It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

what if aliens arent that smart?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Does anyone else think its possible that they may have a natural source of fuel on thier planet equivalent to the likes of our oil, coal, natural gas etc. that can perform at far superior levels to our fossil fuels.

Our daily mode of transport for millions of people worldwide involves the use of an internal combustion engine that pollutes our air by burning petrol, this is apparently the best and most cost efficent way we can travel around our own cities, towns, countries etc.

but perhaps they have something that we cant even begin to imagine, but because its natural on thier planet, they've had time to refine and perfect it.

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 02:43 PM
link   
reply to post by spacevisitor

1) No.

2) Sure. Why not. Everyone else seems to know about how they can cloak and travel faster than light and defy other laws of physics. I happen to know that they are easy to fly.

3) The unruly behavior; Abductions, vandalizing crops, killing innocent animals. All that stuff. They're just delinquents...thugs in stolen vehicles.

[edit on 11/30/2009 by Phage]

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 02:46 PM
link   
I always thought that if they had worked out the technology to get here then they were a lot more advanced than us. But I had never thought about the whole "what if they had a lot more materials and fuel on their planet" theory...

It depends how far you look into things but if you believe the whole cow mutilation, people abducted for experiment stuff then it basically points to the fact that maybe they aren't as advanced as we'd like to think. If they are learning about us...

Phage? Where do you stand on the "do aliens exist" question? Aswell as do you think Nasa know more than they let on?

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by ulsterman
Does anyone else think its possible that they may have a natural source of fuel on thier planet equivalent to the likes of our oil, coal, natural gas etc. that can perform at far superior levels to our fossil fuels.

Using such a source would in my opinion definitely limit their travel distance and travel speed, just as it limits the travel distance and travel speed of our space shuttles today.

Our daily mode of transport for millions of people worldwide involves the use of an internal combustion engine that pollutes our air by burning petrol, this is apparently the best and most cost efficent way we can travel around our own cities, towns, countries etc.

That is apparently the best and most efficient way we are supposed to believe we have today of course.

but perhaps they have something that we cant even begin to imagine, but because its natural on thier planet, they've had time to refine and perfect it.

Don’t you think it is more logic that they would use an energy source which is available everywhere and unlimited, for instance the so called zero point energy or vacuum energy.

en.wikipedia.org...

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 03:30 PM
link   
I definitely think that the Alien's home planet has the natural resources capable to construct space craft. However I don't think we can out-smart them.

If you believe the same Aliens presently here today (if you believe) are the same Aliens who built the Pyramids...

By our standards, we would not consider them "dumb".

However, "dumb" if you mean why they haven't taken over the planet or taken the oppurtunity to do something to us, then yeah sure "dumb", i.e. slow.

You can consider them "dumb" for watching our stuipid mistakes grow.

Maybe my thoughts will lead the discussion into Alien motives....

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by spacevisitor

1) No.

If it wasn’t the Roswell craft, which alien craft do you meant then?

2) Sure. Why not. Everyone else seems to know about how they can cloak and travel faster than light and defy other laws of physics. I happen to know that they are easy to fly.

Please elaborate more here about how you know that these alien crafts are so easy to fly?

3) The unruly behavior; Abductions, vandalizing crops, killing innocent animals. All that stuff. They're just delinquents...thugs in stolen vehicles.

Please elaborate also more here about what you really mean by those delinquents, and those kind of stolen vehicles?

[edit on 30/11/09 by spacevisitor]

[edit on 1/12/09 by spacevisitor]

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 03:35 PM
link   
reply to post by ulsterman

Each planet with sentient life has Watchers...
...they are essentially spirit beings, at least that's how they appear to us...
...but to each other they are solid...
...light to them is as water is to us, they bath in it and it refreshes and sustains them...
...they are skillful, powerful and intelligent.

The role of the Watchers is to...well...'watch' but also to assist...
...as humans might watch over a nature reserve...
...where the role is to manage freedom by maximizing opportunity for the fulfillment of the creatures within it...
...and to effect rescue if required.

However, the Watchers on our planet were rebellious...
...and went outside of their intended role...
...and began interferring with the inhabitants...
...like game park rangers who found the Baboons attractive and decided to mate with them...
...or genetically manipulate them to produce a species to be there servants.

This is described in Genesis like this, "...the sons of God saw the daughters of men that they were fair; and they took them wives of all which they chose....there were giants in the earth in those days; and also after that, when the sons of God came in unto the daughters of men, and they bare children to them, the same became mighty men which were of old, men of renown." Genesis 6:2-4

The Watchers produced offspring by some form of intercourse or genetic manipulation...
...and produced new creatures referred to as giants...
...the Hebrew word is Nephyl...
...they were large, violent and without emotions and affections common to man...
...and they had inborn metabolic errors that made them naturally deficient iin some endogenous vitamins and amino-acids...
...which made them crave for blood to correct the deficiency...
...it is from them we get out Vampire mythology.

Their intelligence was not the academic kind but more a cunning that was used to exploit their superior size and strength to subjugate and enslave...
...their real advantage though was their connection to the Watchers...
...and the Watchers used them as pawns in an attempt to destroy the 'world of men'.

The 'aliens' are Nephyl...
...their technologies are developed by the intelligence of the Watchers...
...and they are being used as pawns in an attempt to destroy and replace the 'world of men'.

Ironically, there are men who are eager to Disclose them...
...who like primative 'cargo cultists' desire their superior technologies...
...which is exactly what the Watchers have planned.

[edit on 30/11/09 by troubleshooter]

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 03:37 PM
link   
personaly i think we play ourselves short a lot. I think people are a lot smarter than we give ourselves credit for.

