It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

what if aliens arent that smart?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 10:37 AM
link   
Hello everyone,
This is my first time starting a thread so hopefully it turns out right.

Well the reason I'm writing this is because I was just thinking the other day that, what if E.T's are not as smart and as advanced that we all give them credit for?

First and foremost, if E.T.s do exist and i personally believe they do, and they are visiting earth form who knows where, why does everyone automatically assume that they have far superior technology and brainpower to us humans. what if the planet they are from just happens to have an element or metal that we dont have here or some kind of natural energy that they were able to harness to travel great distances. What if by pure chance thier planet just happens to be beside a wormhole or something that they can travel through.

Almost all of the posts I've read about E.Ts here peaople are always assuming that they are thousands of years more advanced than us, but who's to say they arent just as impressed with certain technology that we have. maybe we dont give ourselves enough credit. look at the magnificent buildings we built thousands of years ago.Perhaps they were just lucky to be born on a planet that has all the right materials to be able to build spaceships. our planet has oil and coal and natural gas, god only knows what thiers has.

So if anyone has any ideas or any points to add I'd love to hear them.
cheers everyone

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 10:42 AM
link   
reply to post by ulsterman

Nice post ulsterman

This is something i think of regularly.

After all, if we have alien technology, as some people believe, then what does that make us?

Last time i checked, we weren't so clever and wise. Yet we could be zapping around space right now, visiting other planets.

Does that make us clever, advanced, wise? Nope.

It just means we got lucky. By that i mean a UFO crashed here and we back engineered it.

Peace.

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 10:45 AM
link   
An addition to this is what if we are first...

yes the odds of us being alone in the universe is almost impossible but what if we were just the first species to get to space? I mean someone has to be first right? why not us? what if all the others still have hundreds of thousands of years to evolve till they reach our level?

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 10:47 AM
link   
reply to post by freakyclown

Because our solar system, our sun and our planet is relatively young compared to the estimated age of the universe.

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 10:59 AM
link   
Or.... Perhaps there are even cases of Very advanced interstellelar civilizations enslaving whole planets and species of "dumber" life-forms and using them as slaves or robots to do things like enslave other planets, take out the trash, polish their tentacles.

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 11:13 AM
link   
We aren't that advanced as far as technology if you think about it. We only harnessed electricity in the last 300 years.

The fact that we have to back engineer their crafts (and have a hard time doing so) speaks volumes.

But the idea itself is interesting.

Imagine a planet where the citizens pooled their resources into building a massive telescope. Instead of paying some tax to fund useless never ending wars (hah!) they used it to build this telescope instead. With this telescope they could be watching us!
Imagine how fast they would start working on their space program.

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 11:20 AM
link   
Great post, OP! I think about that too sometimes. I also wonder if maybe *we* are the aliens that we seek and don't even know it. What if our bodies are just vessels that the supposed transparent beings on the moon incarnate into to be able to experience life on this planet? That might explain the grays' 'upgrading' certain people or bloodlines via their medical procedures. Since there's no way for us to know, anything's possible.

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 11:32 AM
link   
I have thought the same...that aliens may actually be pretty dumb in some ways yet more intelligent in others, compared to humans atleast. As if they made a quantum leap in technology without really understanding the technology itself. Like humans finding out about electricity yet not understanding what it actually was. They could also be emotionally dumb. I don' think it's possible to build up a civilization by being this...but hell, its a big universe with many possibilities.

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Aliens aren't dumb. There is no way a dumb ET race could travel the cosmos and arrive in our Solar System, and remain undected by amature astronomers and photographers.

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 11:47 AM
link   
sometimes i have this fantasy that the aliens come here, and they have always been of peace. Never before have they experienced violence, or war. However, collectively they decide that they need to take Earth by force. So not having any weapons their squadron of 1000s come to Earth and begin dropping boulders on our buildings from high up in the atmosphere, starting the war. Then we launch our fighter jets, drones, anti aircraft personnel, and advanced laser weaponry and blow them to **** in a matter of hours. The war is over and we have taught the aliens a lesson in what it is to be intelligent and brutal at the same time.

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 11:47 AM
link   
thanks for the comments so far.

im glad to see other people have at least considered this idea also

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 11:58 AM
link   
reply to post by podizzle

Actually kenetic bombs have been around for some years, and are amazingly effective

google for Project Thor or Rods from God

Using Tungsten rods dropped fom teh edge of space would impact with massive energy! I see no reason why a rock would impact any different for "your" dumb aliens

[edit on 30-11-2009 by freakyclown]

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 12:06 PM
link   
It's obvious that Aliens aren't all that smart after all. How long does it take to watch and listen to humans of earth, before one figures out that it would be best just to eliminate the whole human race rather than try to make friends with them or even to allow them to advance to the point where they may begin expansion to the stars.

Humans that work hard and succeed are the hosts, humans that don't work and suck the lifeblood out of others are leaches. And some call this Intelligent life forms? A truly intelligent life form would wipe out the leaches.

Odds are, if you disagree with this, you're probably one of the leaches.

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 12:13 PM
link   
It's not so much that they're 'dumb', but different civilizations and beings will obviously have different modes of thinking and thought process patterns than we do.

