It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Houston We Have A Problem. ISS is over NYC on 911 instead of Africa

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 05:13 PM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

Hey just playing devils advocate here-

If the ISS was in the path of serious orbital debris that could cause seriouse to catastrophic damage how would they get it out of harms way?

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by VneZonyDostupa
reply to post by JayinAR

Except for the fact that the station passed over NYC two hours AFTER the attack occurred, not "a few minutes". It's not strange at all, when you consider that it takes a little over 90 minutes for the ISS to orbit the planet.

They were able to see the smoke from New York City at 10:30 AM...please show me the evidence that this is is not true.

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Soylent Green Is People

Originally posted by VneZonyDostupa
reply to post by JayinAR

Except for the fact that the station passed over NYC two hours AFTER the attack occurred, not "a few minutes". It's not strange at all, when you consider that it takes a little over 90 minutes for the ISS to orbit the planet.

They were able to see the smoke from New York City at 10:30 AM...please show me the evidence that this is is not true.

That's exactly what I just said, that they were over a region of the earth near enough NYC to see the smoke. This happened at 10:30, two hours after the event, not at 8am, as the OP claims.

What exactly are you arguing with in my post?

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 05:22 PM
link   
John Lear has always said that the builings were brought down by some kind of space weapon.

Maybe that's what was going on - maybe the ISS is weaponized.

Maybe John Lear was right.

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Soylent Green Is People

I don't think the poster was saying that the ISS couldn't see the smoke when they passed overhead.
They were trying to establish a point counter to mine when I remarked that the ISS passed over NYC "a few minutes" after the attack.
Then remarked that there was nothing out of the ordinary in this story.

I pretty much agree.
A few minutes, a few hours, an hour and a half... whatever you want to call it, the ISS is moving fast as heck and covers a lot of ground.
I say "a few minutes" because the closest thing I can compare it to is a plane flight that doesn't last very long... Say Northwest Arkansas to Dallas Texas. You get up in the air and then come down. Very quick.

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stanton Dowd
John Lear has always said that the builings were brought down by some kind of space weapon.

Maybe that's what was going on - maybe the ISS is weaponized.

Maybe John Lear was right.

Any evidence at all that this is even possibility? I haven't seen anything to suggest that a weapon from space flew two planes into a pair of buildings.

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by js331975
reply to post by weedwhacker

Hey just playing devils advocate here-

If the ISS was in the path of serious orbital debris that could cause seriouse to catastrophic damage how would they get it out of harms way?

Yes -- they that option is part of their repertoire. Here's an excerpt from an article that discussed the such a maneuver:

After coordinating with Russian flight controllers, International Space Station Flight Director Kwatsi Alibaruho decided Friday night that a Debris Avoidance Maneuver was not required on Saturday to steer the complex clear of a remnant of a Delta rocket that launched the Stardust mission in February 1999. Although earlier tracking data had indicated that the debris was steadily approaching the station, additional tracking runs on Friday afternoon and Friday evening confirmed that the debris was, in fact, moving further away and would not come any closer than nine kilometers, or five and a half miles of the station, posing no threat. No other objects are currently being tracked that would raise the prospects for a future maneuver.

HOWEVER, this is not the same as steering the ISS wherever you want it. These are only very slight changes to the orbit that will raise it's altitude. They are not zooming around all over the place in orbit.

Saying the ISS can change its orbit is meaningless in this discussion. With that fact up your sleeve, you could argue that the ISS was overhead for ANY and ALL newsworthy events that happened in the past 10 years...

-Katrina! -- The ISS could have been overhead when the levies failed.
-The 2004 Indosian Tsunami -- The ISS could have been there when it struck.
-The start of the war in Iraq -- The ISS could have been there, too

I'm sorry, but I need a little more evidence than "they can alter its orbit" to convince me that someone intentionally moved the ISS to coincide with 9/11.

[edit on 11/30/2009 by Soylent Green Is People]

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 05:34 PM
link   
I have no clue about this stuff, but I did see a few problems with the "debunking".

Most notably: Just because the ISS orbits around the earth every 90 minutes does NOT automatically mean it will go over New York 90 minutes later. The path of the ISS is always change in relation to what it goes over the earth.

Someone posted an image of this. Now, Africa and New York there may be on the same line and so forth, and it could be fine. I don't know. But there is a bit of a leap in the logic people are using there. No guarantee that the East Coast area is part of the next pass.

