posted on Feb, 24 2003 @ 11:23 PM
Okay...getting an Avatar up is a reasonably painless process:
1. Find the avatar you want somewhere on the net. Be sure that it is an image you can hotlink, as unfortunately ATS doesn't host avatars...so you
have to find one to hotlink or upload one you want on some other host and hotlink it.
Nothing too offensive (so no porn or anything too dodgy, and nothing too big...so we don't end up with half the page taken up with avatar.
Copy the url from the pic/avatar you want.
2. Click on the 'Your Control Panel / Options ' at the top right of the page...which miraculously takes you to, you guessed it, Your Control Panel.
3. Click on the 'Edit Profile' link, in that 'My Home - Edit Profile - Subscriptions - Favorites etc etc' tool-bar at the top.
4. Scroll down to the bottom of that page, and 3 boxes up from the bottom you will see one entitled 'Avatar URL:' Paste the url of the avatar you
want in there.
5. Click the 'Edit Profile' box at the base of the page and you should be all good to go