It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shall I leave ATS for Christian Forum site?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 05:44 PM
link   
You know, hanging around like minded people is about the most sure fire way of keeping any ignorance you may have. You are simply going to go to an environment where all your existing ideas will be validated and so forth.

I simply do not see the draw of being around "like minded people".

I personally look for people who aren't like minded in general. People who will argue. Debate and argument are good and healthy. Confrontation brings about understanding. I don't want to be around people who are just gonna pat me on the back, I want to be around people who are going to challenge my ideas/thoughts.

It's your choice, do what you like. But I think it's foolish. If anything, why not do both? No reason you have to pick 1 or the other. Be smart about it, if someone proposes something that gives you trouble here, you can always go there to get help. Which in turn increases the quality of the debate here and there.

Just my honest opinion about it. But I'm not like most people, I am drawn to the argument, rather than away from it. I look for questions I had not thought of. Just so long as it's civil for the most part anyway, and doesn't have potential to become physical/ignorant.

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 07:38 PM
link   
I have decided I may do both, but I will add an extra dimension to the conservative Christians who do not see the whole picture as broad as people on ATS do, I feel I can give a different perspective and I don't expect to be welcomed in open arms with some views I give. You never know, there might be a few trolls I can rid of there too.

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 09:07 PM
link   
reply to post by The time lord
You seem to want to fight error. I would suggest that you read works (books and papers) by those you consider in error. At least you'll be 'battling' a real belief system and not mistaken notions of a belief system.

Many people feel what you feel: something bad wielding power, 'end of the world' kind of stuff. If you study other belief systems you may find allies rather than enemies.

My suggestion is: Spend more time reading intelligent books than posting on forums.

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 04:58 AM
link   
Joining a Christian Forum site might be fine, though I've never tried one.

I wouldn't recommend leaving ATS just because some troll wants to goad you into a pointless argument. Just don't respond to those sorts of people, on any subject, even if they pretend they just want to have a peaceful discussion, because they are just trying to get you all riled up, and a peaceful discussion is the last thing they actually want.

Never, ever, ever feed the trolls!

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by The time lord
Save them from being either left behind or waiting the next ressurection after the 1000 years where their actions are judged on what they have done wrong where Christians are judged on what they are done right.

What?

I dont believe in that so why would you try to push your religion on to myself or other people who think like me? Seriously, I dont care what you believe in, I respect that, but please keep it to yourself. I dont want to hear about how Im going to be left on Earth when the rapture comes etc etc.

If you eant to preach, go ahead....but do it on a website about religion

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 04:12 PM
link   
reply to post by LiveForever8

Now where is your proof for this thing you call God?

He doesn't need to prove God's existence in this forum, unless the thread is specifically calling His existence into question in the OP then for arguments sake He is presumed to exist.

Read the OP in this thred if you don't understand the TOS of this forum:

ALL MEMEBRS READ - Moving Past Religion 101 and Staying On Topic

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 04:23 PM
link   
I may not believe in most of what you believe, (especially if you believe in a pre trib rapture or anything like that), but you need to ask yourself a couple of questions. Who are you serving? Is it better to serve those who are sick or those who are well?

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 06:28 PM
link   
The problem is that I do things on many levels.

One level is the sake of contribution effort on behalf of ATS.

Then a one to one level to have a discussion.

Another level is to add a different perspective like religion.

From religion, using it to wake people up since many lack knowledge of it.

From that lack of knowledge combine their beliefs like the super natural or NWO conspiracy into a global ancient religious point of view of the world.

Then add prophecy as a warning signs seem to be hotting up, no doubt there is that cooling off effect but at the moments the NUKES are still in dispute in this world.

Altogether I feel I have something important to say on many levels.
If one or two start to believe it won't do them harm, if people do not want to hear it then that is down to their level of tolerance which I cannot give a value for.

As for the afterlife argument, one was to explain to someone who kept giving one-liners as a basis of argument and two to say that heaven and hell is not black and white as it looks. You don't have to go to heaven to be saved, when the rapture happens you either live through the worst hell on earth in human history for 7 years or you make it through and help man repopulate the earth and serve God. If a single belief in Jesus may scrape you through then it is worth it, if you help others then it is even better.

[edit on 2-12-2009 by The time lord]

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 07:25 AM
link   

I agree with you, but please stop saying "hotting up". lol

Heating up.

