It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Omit Alternative Substances Tab?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Now, I see a lot of complaining from members fearful that ATS will only become about the new board we've put up.

With that in mind, why don't we just put in another nice tab to omit them from the boards justl like Flue and Political Madness?

A quick fix for those who want nothing to do with the new board.

~Keeper

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 02:03 PM
link   
A more common sense approach would to simply not click on it. Better than going through all that trouble if you ask me.

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Solomons

This + 1

Prob. never read so much bitching about an internet sub forum ever.

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

Agreed. For those that wish to discuss it allow a clear path.
And for the fearful just don't bother contributing. The world is still round and the internet as you know it will not collapse.

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Just for the record, ATS has a great navigation utility that very few folks seem to take advantage of ...

You can select all your favorite forums and assign them to the "myATS" page, then at the top of the "recent posts" page there's a little red link named "customize" ... one of the options there is the "myATS" selection. When selected your "recent posts" will only include the forums which interest you and exclude all others. Thus this new or any other forum you don't wish to even look at, doesn't show up for you.

So the option's already there and no more coding from admin. is required.

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 02:26 PM
link   
There are already links to omit swine flu, political madness.... Why not Alternative Substances? I was thinking about bringing this up myself.

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 02:49 PM
link   
Just to be clear, I'm not complaining, I love the new forum and will make ample use of it.

I also don't use any of the omit things.

Just trying to find common ground with those who would choose not to use it.

~Keeper

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 03:04 PM
link   
Hi, no-alt fans.

To omit, do a bookmark with that :

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Blue skies.

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 03:13 PM
link   
I think Solomons has the best answer.

If you're not interested, don't click on it.

It's that simple, really!

Otherwise it's not 'denying ignorance', it's fostering it.

[edit on 30-11-2009 by aorAki]

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 03:13 PM
link   
I always just manage my subscriptions so only the forums I am interested in show on the recent post page.

You can also manually take away forums from the recent post page. Just click on omit swine flu or omit political madness. Then replace that forum number for the drug forum number (171) or whatever forum in the url.

Really though, just subscribing to your customized forums is my favorite way to handle it and it's automatically shown for you in the recent post list without having to click anything else.

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 06:20 PM
link   
I can't seem to access this section now. I'm sure I didn't write anything off limits. Can anyone else access this.

try it

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 06:21 PM
link   
reply to post by factbeforefiction

I get the 404 error as well...

~Keeper

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 06:24 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

Thank you tothetenthpower for checking. I exposed myself pretty good there and wrote some important stuff. Good to know it's a glitch and not just me.

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 06:49 PM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

Thank you for this. I wish everyone on ATS would read it. I actually see threads dedicated to wanting to know if they can receive an email when someone posts on a thread, or responds to them.

Everything is in place. Sometimes it just takes a while to figure it out. And it's nice when someone takes the time to tell you. Which you and others seem to do repeatedly.

Just thanks.

new topics

top topics

join