they are a threat to your life and mine. there is nothing Elitist about it, simple survival and protection of america and it people I would hope Iran would be doing the same thing to us if Obama said "death to Iran"

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 02:26 PM
link   
wrong section but the first person is right
and I don't believe ahmejabad or however you spell his name specifically said that.

Perhaps it was a case of bad translation

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 02:36 PM
link   
To: Friend's Wife
Date: Mar 14, 2009 8:55 PM
Subject: IRAN IS NOT THE PROBLEM...# YOU ELITIST BASTARDS

Haha "Iran's hands are so deep in Al Queada." You shouldn't blame a whole country for something its non-elected religious leaders are doing. There are a lot of corrupt acts committed by the US government officials (like the CIA funded training of Osama Bin Laden). I would be pretty pissed if people use that as pretext to rally support for war against my country. I know a # ton of Iranians and most do not agree with the Ayatollah and where the direction of the country has gone but they do not want the US to decide their direction.

I am in no way in support of Ahmadinejad's extremist views or policies. First off I would like to say that Ahmadinejad's act of blaring "Death to America" is something to be taken seriously but at the same time this act must be considered from a perspective other than the typical neo-con view. I am sure you are either not aware of the past relationship between Iran and the US or you are aware but you obtained what you believe to be fact from the filtered curriculum the ever so trusting US government has chosen for you. There is one fact that cannot in any way be denied. In the 1950's, the US sent in CIA operative Kermit Roosevelt (the son of President Theodore Roosevelt) to Iran to overthrow a DEMOCRATICALLY elected prime minister named Mohammed Mosaddegh. This man refused to let the US and British oil companies rape Iran on the revenue Iran received for their oil. He was overthrown 2 years later. If you really believe you live in a country where its elected officials are not influenced by the private corporations that lobby and contribute to elected government officials every day to set forth policies that benefit their agenda which is more profit and more power...then you literally have no critical thinking skills. My opinion is that you have adopted the same angry violent principles as the people chanting "death to America" in Iran. You are just the same person but on the other side...quote by you ..."Any nation that has a leader saying those 3 words deserves destruction." This is the type of mentality I would expect someone like Ghengis Khan to have. Desrtroying a nation because there are a few bad apples that just happen to be living there is NOT best way to promote peace. It's not a good way to handle that situation period. I hope your children do not turn out to be advocates of violence, aggression, and hate just as you are.

Take a second and imagine this: Iran invades and occupies Canada and Mexico (under the same conditions the US went into Iraq and Afghanistan==>preemptive strike), Iran sets up all its troops and advanced weapons along the borders of the US, Iran has naval ships sitting in the Caribbean, Iran then indecently dubs the US "axis of evil" and cuts them off from the rest of the world (sanctions), Iran threatens to attack if the US if it doesn't stop its nuclear program, Iran overthrows the US government in 1953 and re-installs a dictator that is friendly towards Iranian interests, Iran funds US enemies during a war (US funded Iraq during Iraq-Iran War) and provides chemical agents for US enemies to use on US troops. Then imagine if Christian fundamentalist like Shirley Phelps which represent about less than a quarter of the US take power and begin ruling under church law. Could you honestly be able to perceive Iran as liberators? I don't agree with the chanting of "Death to America" but America is largely responsible for the Islamic rule to which Iranians are forced to obey. You have to try to put yourself in their shoes. I'm sure you would be very angry should you have had to go through that.

[edit on 30-11-2009 by Fatnut]

[edit on 30-11-2009 by Fatnut]

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 02:39 PM
link   
People always say that objectivity provides the best perception of truth. I think it's safe to say that reality through my eyes is more objective than yours since you are a Christian American born and raised in the South and I am a soldier-soon-to-be-civilian spiritualist, American of Iranian decent, born in the South (kinda) and raised in southern California an area that is more tolerant and diverse racially, religiously, and socially at least in comparison to southern states. I've lived in the ghetto and I’ve lived in the rich white suburbs where doors don't need to be locked. Not to mention I have experienced a war zone first hand and talked to Afghans on how the war affects them.

My advice to you is that before you look at facts you should open your eyes, read between the lines, and look at important topics such as this from a perspective that benefits mankind as a whole not just the social group you fall into.

PEACE & LOVE

END OF MY EMAIL=====================================

link   
Yes, I wonder how many times someone has to quote a horrible translation to make it true.

But, I would still like to point out Obama (Bush III) has still not changed one Iota of Bush policies besides more social agendas to control the masses.

My theorom.

Repubs use defense and evil empire rhetoric to take control.

Dems use social agenda and evil corporations to take control.

Who lose when either party has power? The American People.

link   
reply to post by Fatnut

I think I am going to go with "Friends wife" second email.. Iran wishes to destroy America and Spread Islam throughout the world. If people wish to keep there head in the clouds then by all means keep it there.

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Fatnut

Everything fine and dandy, where is the "source"? Would like to see where this piece came from before commenting on it. If it's from some private blog then it's best you tell it upfront before anyone puts their time.

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Here are the sources I gave her.

Iran protests purported U.S. Spying - May 28, 2007
www.usatoday.com...

Bush Sanctions Black Ops Against Iran - May 27, 2007
www.telegraph.co.uk...

Bush Authorizes Covert CIA Operations in Iran - May 25, 2007
www.worldproutassembly.org...

Iran Jails US Journalist Roxana Saberi - April 19, 2009
[According to an earlier statement from the judge, Sohrab Heydarifard: "[Saberi] has been coming and going to certain government circles under the cover of reporter and without a permit. And, through the contacts that she has made with certain employees of these government organisations, she has perpetrated actions to compile and gather information and documents and transferred them to American intelligence services."]
Full article - www.guardian.co.uk...

Journalist Had Copied Iranian Report on US and Iraq - May 13, 2009
www.washingtonpost.com...

Iran Some Dots You May Want to Connect - June 14, 2009
axisoflogic.com...

Mousavi Was the Butcher of Beirut - June 22, 2009
www.infowars.com...

Iranian Envoy: CIA involved in Neda's Shooting? - June 25, 2009
www.cnn.com...

Shah's son calls crisis moment of Truth
edition.cnn.com...

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 02:49 PM
link   
Wait and these too.

John Perkins
www.youtube.com...

CIA has Distributed 400 Million Dollars Inside Iran to Evoke a Revolution
pakalert.wordpress.com...

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 03:09 PM
link   
i totally agree with fatnut...the fact of the matter is that people never put themselves in others shoes...instead they just keep on repeating the information told to them by the biased news...the fact of the matter is that we live in our own western world where everything is seen through our bias views and people tell me all the time how different it is throughout the world..we're all just living inside a box and if we all open our minds and actually read sources that arent FOX news then we will see the bigger picture instead of the 'death to america' quote...let me ask anyone here who can provide me with the exact phrase 'death to america' said by ahmedinajad...people are so stupid and irrational that they judge a person through someone else feeding them unsatisfactory information...i just dont get how people overlook the fact that america has committed alot of war crimes and still is doing so but instead we keep on talking about how 'evil' iran is...why should iran not create nuclear plants when america and israel already have them...are americans more rational and 'peaceful' than iranians that they should only wield this power source...what gives them the right...and if anyone replys by saying 'iran is going to make nukes and send them to us' thats all b.s....this is all a repeat of the cold war and the iranians are propagated as the russians...instead of communism the media is replacing it with 'radical Islam'...realize that history repeats itself and we're being manipulated like we were back then

new topics

top topics

join