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by ulsterman

I think a major advantge we could have is really psychological. I think that E.T.s might not understand alot of things we do, or how we do things...the WAY we do things. I think maybe they've been trying to figure us out for a long time...and maybe even are a little afraid of openly confronting us. I think perhaps their technology is superior in that it allows for superior stealth and speed, maybe traveling unnoticed through other dimensions, etc... but I think when actually confronted with human logic they are frequently lost. Supposedly abductees, when returned after being examined or being taken on a little trip are put back in a very screwed up fashion: Clothes on wrong, etc. It's like the ET's thought they were being slick but in the end they really couldn't get the "human" aspect right. That means they can't alwayd predict what we'll do. They choose to use their technology to sit back in the shadows and observe. If someone (human) could just break this veil of incognito and truly figure out a large chunk of what the ET's are doing and how they do it, they might not expect it. It might send the reeling. They seem to have weaknesses that they need to conceal in spite of all their "superiorty".

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by ulsterman
First and foremost, if E.T.s do exist and i personally believe they do, and they are visiting earth form who knows where, why does everyone automatically assume that they have far superior technology and brainpower to us humans. what if the planet they are from just happens to have an element or metal that we dont have here or some kind of natural energy that they were able to harness to travel great distances. What if by pure chance thier planet just happens to be beside a wormhole or something that they can travel through.

Well, suppose those E.T.s could only have come here because they used your above “what ifs”, what I personally do not believe of course, don’t you think they must have nevertheless then a far superior brainpower to us humans because they where/are capable in making use and control them, and therefore are indeed capable of travel from wherever they come from, to our planet?

Originally posted by ulsterman
Almost all of the posts I've read about E.Ts here peaople are always assuming that they are thousands of years more advanced than us, but who's to say they arent just as impressed with certain technology that we have.

Well, here are for instance some small examples of what those E.T.s with their crafts are capable of comparing with our technology in the year 1952.

Summary:
The statement that UFOs normally only appear in desolate areas is definitely not true. Especially considering the 1952 buzzing of the White House, Capitol building, and the Pentagon. There were basically two separate waves of UFOs over our Capitol. The first occurred on July 19/20, and the second on July 26/27. The sightings were confirmed by ground and airplane radar, and visual reports from pilots sent to validate the objects.

Unbelievable Speed:

The irrefutable radar returns were seen at Washington National Airport and Andrews Air Force Base. Government officials were at a loss to account what was happening over their own air space. The blips traveled around 100 mph for the most part, but what was unbelievable was their ability to reach the astonishing speed of 7,200 mph when accelerating. The capabilities of the UFOs were far beyond our technological proficiency at the time.

Vanished From Sight:

The U.S. Air Force Air Defense Command was first notified of what was occurring by Andrews Air Force Base. Immediately, several F-94 night fliers were ordered to hunt down and verify the subject of the radar sightings. However, repairs being done on a runway delayed their response. There would be actual dogfights between the U. S. planes and the UFOs, with our planes being out-maneuvered.

Illusive Targets:

By the time our first missions were off the ground, the UFOs were nowhere to be seen. But, when our planes returned to ground, the UFOs were back, as if taunting our defenses. For hours, U.S. planes chased the illusive targets, yet without success. Pilots could actually see the perplexing objects, but as they approached, the lights of the UFOs vanished.

After the first wave of UFOs, there was a quiet week. But, on July 26, back they came. Again, there were multiple radar confirmations of the objects, and again F-94s were sent to confront the invading fliers. Pilots saw the same frustration as the week before. As soon as they approached the UFOs, the lights of the pursued blacked out. The frustration of our pilots could be summed up in an air to ground radio transmission, Theyve surrounded my plane, what should I do?

ufos.about.com...

I can go on and on of course, and even that would be only an insignificant fraction of what they in reality are capable of, but it is nevertheless in my opinion enough proof that they have indeed a far superior technology and brainpower to us humans.

[edit on 30/11/09 by spacevisitor]

[edit on 30/11/09 by spacevisitor]

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Certainly not dumb enough to have open contact with this feral planet !

....but dumb enough to protect us from the ones you wouldn't
want to meet .
...and probably dumb enough to save a few of us , in the event of
our self-inflicted , global nuclear obliteration.

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 02:02 PM
link   
Orrrr...

The "original" aliens (the smart ones) came in peace to a planet inhabited with rather stupid but aggressive aliens. The low sparked aliens commandeered the smart aliens' craft. Being highly advanced, the systems of the craft are so automated all it takes to operate them is to basically say, "Go there!".

Uh oh...this could be bad. Mean, stupid aliens out joyriding. It explains a lot.

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Like Time... Intelligence is relative.

We seem to think just because we've taken this road to technology A that ALL other races would have to have also taken that very same path... for all we know the basis of our entire physics might (while technically right) be completely off base compared to actual reality, in which case we've taken the long way to get to something relatively simple.

Thing is are we less intelligent because of it, or just misguided?

Do aliens have to be gods of the mind to actually function on the level we think of them... hell no. The same way if given a week or less you could have a first century peasant using your PC and surfing the web like anyone of us, texting his new friends on his brand new cellphone.

Id personally be very causious of anything that deemed themselves lightyears ahead of us in Intellect... simply because its a good excuse for them to say 'We know better than you, do as we ask thats a good boy'... and without them directly telling us, we'd never be the wiser.

Edit:- Come to think of it, why worry about the IQ of an Alien really... id be more inclined to know its EI since that would probably give you an idea of weather it'll enslave you or be a friend, id rather know if the thing was a psychopath over weather it was a competent egghead.

[edit on 30-11-2009 by BigfootNZ]

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
The low sparked aliens commandeered the smart aliens' craft.

Do you perhaps mean the Roswell craft here?

Being highly advanced, the systems of the craft are so automated all it takes to operate them is to basically say, "Go there!".

Do you really think such a smart alien craft would allow that so easy?

Uh oh...this could be bad. Mean, stupid aliens out joyriding. It explains a lot.

May I ask what it did explains a lot then?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join