It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Five British sailors taken hostaged by Iran!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 01:04 PM
link   
www.dailymail.co.uk...

Five British sailors are being held hostage in Iran after their racing yacht may have inadvertently strayed into Iranian waters.

The Foreign Office confirmed that a racing yacht owned by Sail Bahrain and crewed by five British sailors was detained by the Iranian Navy on November 25.

The yacht is believed to have been on its way to the Dubai-Muscat Offshore Sailing Race which began on November 25 and may have 'inadvertently' strayed into Iranian waters.

What will Iran do with the Brits? Charge them for trespassing and possibly for spying and put them to jail indefinitely or death? What would the Brits do in this case? Certainly negotiate but if that don't work, bombing time?

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 01:13 PM
link   
When will these yaughty people actually learn to stay away from dangerous waters,
On another note i noticed the yaught was draped in emirate colours, If this is not a red flag to a bull what is ?..
Que quick compensation payment and Iranian indoctrination, I doubt there will be any looking for the death penalty. These people are not barbarians..

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 01:15 PM
link   
I dont think its worth starting WW3 over. i'm sure there will be the usual posturing, I guess the sailors deserve what they get.

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 01:47 PM
link   
world war 2 started with one man being killed so who knows maybe if this goes awry it could be the start of world war 3.

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 07:27 PM
link   
It's difficult to know what to make of this until we see what the Iranian government decides to do with them. The world is apparently watching this, so let's hope Iran makes a prudent decision.

According to the reports, they wandered into these waters unwittingly. Everybody makes mistakes. Perhaps they will permit UK officials to join in the investigation, to determine the truth of these claims. At this time we have no reason to believe they are not being truthful.

If the punishment is too severe for what at this point appears to be accidental, it won't go over well in this political climate. We'll see.

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 08:08 PM
link   
Weren't the British ultimately seen as the perpetrators in the last Iran/UK dispute. One would think in today's political climate that cruising around in your little boat off the waters of a nation on edge might not be the best decision. Think people, its not that hard. i have no sympathy for stupid, but we should wait for all the facts as well.

brill

new topics

top topics

join