It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It All Makes Sense Now!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 10:57 AM
link   
A picture is certainly worth 1,000 words and in this case it is truly priceless. Obama has surrounded himself with rank amateurs. Only 8% of Obama's cabinet have private Sector experience. The lowest of any president going back to Teddy Roosevelt. Follow the link to see the actual chart.

A friend sends along the following chart from a J.P. Morgan research report. It examines the prior private sector experience of the cabinet officials since 1900 that one might expect a president to turn to in seeking advice about helping the economy. It includes secretaries of State, Commerce, Treasury, Agriculture, Interior, Labor, Transportation, Energy, and Housing & Urban Development, and excludes Postmaster General, Navy, War, Health, Education & Welfare, Veterans Affairs, and Homeland Security—432 cabinet members in all.

When one considers that public sector employment has ranged since the 1950s at between 15 percent and 19 percent of the population, the makeup of the current cabinet—over 90 percent of its prior experience was in the public sector—is remarkable.

blog.american.com...

[edit on 30-11-2009 by jibeho]

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 11:00 AM
link   
GWB's experience is high, really?

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 11:04 AM
link   
reply to post by platipus

You might want to reread the article. It pertains to the President's cabinet members not the President. If it pertained to Obama, he would have ZERO private sector experience.

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 11:04 AM
link   
reply to post by platipus

who said anything about Bush?Get a new song Mr.Yesterday

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Well I would rather have a president who is not being swayed too much by the private sector-

Better luck next time, me

Wishing you worse luck next time

[edit on 30-11-2009 by Janky Red]

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 11:44 AM
link   
We are the private sector, as a matter of fact we're so private we're ignored. I'd rather have first hand experience, and some one leading from the front, rather than appointments made as favors and paybacks.

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 11:54 AM
link   
The orders still come from behind the curtain for anything important - as if anything can be done for the economy without total control of the Fed.

The Fed sets interest rates and money supply - the only other critical factors are what price do you pay for labor, manufactured goods and commodities - those should be sourced domestically - but due to 'free trade' aka globalism, they are set externally by international conditions.

The only things under control belong to the Fed - unless you are going to support your local manufacturing with duties and tarriffs - which I think is necessary, but the corporate giants wont change.

So who cares what Obama thinks, or what advice he gets? Its all specious semantics.

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by HappilyEverAfter
We are the private sector, as a matter of fact we're so private we're ignored. I'd rather have first hand experience, and some one leading from the front, rather than appointments made as favors and paybacks.

The problem is that only 8 percent of his cabinet have any private sector experience. They are all born and bred out of the public sector. A public sector filled to the brim with fat bureaucrats, over spending, red tape and corruption. These clowns wouldn't know about efficiency and P/L if it bit them in the butt.

I would at least like to see someone who has at least managed a business or two in their life advising the President on the needs of the private business owner.

This administration is completely disconnected from private enterprise and the entrepreneurial spirit that built this nation. This is an administration of the gimme gimme, progressive crowd who are set out to socially reengineer our once great nation.

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 12:26 PM
link   
So 92% of his cabinet members have not been influenced and corrupted by the private sector?

Just the government sector.

Both sectors are completely corrupt. Big Business vs Big Government. The only difference is one is supposed to be bound by the Constitution. The other just does what they want.

So...what's your point?

A different type of corruption?

A CHANGE of corruption?

Point well taken.

But nothing new.

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 12:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Snarf

Not all private sector businesses are Wall Street conglomerates. What country do you live in? Nice spin attempt though.

It is the smaller businesses that make America run on a daily basis. Who do you call when your toilet takes a crap on you during Thanksgiving with the in-laws? Who do you call when your furnace quits in the middle of February? Where do you take your car for service? Where do you go for a brew and a burger on a Sat. night?

It is the representation of the private sector as a whole that is missing from this administration. Hence the MAJOR disconnect that has been occurring since day one.

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 12:47 PM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

It is the smaller businesses that make America run on a daily basis

So then, by your assessment, there are a lot of advisers in Washington that represent SMALL business and not large corporations?

