It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK nationals stopped by Iranian navy

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 09:46 AM
link   
Iran says may take serious action against Britons

ca.news.yahoo.com...

Why do they believe all who enter are spies...
Oh that's right... they're facing to be attacked anyday now.

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 09:48 AM
link   
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

Had you bothered to view the web site, you would have noticed that there were pockets of wind gusts, as well as pockets of low - zero wind speeds. Both of which fit into the blowing off course and needing a propeller statements. Going from one area of the Persian Gulf to another would have caused varying wind speeds.

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 09:49 AM
link   
reply to post by CanadianDream420

This is the same regime that arrested hundreds or even thousands of Iranian protestors, and ordered the security forces to uncover evidence of spies, and all they found were Iranian people and no spies.

I'm not saying the regime believes they aren't spies - the revolutionary guard commanders may actually believe it, but that doesn't make it true.

[edit on 1-12-2009 by john124]

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 09:55 AM
link   
reply to post by john124

I would say this is the same government which was democratically elected by its citizen's who were then thrown into a caos through a u.s. led intrusion to overthrow the elected leader for a more positive western political ideology. This is the same government who has refused to be bullied on who is allowed and who is not allowed to own or manufacture nuclear fuel. I guess similar laws or views to do not apply to Israel, Pakistan, India, oh hang on, there pro western, or are they pro western until they too have been used and abused.

Think Gentlemen, think...!

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Laurauk
Just watched a interview with one of the young mens fathers, he hs stated that they are being treated well. Thank goodness for that. Lets just hope there is a speedy conclusion to this. I for one do certainly do not want, a repeat of what happened the last time.

Yachtsman seized by Iran 'coping well', says father

The last time Iranians captured British Sailors they were treated humanely and released in good shape.

I doubt very much they are going to be harmed this time either. Whether an unfortunate incident or spying, the fact remains the same that they had the poor fortune of straying into the territorial waters of a nation that Brittan has a long sordid past of meddling in its politics and is currently waging a propaganda war against.

I think you would expect the British government to thoroughly investigate a similar incident where foreign nationals from a belligerent nation strayed into Brittan’s territorial waters under convenient and suspicious circumstances.

Why would it surprise any reasonable person that Iran likewise has a duty to its own citizens and security to investigate such things thoroughly?

The long and short of it, is the Iranians didn’t cause these men to stray off course, to enter a yacht race with a rented boat they don’t even appear to have known how to sail and navigate with. These 6 Britons put themselves in that situation of their own volition for what ever purpose it truly was for.

Iran has every right as a sovereign nation to investigate any and all suspicions regarding the incident, and Iran is a signatory to every International Treaty from the Laws of the Sea, to the Laws of War, to the Geneva Convention to the IAEA. They do in fact abide by them, and like it or not these men are going to have to endure the inconvenience brought on by their own actions.

Blaming Iran for their individual failures and mistakes is just silly. Iran is doing what any nation would do in similar circumstances.

The fact that unreasonable people want to twist that into something particularly sinister or unfair speaks to the propaganda war the west is waging against Iran right now. If it weren’t for that obvious unwarranted hostility as in reality Iran participates and complies with all International Treaties and has not attacked any other nation or broken any Treaty, then perhaps Iran could afford to turn a blind eye to a very suspicious incident. I don’t see how they can though in the current atmosphere of Western aggression and wouldn’t frankly expect them to.

The bottom line is you reap what you sew, and if anyone has endangered these men, it’s these men themselves and the Western Nations waging a vicious propaganda war for the sake of oil and complete control.

We here in the West can learn from our mistakes and learn to make peace, or we can keep suffering from them as we attempt to topple one oil rich regime after another for greed and control.

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 10:06 AM
link   

My friend, its often evident that not many are aware of the dangers when sailing especially in waters which are on high profile alert and especially when a full blown army intelligence exercise on behalf of the Iranian army is in full swing. So to knowingly sail in the region is more or less a risky situation causing the skipper and its crew to initially question the safety of their own lives. So once they all decided it was okay to sail knowing full well that they are in high alert waters they did so with or without the use of GPS...!. Well that my friend is the first sign of detecting response time in conjunction with what methods were used to track and detain a drone. In this particular case the drone was a sail boat. So without digging too far into the story its a pure clear cut black project for future reference.

Hey, its in the manual if anyone out there is aware of what i am saying.

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by tristar
reply to post by john124

This is the same government who has refused to be bullied on who is allowed and who is not allowed to own or manufacture nuclear fuel.Think Gentlemen, think...!

Perhaps if they are so stupid as to build a nuclear power plant TOO SMALL to actually produce nuclear power, they shouldn't be trusted with it anyway.