Next on the list: 9:00 AM and 10:30 East coast does not match up. 90 minutes to orbit. And for some reason, people are acting as if from Africa to New York is an orbit. It's not. If Nasa actually released times of 9 AM for Africa and 10:30 for the east coast, I would be skeptical. Because that number should be in the 45 minute area, not 90 minutes.

That some were so quick to debunk with these false figures is a bit of a hmmmm.

But even if true, I don't see the significance of it anymore than the fact I was asleep in bed when it first started happening has to do with it. It's kind of a so what type thing for me. But if it's gonna be debunked, then gotta do it right.

As far as timing, the events with the pentagon on 9/10 are way more significant.

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 05:44 PM
link   
reply to post by badmedia

"As far as the timing, the events at the Pentagon on 9/10 are way more significant."

I agree. Actually, you raise good points all around. If the ISS was over Africa at 9, it would have been over NYC well before 10. I guess "a few minutes after" actually isn't all that bad an estimate.

But anyhow, as I said before, I pretty much see this as a non-issue.
As someone else has pointed out, they can course-correct, but it takes time.

Although, I highly doubt there would be any way to ever find out if they made a course correction to line them up for NYC at that specific time in history.
An interesting, if not noteworthy, coincidence. Nothing more.

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by badmedia
Next on the list: 9:00 AM and 10:30 East coast does not match up. 90 minutes to orbit. And for some reason, people are acting as if from Africa to New York is an orbit. It's not. If Nasa actually released times of 9 AM for Africa and 10:30 for the east coast, I would be skeptical. Because that number should be in the 45 minute area, not 90 minutes.

The OP has no way of knowing (unless he is using orbital elements close to 09/11) where the station was at 9:00.

The OP also claims that the astronauts were talking about the attack at 09:00. They were not talking about it at 09:00.

Nothing the OP says makes any sense.

(What the hell am I doing in the 911 forum anyway?)

[edit on 11/30/2009 by Phage]

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 06:03 PM
link   
down load and run the software I linked to... and you can go back in time as well as forward in time... and 911 and the ISS do not line up. so we are just told that ISS was video taping NYC... the video has no ID and the ISS was over Africa... well, how do we know the video is from the ISS. we dont.

and yes, John goes briefly into this: on his tell all video:
www.youtube.com...

[edit on 30-11-2009 by Anti-Evil]

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 06:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Anti-Evil

John..
oh.
nevermind.

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 06:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

you still here, thought you might have had a guilt moment or something.

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Still waiting for an answer about the orbital elements used for your "tracking".

When I saw who "John" was I lost interest in the video.

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 06:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

download and run the software. are you normally dense. or are you just messing up my thread.?

you can tell this software what time of any day of any year and it will tell you the location. if you want to know at 9AM where the ISS is... say ISS 9AM Sept. 11, 2001. I dont know who much plainer I can make it.

[edit on 30-11-2009 by Anti-Evil]

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 06:19 PM
link   
reply to post by badmedia

1. Africa is NOT 1/2 way around the world from New York City -- it's more like 1/4.

2. As Phage pointed out, the OP does not know where the ISS was at 9:00 AM.

Plain and simple, the OP is just saying a bunch of buzz words like "9/11" and talking about conspiracies -- but has no evidence whatsoever. I suppose if someone wants to get their Original Post noticed on ATS, all they need to do is say something about a 9/11 conspiracy -- no further evidence is required.

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 06:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Soylent Green Is People

read my thread above.

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 06:28 PM
link   

No.
I'm not dense and I don't really care about your little thread.

I don't want to download and run the software. Running the software tells me nothing unless it provides the orbital elements it uses for the calculations. If they are provided and if they are from close to 09/11/01 I can use my own software to find out where the station was at 09:00. Since you have already download and installed the software I am asking you to provide the orbital elements. If the program does not provide them there is no point in talking about it.

But why are you so hung up on 9:00? The astronauts weren't talking about the attack until 10:30. What's so special about 09:00?

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 06:36 PM
link   
blah blah blah, more of this nonsense... I'm skeptical of the U.S. government, and it's don't tell don't ask policies but this is ridiculous...

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 06:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Yea, its obvious the software would just trash your theory - thats why I linked you to it. why answer something when the math doesnt add up.
with the story. sorry - thats what we are debating until your sidetracking on nonsense. if you want your answers then use the software.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join