It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A question about U2U

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 09:47 AM
link   
I wandered into my private messages box today (for the first time in about a week or so), and found a message I had not seen earlier; no wonder, really, since it was sent today.

However, I almost missed it because it was not in bold, as all the other messages were until I opened them.

I am far from being paranoid, but I have to wonder: did someone read the message before me? (Currently, nobody else has access to my PC, let alone to my account on ATS.)
Or is this just a new formatting thing?

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 09:52 AM
link   
If there is anything un-read in your U2U box the U2U tab will be red, in your tab features.

If it wasnot "red" then itmay have been looked at by yourself..."I've done that a few times"

and the title was just in BOLD so it looked un-read...just my .02 peso's

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 10:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Doc Holiday

Yes, but you see, I know for certain I did not "read" (= open) it myself.
As anyone who has ever sent me a message knows, I visit my private messages box so rarely that there is no way I could have done it unknowingly (not to mention that it was a fresh message).
And yet, it had the appearance of having been "read".

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 10:02 AM
link   
I've occasionally encountered this, most often with either staff or mass U2Us. I've also encountered the opposite, where a read thread stays bold and the only way to make the new U2U notification go away is to delete the U2U. It's a minor and very rare bug (I think I've run into it 10 times in the last 6 years) that just fails to flag a U2U as read or unread.

So most likely that is what you ran into. If you're worried someone else is accessing your account, you can always change your password here.

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 10:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Vanitas

If someone sends you the message... and then reads it in their outbox before you have read it in your inbox.... it goes grey, as if it's been read.

Very annoying

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by blupblup
reply to post by Vanitas

If someone sends you the message... and then reads it in their outbox before you have read it in your inbox.... it goes grey, as if it's been read.

Very annoying

Oh - I didn't know that!

Thanks!

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 10:25 AM
link   
reply to post by junglejake

Thank you.

I think, however, that Blup blup has nailed it.

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vanitas

Oh - I didn't know that!

Thanks!

No worries...not many on here do know that

I kinda sussed it out one day.

It usually gets put down to being a bug or some malfunction with this that or the other.... but yep.
If you send a U2U and then read it before the person you sent it to does... it's like it's an old message...

This is why people sometimes have trouble with the U2U button being red.

Glad i could help anyway

[edit on 30/11/09 by blupblup]

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 10:40 AM
link   
reply to post by blupblup

Huh... that's news to me.
Thanks!

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by LadySkadi

You're most welcome

new topics