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 10:10 AM
link   
reply to post by tristar

So, because of the past that means all Iranian's are doomed to live under whatever conditions the Islamic regime sees fit, because 30 years ago the Islamic revolution threw out the western puppet! I am thinking, and people's desires change - the 30 year Islamic experiment has failed, and has led to fascism against Persian's, and they have had enough of it!

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by lpowell0627

Had you bothered to view the web site, you would have noticed that there were pockets of wind gusts, as well as pockets of low - zero wind speeds. Both of which fit into the blowing off course and needing a propeller statements. Going from one area of the Persian Gulf to another would have caused varying wind speeds.

My friend I don’t need to view the website because as someone familiar with the actual art of sailing what you are describing is a typical day at sea. Sailboats chase pockets of wind looking to catch it, and typically anchor when there is no wind as to not drift off of course.

In this day of GPS, Radios and Satellite Phones what you are imagining happened could only happen if…

A. The captain and the crew were grossly incompetent.
B. The captain and the crew were drunk and grossly incompetent
C. The captain and the crew meant to be on the opposite side of a body of water than where they were supposed to be.

It doesn’t matter how much sailing the internet you do looking to make sense of a process you have no first hand experience with and reject out of hand because it doesn’t fit your motives and agenda.

The fact that you don’t understand anything about sailing doesn’t mean I don’t understand sailing.

I have sailed the seven seas and scores of sailboats. I know better.

Thanks!

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 10:19 AM
link   

The fact that unreasonable people want to twist that into something particularly sinister or unfair speaks to the propaganda war the west is waging against Iran right now.

You mean like when the regime blamed BBC's John Lewyne for the death of protestors, and then blamed the protestors, and then someone else the day after for the same event!

You would get on well with Ahmadi, you should invite him round to yours for tea, and you can discuss evil western plots, how the poor regime cannot beat Iranian's into submission this time round! And help them think of more excuses to explain why not!

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 10:19 AM
link   
I've just been listening to the radio and some sailor chap says, the sailors should have had no need to be so close to Iranian waters, even with the weather conditions.
I hope all the sailor boys are dressed up in ill fitting suits and given an embarrassing pardon on TV, then sent on their way to Dubai, of all places

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by john124
reply to post by tristar

So, because of the past that means all Iranian's are doomed to live under whatever conditions the Islamic regime sees fit, because 30 years ago the Islamic revolution threw out the western puppet! I am thinking, and people's desires change - the 30 year Islamic experiment has failed, and has led to fascism against Persian's, and they have had enough of it!

I honestly and with statistics do not see it in the way you choose to post it. If you would take the time to see what advances the nation has achieved in those 30 years you would automatically realize that it has achieved far more in 30 years than what it had while under the pro western political ideology.

I would also like to add, that this is not a "REGIME", it is an elected political party, similar to what we have in the U.S. or you may have in your own nation. So i still fail to understand why you would quote the political as a "REGIME" when the term itself is used for other purposes other than identifying a democratic elected political ideology.

I also do take note of you liberally using the term "Regime", do you not see how you have inadvertently been manipulated through MSN. Do you not realize that this may be one of my many occupations in real life. Do you not see my signature.

re⋅gime
  /rəˈʒim, reɪ-, or, sometimes, -ˈdʒim/ Show Spelled Pronunciation [ruh-zheem, rey-, or, sometimes, -jeem] Show IPA
Use regime in a Sentence
See web results for regime
See images of regime
–noun
1. a mode or system of rule or government: a dictatorial regime.
2. a ruling or prevailing system.
3. a government in power.
4. the period during which a particular government or ruling system is in power.

Defenition of Regime

gov⋅ern⋅ment
  /ˈgʌvərnmənt, ‑ərmənt/ Show Spelled Pronunciation [guhv-ern-muhnt, ‑er-muhnt] Show IPA
Use government in a Sentence
See web results for government
See images of government
–noun
1. the political direction and control exercised over the actions of the members, citizens, or inhabitants of communities, societies, and states; direction of the affairs of a state, community, etc.; political administration: Government is necessary to the existence of civilized society.
2. the form or system of rule by which a state, community, etc., is governed: monarchical government; episcopal government.
3. the governing body of persons in a state, community, etc.; administration.
4. a branch or service of the supreme authority of a state or nation, taken as representing the whole: a dam built by the government.
5. (in some parliamentary systems, as that of the United Kingdom)
a. the particular group of persons forming the cabinet at any given time: The Prime Minister has formed a new government.
b. the parliament along with the cabinet: The government has fallen.
6. direction; control; management; rule: the government of one's conduct.
7. a district governed; province.
8. political science.
9. Grammar. the extablished usage that requires that one word in a sentence should cause another to be of a particular form: the government of the verb by its subject.