I dont see why ET's would have to be smarter than us. They just need to have had enough time and resources to come up with the technology. They could be "thick" but have had a long time working out their science, or they could be smart and have developed the tech required in no time. Alternatively maybe they cant travel faster than light but came here the long way, maybe faster than light travel IS impossible, and they came to the same conclusion.

In any case when we meet them we wont be able to tell the difference, because you cant judge them on human standards, theyd seem very alien and mystical at first no matter what.

~TR

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by troubleshooter

well they dont seem to be doing a good job

~TR

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tomb_Raven

well they dont seem to be doing a good job

Who is not doing a good job...the Watchers of the Disclosers?

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 04:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Tomb_Raven

good point

i like the way you put it

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 04:16 PM
link   

if our watchers were rebellious and messed it up for us a long time ago, how do we fix it or correct it for the future

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 08:22 PM
link   

if our watchers were rebellious and messed it up for us a long time ago, how do we fix it or correct it for the future

There is nothing we can do but watch, wait and warn other men...
...and be on the right side when it happens.

An execution notice has been issued for the Watchers and the clock is running down and they know there is a time...

"Have you come here to torment us before the time?" Math 8:29

...but like anyone on death row the time is not set by the doomed...
...that's the reason the Disclosure dates keep failing...
...it's not up to them how the last events play out but up to the One they rebelled against.

The battle for the 'world of men' will be over soon and everything good will be restored.

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 08:54 PM
link   
Once upon a time, when I visited this site under another name, I created a similar thread to this one.
It was called:

Visitors may not have had Nuclear Technology.

And, I had wondered about a similar situation.
What if the Aliens had certain technologies, but were clueless when it came to other ones.
What if they were in awe when they saw our Nuclear Might, etc.
Worth checking out maybe...

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 09:04 PM
link   
The human race is what we percieve to be intelligent. I think we are a dumb race, i dont care about how far our technology has reached...If you were looking through a window at planet Earth, you perhaps see a bunch of dummies, doing the same thing everyday, feeding out faces, working, home, sleeping, then doing it again. I imagine every race thinks they are the most intelligent.

What if there was a scratch at your door and a blob laid there, appearing to be drooling, but you look up and there's a great huge Mother Ship, could you put that together??? How would you think that one out? Would you think this "supposedly super high technology machine is being flown thru different dimensions by this ...blob?????

How do we tell whats intelligent and whats dumb?

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 10:23 PM
link   

However I don't think we can out-smart them.

Personally, I think we already have out-smarted them.

If humans were to get to the point that we defeat the problems of death, travel, power, hunger, sickness, and every other obstacle and hazard that we face, we would find ourselves with nothing left to fear or overcome.
After thousands of years, we would probably end up losing a lot of the traits we originally needed to survive.

What might be left over, would possibly be a very powerful race of child-like beings.

If a race like that, ever visited Earth, and came across the wrong people...

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 10:32 PM
link   

Aliens are just satans henchmen, nothing more.

And we'll be seeing a bunch of them freaks coming out of the sky before too much longer...a cpl yrs or so.

If you do a search for barry chamish and sightings, you'll find a story he did about kadima in Israel...these things have been sighted there on and off for about 10 yrs or more...generally freaking people out. leaving heavy footprints behind for some of them...and sulphury stenches in other areas...pretty creepy across the board.

These are beings from another dimension crossing over to intimidate the folks that see them....

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 03:33 AM
link   

First and foremost, if E.T.s do exist and i personally believe they do, and they are visiting earth form who knows where, why does everyone automatically assume that they have far superior technology and brainpower to us humans. what if the planet they are from just happens to have an element or metal that we dont have here or some kind of natural energy that they were able to harness to travel great distances. What if by pure chance thier planet just happens to be beside a wormhole or something that they can travel through.

If their planet was next to a wormhole they were using to travel here, wouldn't the other end of the wormhole be near us? But they might be associated with black holes which are hard to spot so maybe that's why we haven't noticed it. I have read about theoretical travel through wormholes but it seems unlikely through natural wormholes. Creating artificial wormholes would take huge energy and significant technology, as would other types of faster than light travel. So I guess that's why it's assumed they would be either smarter than us or at least many years ahead of us if equally smart.

Exactly how much dumber than us they can be and still develop such technology is a question that's hard to answer, but look at our closest relatives, other primates. They aren't as smart as us, do you see them developing any technology? I don't think chimps will develop spaceships unless they evolve more into something smarter. So there's a limit to how much less smart they can be I think.

I like the creative thinking of some posters saying they might have stolen or back-engineered spaceships from smarter races

My last thought is that I don't think it was an alien spaceship we shot at in the battle of LA, but if it was, and the aliens are smart, they would probably keep their distance from us since they now know how we like to shoot first and ask questions later

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 03:41 AM
link   
I agree...Also though...

Why do we assume Aliens are more or less our size???.. they could live on planets 1000 x bigger than the earth.

Plus why do we assume they have eyes, ears, arms etc??? Just because we use these tools doesn't mean they are needed in all environments.

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 05:23 AM
link   

Your post is more well-behaved than a lot of what I encounter on this website.

So many others name call and shout (all caps) and contribute to arguing.

If you are kind and civil, I think you're a nice addition to the site.

As far as aliens being not so smart, well, if they can get to Earth, I'd say they are at least as smart as we are since we can travel to the Moon and such.

Unless they live on the Moon or Mars or another close planet, then they are traveling far greater distances than are possible for humans. So, if they exist, their technology is superior. Who knows? Maybe they live amongst us.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join