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 07:36 AM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

Well, when he is calling me a 'lost sheep' and stating that i need to be 'saved' and will eventually be 'judged' by his so called God, i believe i have the right to question him.

Anyway, it was a tongue-in-cheek question.

Get off your high horse.

Peace.

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 08:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by LiveForever8

Well, when he is calling me a 'lost sheep' and stating that i need to be 'saved' and will eventually be 'judged' by his so called God, i believe i have the right to question him.

Anyway, it was a tongue-in-cheek question.

Get off your high horse.

Peace.
Sorry, no 'high horse' here. Pointing out the TOS to people too lazy to read the OP in a thread titled "ALL MEMBERS READ" is pretty elementary.

If you want to question if God exists, then start a thread. In this thread it's already accepted that He does for the sake of argument.

Cheers.

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 08:29 AM
link   

So, let me get this straight....

This thread has the title 'Shall i leave ATS for a Christian Forum site'. Was placed within the 'Religion, Faith, And Theology' section. Under the larger domain of the 'Chitchat Forum'.

I answered the OP's question with a 'Yes, yes you should. Peace.'

I then asked a series of questions......

Why must you spread your 'message' in the first place?
"save one person" Save them from what exactly?
Who is judging me then?
Proven right? How would that happen?

Then a joke is made about belief in spirits, in which i state i believe in spirits (spirits being alcoholic in nature). I prove this by presenting a picture of some bottles of rum.

I then say:

Now where is your proof for this thing you call God?

Tongue-in-cheek of course.

The time lord even adds to the joke by stating:

"Obviously there is Alcohol in space in a form of a cloud of vapour too so it must exist."

Now, it was all rather civil i believe.
I didn't mention God until the OP did. I asked a series of legitimate questions that were related to his numerous posts.

I just think you are being rather pedantic.

Peace.

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 08:40 AM
link   
reply to post by LiveForever8

You were the one violating the TOS for this forum, I just pointed it out to you. If you don't like the topic of religion or God then don't enter here and post.

Your reasons are moot, we cannot delve into deeper matters of religion if we have to constantly cater to posters who want to discuss Religion 101.

Now, with that said, if you don't believe God exists, then you're free to create your own thread calling this belief into question. but to interject the statement or question into a thread where we all assume for arguments sake that he does exist is just wasting our time.

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 08:45 AM
link   

Obviously you have no sense of humour. It was a tongue-in-cheek comment, a joke.

Look at it in context.

Peace.

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 08:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by LiveForever8

Obviously you have no sense of humour. It was a tongue-in-cheek comment, a joke.

Look at it in context.

Peace.
I have a robust sense of humor actually, however what i have been dancing around is this:

What one person calls a "tongue-in-cheek" statement another person calls a "red herring".

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 03:19 PM
link   

There is absolutely no reason to 'banish' yourself from this site and chat with others who totally and completely agree with what you say.
I was told a long time ago, that the way to strengthen what you believe is to test it. So by undertaking a debate(of sorts)with people who might not necessarily believe the same as you, you can feel stronger about what you believe.
On the flip side, by opening your mind to another perspective, you can develop what you believe into what is true for you and not what is taught to you when you were younger.

I once, without question, believed everything I was taught in a Pentecostal Christian environment, but after a while of tiring myself out TRYING to believe, I thought about what it was that I ACTUALLY belived.

The result is not taking in ideas and doctrines, dogma and tradition, but actively seeking what I hold to be MY truth, not someone elses.

We have a certain 'free-will' in our time here. Use that free-will and you'll find yourself truely free.

Much love...

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 10:32 AM
link   
Maybe I have changed a bit since I started but so has the world, since the clash of civilisations with BigBrother, political correctness, sharia law and Islam and the rumours of wars I guess I put my Christian gloves on. Not in a form of a radical but in a form of worry and help people get out of it so it is more a question of rescuing people, be it in faith or taking away the delusion that is here like a hypnotic mind control over people.

Life in my reality is not as atheist looking as it should be, and no doubt if the powers of good and evil do exist then the people in trouble on ATS who express these concerns like alien abductions or ghosts and funny looking people then I hope with some spirit people like me can cut those paranormal realms up a bit that give people worry and confusion.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join