Definition of Government

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 10:25 AM
link   

A. You weren't there!
B. It's still not clear if they crossed over the line!
C. Maybe they were young & naive sailors who thought they were invincible, and were pushing it going close to the border, and the Iranian navy spotted an opportunity for a propaganda shot!

At the end of the day, they should be released within a few weeks, and learn to stay entirely away from that region. I'm sure the regime can make up a few excuses to keep hold of them until christmas at least, and hand them back as a christmas present to Britain.

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Reading
it works both ways.

Imagine if some random iranian boat came close to british or god forbid american shores

I think some of you in this thread would be playing a different tune if they did

Iranian people are very welcome to sail their yachts in British waters. As long as they have a visa.

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 10:33 AM
link   
reply to post by tristar

I honestly and with statistics do not see it in the way you choose to post it. If you would take the time to see what advances the nation has achieved in those 30 years you would automatically realize that it has achieved far more in 30 years than what it had while under the pro western political ideology.

Yes, iran has many advances, whilst many backwards steps in terms of long-term damage to the economy. The shah didn't trash the economy as badly as this regime. It's not for any of us to say what the Iranian people should desire, it's for themselves to decide, and so far they are making that decision which is obvious to all who are paying attention & listening to them.

I would also like to add, that this is not a "REGIME", it is an elected political party, similar to what we have in the U.S. or you may have in your own nation. So i still fail to understand why you would quote the political as a "REGIME" when the term itself is used for other purposes other than identifying a democratic elected political ideology.

HAHA!!! It's a military coup d'etat regime controlled by the revolutionary guards. There's nothing democratic about the military taking over to ensure Ahmadinejad stays on as president. Get a clue!

I also do take note of you liberally using the term "Regime", do you not see how you have inadvertently been manipulated through MSN. Do you not realize that this may be one of my many occupations in real life. Do you not see my signature.

I call it the "regime" because that's what the Iranian's who I've met call it, who travel to and from Iran over recent months and years. Changing its title does not change it's characteristics. We could call it the grand elected supreme overlord council of iran, and it would still be the same old sh*t! Arguing over semantics, or choice of words doesn't change the situation.

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by john124

A. You weren't there!
B. It's still not clear if they crossed over the line!
C. Maybe they were young & naive sailors who thought they were invincible, and were pushing it going close to the border, and the Iranian navy spotted an opportunity for a propaganda shot!

At the end of the day, they should be released within a few weeks, and learn to stay entirely away from that region. I'm sure the regime can make up a few excuses to keep hold of them until christmas at least, and hand them back as a christmas present to Britain.

Just keep changing the story John but the reality is you weren't there either, and you seem to have a lot poorer grasp when it comes to sailing.

So please do keep in mind that simply making claims of what you imagine can't be verified doesn't mean it can't be verified. It doesn't make the official story any more true written by people as you point out who weren't there either.

The truth is that your arguments are all double edged swords that basically just demonstrate a high degree of bias and desperation in trying to promote a very flimsy and highly sucpicious story as being indicative of something that it clearly isn't.

No matter how you try to shift the story or use it as a platform for bias and prejudice against a peaceful nation intelligent people will only see someone changing a story to use it as a platform for bias and prejudice against a peaceful nation.

All you are in essence doing is fooling yourself and other people who wish to be similiarly fooled.

The question I would be asking is why?

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 10:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Smokersroom

And of course many Iranian people do visit Britain regularly. Iran has an embassy in London, and a few Islamic centres that many argue have illegitimate purposes such as the mosques and sky scraper that have been recently investigated in the US, yet they aren't harrassed like the embassy in Iran are from various nations.

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 10:37 AM
link   

I have added an update here which includes an interview with the father of one of the crew. Maybe this will show you that not all upperclass brits are James Bond wannabes!!
This was a group of people who due to circumstances beyond there control strayed into disputed waters.
Maybe intead of trying to create a unprovable conspiracy, wait for more facts to come out.
Please scroll down to the map at the bottom of the page
BBC update

[edit on 1-12-2009 by Kurokage]

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Well your not that familiar with sailing.....in an earlier post you laughed at me and claimed that yachts of this type do not have propellers.

Do you actually have any evidence to back up your crazy espionage stories?......or are you just naturally argumentative?

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 10:39 AM
link   
reply to post by john124

Obviously you must be 90's class. But in any case, just so we get a grip on reality here. As we know and by know it should be blasting across the internet, there were instruments seized aboard the Yacht for tracking purposes other than sailing.

Is the picture beginning to clear itself up.

Part of the instruments were attached to the hull and the attachment devices are manufactured in Israel.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join