It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Houston We Have A Problem. ISS is over NYC on 911 instead of Africa

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+10 more 
posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 01:00 PM
link   
According to the Logs, the ISS should have been flying over the Horn of Africa during the events of 911. at 9AM. However, anyone watching CNN that morning would recall a video and audio section relayed from the ISS describing and sympathizing the facts of the day. As smoke was rising from the rubble, the astronauts’ distraught words appear to
Have yet another meaning. And this would mean a Major Change of the ISS’s Flight Path.
Free Software to do your own research:
Data Compiled by “Celestia” www.shatters.net/celestia
Researcher: Wishes to remain Anonymous -- we owe a great deal to this Nasa Hardend Veteran for coming forward… and I don’t know who he is… but he knows his stuff. And
He knows me, I guess. The last item was he said he is going to get the logs themselves.
-- next post will be NASA’s Logs themselves so stay tuned… I have Questions…

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Does this mean that even NASA knew about the events of 9/11 before they happened?

Were they tipped off or just told to change course of the ISS (just in case like lol)?

This sheds more light on 9/11 as being "fixed" or "staged" by some part of the US Government!

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Not Anti-Evil Comment from the Researcher:

shifting path of ISS is not that simple. Various protocols, checks and many others steps are required, this had to be pre meditated at least a few weeks in advance. Notification is required to all the counties that the ISS will be flying over.

This is rather intriguing because this may be a breakthrough of some kind in the case. I performed this research to best of my knowledge after listening to Anti-Evils’ concerns. Further research will be posted here when available.

Researcher Anonymous

+24 more 
posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 02:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Anti-Evil

OMG!!!

People with no understanding of orbital mechanics, unite!!!

Folks....the ISS has no engines. It cannot alter its orbital trajectory. Those who think it can are sorely misinformed.

Further research into how satellites move, on orbit, and the energy required to alter their orbits is warranted. Just google...look for 'plane change' in the keywords. Because, an object in orbit describes a 'plane' of motion...and to alter that plane, into a new trajectory, reuires a LOT of energy. We don't (AFAIK) have 'Star Trek' technology yet.....

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Do you know what time the cnn interview was?
Commander Culbertson in charge of the iss that day had a private conversation with the flight surgeon on earth who told him the events on that day.

Checking the world map on the computer, they discovered they were heading southeast out of Canada and would be passing over New England soon. Commander Culbertson rushed around the International Space Station to find a window that would give him a view of New York City, discovering the one in Tyurin’s cabin provided the best view. He grabbed a video camera and began filming. It was approximately 9:30 CDT, 10:30 on 9/11/2001 at the World Trade Center and Pentagon.

space.about.com...

[edit on 30-11-2009 by remymartin]

+11 more 
posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Considering that the ISS takes 90 minutes to orbit the planet, the chances of it passing over NY on the day of the attacks are fairly good.

Plus, they mentioned seeing smoke rise from the rubble, meaning they weren't overhead as the attacks occured as you seem to be implying. But passed over later in the day.

[edit on 30/11/09 by Chadwickus]

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 02:33 PM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

I'm highly sceptical of this story myself, but there are engines on the space station, according to what I have read.

I've never heard of it moving before.

www.howstuffworks.com...

When completed, the ISS will be able to house up to seven astronauts. It will have the following major components:

•Control Module (Zarya) or Functional Cargo Block - contains propulsion (two rocket engines), command and control systems
•Nodes (three) - connect major portions of the ISS
•Service Module (Zvezda) - contains living quarters and life support for early parts of the ISS, docking ports for Progress resupply ships and rocket engines for attitude control and re-boost
•Scientific Laboratories (six) - contain scientific equipment and a robotic arm to move payload on an outside platform
•Laboratory Module - shirt-sleeve environment facility for research on microgravity, life sciences, Earth sciences and space sciences
•Truss - long, tower-like spine for attaching modules, payloads and systems equipment
•Mobile Servicing System - robotic system that will move along the truss; equipped with remote arm for assembly and maintenance activities
•Transfer Vehicles - a Soyuz capsule and a Crew Return Vehicle (X-38) for emergency evacuation
•Electrical Power System - solar panels and equipment for generating, storing, managing and distributing electrical power

If the story is true, it certainly would add to the air of stage management that already hangs over 9/11.

[edit on 30-11-2009 by ipsedixit]

+6 more 
posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Garbage. Just garbage. What "logs" are you talking about?

The ISS first passed over New England (after the attack) at 10:30 on 9/11, not 09:00. There were other passes after that.
space.about.com...

Remymartin beat me to it.

[edit on 11/30/2009 by Phage]

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 02:46 PM
link   
I have the footage.
Please be patient, I'm converting it to upload it.

