It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Business Numbers are in ... 60 days from closing

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 10:12 AM
link   
ok, unless something miraclous happens, my ultra conservative business plan appears to be toast. 60 days from closing my computer store. I dont blame any one cause - as the records quite accurately show, its a combination of all factors.
Inflation and Unemployment are the top external causes for this failure.
we maintained adequate reserves - for 9 months negative cash flow. and out of the past 12 months, 10 were negative months. the only choices available now are how much of a ditch should I run. and I see no point in adding insult to injury. I will seek re-embursement from the Federal Reserve for violating its charter. another one bites the dust... only difference is this time its ME~!

and the scary thing is -- we still have at least 5 years to go - just show signs of life in the economy... I guess, I will dust off the tin cup and ask for hand outs. another bum - thats all the world needs...

[edit on 30-11-2009 by Anti-Evil]

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 10:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Anti-Evil

my brother in law runs his own cpu business as well

he does NOT have a store-front though - just built it through word of mouth and advertising with fliers and phonebook and google ads

perhaps you could do the same in the meantime, GL my friend

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 10:18 AM
link   
well, thats how i started and thank you. been there and done that. and more than likely thats what the future brings - unless, i drag the house into it -- then we will be going for broke...

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 10:18 AM
link   
Sorry to hear your best efforts didn't pan out.
You being an entrepreneur and all, I suppose you aught to scan the horizon for new opportunities.

... like maybe recruiting skilled but unemployed Americans for jobs in China or India, arranging their transportation and all ...

sorry mate, time for some creative thinking; maybe a little less conservative, too.

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 10:19 AM
link   

I wouldnt

oddly enough it looks like you live by me..

Im in tampa.. u in ORL area?

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 10:32 AM
link   
reply to post by GreenBicMan

winter haven, fl. half way between the two...
the whole area appears to be dying on the vine..,
but this is still be best location in Florida.
*highest land in Florida - less flooding
*lots of 100yr oak trees = no hurricane damage
*tons of lakes to enjoy - fishing at its best

I relied heavily on the Social Security system, I thought that would
cushion the economy some... I wildly over estimated the seniors staying
power. and if they are out of money... hold on to your jock straps boys..
this one is not like any of the other crashes...

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 10:34 AM
link   
Terribly sorry to hear that...frankly I think both liberals and conservatives have put a hurtin on this country...good luck

-Kyo

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Too bad you are a ways away from my bro-in-law in Sarasota.. he was looking to sell his book of business as well as he wanted to get out of this state (cant say I blame him)

Good luck though brother

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 10:36 AM
link   
I just noticed my neighbor up the road placed a wood sign attached to their mailbox advertising he does computer repair. You may be in competition with private people operating without the business costs of running a business. As more people become out of work, more under the table type business will start occurring.

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 10:37 AM
link   

sorry to hear that. I am in the same boat. But I am waiting on word of a job. So I get to pretend things are still good for a bit longer. It will be sad to close the doors of my dream. Been in business since 2000. The first 6 were fun. The last 3 have been a steady downhill slide. Smile and remember it will get better sometime in the future.

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 10:45 AM
link   
I dont know if you noticed but vista and windows 7 seem to be targeting the small computer shop. the issues I see it as, they built in a computer guy to go through the routines we tech's would normally go through to find and fix the issue.. windows 7 automated this... sort of made it brain dead. so even if it wasnt a economic thing - windows 7 is clearly taking aim at us independant computer geeks.

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 10:49 AM
link   
reply to post by network dude

I went through almost exactly this two years ago with my little shop...started on 2000, great first five to six years and then it kinda stopped overnight, and there really is a limit to how much you can put into it before it becomes a drain on your whole life. Cutting the cords isn't easy for any of us, but afterwards, it's not so painful. Usually the worry and stress about constant bills and dropping sales stops immediately and something else will arrive in your life to give you purpose and a much brighter outlook.

Anti-evil....I really do feel for you, but you will cope, and something good will come out of this. I promised myself that I will have my business again in some form, even if it's a shed at the bottom of the garden, or a little website. What killed me was the ridiculous cost of retail property and taxes. Sometimes we need to think outside the box and entertain the most unlikely solutions that don't cost a fortune to run. Let your natural inventiveness take over and like a previous poster said, be a little less conserative maybe...

Good luck to you, and keep us posted please.

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 10:53 AM
link   

havent tried windows 7 yet.. although i am guessing many dont have this yet either

my brother in law has found with the holiday and retail computer purchases he is getting busier and busier.. hope the same happens to you

new topics

top topics

join