Whatever helps you sleep at night.

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 12:48 PM
link   
A little bit of history about the website (blog) of which the article's author is editor-in-chief:

In its original incarnation, TCS was primarily funded by sponsors that included AT&T, The Coca-Cola Company, ExxonMobil, General Motors Corporation, McDonalds, Merck, Microsoft, Nasdaq, and PhRMA. However, according to the website, the sale of the journal in 2006 rendered all previous sponsorships expired.

en.wikipedia.org...

It is not surprising to me that a blog created by multinational corporation$ is now railing against the fact that Obama is not tapping their ranks for economic advisors. Funny how this article was written the same week Obama turned his back on thousands of insider corporate lobbyists. .

Reading between the lines, it is pretty obvious to me who is paying this author's salary.

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 12:50 PM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

Just wanted to point here then you guys can continue with your war of words

According to the White House website:

The Cabinet includes the Vice President and the heads of 15 executive departments — the Secretaries of Agriculture, Commerce, Defense, Education, Energy, Health and Human Services, Homeland Security, Housing and Urban Development, Interior, Labor, State, Transportation, Treasury, and Veterans Affairs, as well as the Attorney General.

Six others have “cabinet-rank” status: White House Chief of Staff Rahm Emanuel, EPA Administrator Lisa Jackson, OMB Director Peter Orzag, U.S. Trade Representative Ronald Kirk, U.S. Ambassador to the United Nations Susan Rice, and Council of Economic Advisors Chair Christina Romer.

Vice President, plus 15 executive department heads, plus six others: 22 people.

If only 10% had private sector experience, that would be 2.2 of them. Each of the 22 people comprises about 4.5% of the cabinet. Two of them with private experience would be 9% of the cabinet. Three with private experience would reveal the chart to be in error. Would it be possible to create a cabinet of 22 people and have only two of them with private experience?

Obama ’s well-qualified cabinet: Conservatives hoaxed by “J. P. Morgan” chart that verifies prejudices

There is a complete tally given of each and every member of Cabinet official of Obama admin and their qualification.

In the end it says

AEI’s claim that the cabinet lacks private sector experience is astoundingly in error, with 77% of the 22 members showing private sector experience — according to the bizarre chart, putting Obama’s cabinet in the premiere levels of private sector experience. The chart looks more and more like a hoax that AEI fell sucker to — and so did others

Thank you, please carry on with the witch hunt.

[edit on 30-11-2009 by December_Rain]

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 01:52 PM
link   
reply to post by December_Rain

Nice digging!! I guess I fell for it as well as Forbes.com. For the full story read on www.forbes.com...

Just another example of data manipulation. I suppose it is just a matter of how you view the data. I am still not impressed with the performance of Obama's administration.

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by jibeho
reply to post by December_Rain

Nice digging!! I guess I fell for it as well as Forbes.com. For the full story read on www.forbes.com...

Just another example of data manipulation. I suppose it is just a matter of how you view the data. I am still not impressed with the performance of Obama's administration.

There is a lot of tripe being thrown in both directions. . And much deliberate misinformation. . This site is a great tool for getting to the truth behind these lies and half-truths. The truth is not partisan.

*star* for you for following up on the source and questioning it even at the expense of your thread. Intellectual honesty is rare these days.

[edit on 11/30/2009 by clay2 baraka]

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 02:15 PM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

No worries a respectable website like Forbes should know better, but it seems it fell for business interest this time than actually reporting the facts.

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Well, this story just gained more attention and is about to grow legs. Glenn Beck just finished discussing and presenting the same chart that was referenced in the OP during his 5pm broadcast.

All eyes will be looking to see if the claims made in this report are actually valid. Perhaps it is a little to soon to call it a hoax. I guess it all depends on how one separates private sector from the public sector and lawyers and lobbyists from CFOs and COOs.

Let the games begin...

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 11:04 PM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

Glen Beck???

There's someone i'd put MY trust in .....

new topics

top topics

join