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 02:51 PM
link   
www.metacafe.com...

here is the video. looks like 911 video is a after thought.
dont know we need to take a closer look.

I noted no issues with the above statements. and accept them as true.

just the data from Celestia does not match what is common knowledge.

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Here is the video:

(click to open player in new window)

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by ipsedixit

...but there are engines on the space station...

Irrelevant, and not adequate to effectively alter the orbital inclination at all.

Plus, there is insufficient propellant that would be needed in order to alter the delta-v enough...

Any engines are to provide orientation, or possibly to boost if orbit decays over time. The energy to actually alter the inclination far exceeds what is available, given current understanding of technology and physics.

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 03:02 PM
link   

It has already been pointed out that the 9:00 AM claim is wrong. It doesn't even make sense. The first plane hit at 8:46, the second at 9:03.

The orbital elements of the space station, like all satellites, change over time due to a variety of reasons. Celestia calculates the position of the ISS based on those orbital elements. Unless the orbital elements of Sept. 11, 2001 are used in the calculations Celestia will provide an incorrect position for the station. The greater the time span between the orbital elements used for the calculation and the time you are looking at, the greater the error.

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by weedwhacker

OMG!!!

People with no understanding of orbital mechanics, unite!!!

Folks....the ISS has no engines. It cannot alter its orbital trajectory. Those who think it can are sorely misinformed.

Folks, this is a test. How many of you still want to carry on this thread even though you have been told the simple facts that it cannot be true, and given the fact that it comes from an unknown source?

For myself, I hope to note the user names of those that want to hang on and argue. I'll try to avoid reading anything they have to say in the future.

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Well, I asked again, and since he wishes to make a living - he has declined a third time. he states that all of the information was public knowledge and he had no problem coming to the conclusion ... Nasa has a math problem. so, do more than run a few words together and you might get somewhere... research, what ever he found scared the crap out of him and it isnt contained in this post.

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 03:23 PM
link   

It only takes 90 minutes for the ISS to orbit the Earth, so even if it was over the Horn of Africa at 9:00 AM, it would be able to see NYC before 10:30 AM (and possibly again before noon, depending on it's course).

If you understood the orbit of the ISS, you would know there was plenty of time and opportunities for the ISS to see the smoke.

This theory is a non-starter.

[edit on 11/30/2009 by Soylent Green Is People]

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 03:24 PM
link   
I want to preface this by saying that I am not a space expert. I'm just using my noggin here, but I think this is correct.

Here is a diagram taken from a NASA related website. It shows orbital tracks of the International Space Station.

spaceflight.nasa.gov...

There are variations in the orbital path. (Edit: Later posters in the thread point out that the ISS doesn't go over the same parts of the earth on each orbit. Undoubtedly there is a technical jargon term for this kind of non synchronous orbit. However the most important point is that the non-synchronous orbit of the ISS can be slowed or speeded up by raising or lowering it's altitude.)

To arrange to be over a certain place on earth at a given time they would only have to raise or lower the orbit of the space station, allowing it to to come into line with a point on the earth (New York City), which they have the ability to do and have done (probably numerous times).

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/c44cb757ae82.jpg[/atsimg]

[edit on 30-11-2009 by ipsedixit]

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 03:31 PM
link   
This is a ludicrous theory. It may well have passed near NYC, but it passes over a heck of a lot of territory in a day. Or even an hour.

Perhaps this could be given some credence if were not from yet another unnamed source, using unsubstantiated data we have no access to. And I don't even know what the point would be.

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 03:48 PM
link   
it may sound ludacris however it still is a theory. The question isn't about how many territories it passes over each day but to pinpoint the exact time that it passed over NY. After tracking its orbit for 2 days following 9/11 the only time I see it pass over NY was on Sep 12 at arround 3 am. Obviously that video wasn't recorded at 3 am therefore theres something interesting here.

Researcher signing off -

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 03:49 PM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

This suggests another way it could have been done, with advanced planning. Use the fuel and engines from an unmanned cargo vehicle from earth to raise the orbit when it docked at the station.

www.space.com...

A cargo ship docked at the International Space Station (ISS) fired its engine Wednesday, raising the space research platform into a higher orbit to prepare for the arrival of two spacecraft in upcoming months.

The unmanned Progress 17 spacecraft, a supply ship that docked at the ISS on March 2, fired its engines at 10:27 a.m. EDT (1427 GMT) to boost the space station 1.5 miles (2.4 kilometers) further from Earth into an orbit that reaches 226 miles (363 kilometers) at its highest point, NASA officials said.

The orbital boost prepared the ISS for the June docking of Progress 18, the next Russian cargo ship to deliver space station equipment and supplies, as well as the expected July arrival of the space shuttle Discovery and its STS-114 crew.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join