It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Deja-Vu, Precognition and Premonition.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Gordi The Drummer

No need for translation there Gordi ... my daughter lived nr Loch Lomond for a few years and I have friends who live on Skye.

Woody

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 06:07 PM
link   

No, unfortunately I chocked it up to her mental state. There was no one I could confirm it with. I assumed she was off her meds. Yes, it was wild.

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 10:28 PM
link   

Sorry for the delay in replying, works been keeping me busy. The phone thing even happens at work, better then caller ID
Though, that's not the only thing I seem to be sensitive to if that's the right term. I can go places I've never been to (States, Cities, ect) and still know exactly where a road or street will take me without having to look at a map.

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 12:46 AM
link   
Just to add to the thread...

I remember one time a few years back, I was laying on my couch watching TV. I wasn't asleep, but I was definitely not fully conscious. There was some sort of news programing on, and they were reading off lottery numbers. As I stared at the TV I said all 9 correct digits in order before they were ever said on the TV. Needless to say, I was completely shocked and amazed at myself to the point where I got a sick feeling in my stomach. Nothing extremely substantial has happened to me since that however. Even though it was just a small event, it still gives me shivers.

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 01:26 AM
link   

Thanks for your kind words mate.

I agree with you - it's highly unlikely that it was just chance. I guess at times like this, I'm torn between the reality of my experience and my academically-conditioned critical analysis.

Nevertheless, simply due to my experiences, I've simply had to open my mind to other possibilities that exist outside the current scientific paradigm.

A great thread you've got here Gordi, and I feel very privileged and grateful to be part of it, as what I have mentioned to you so far, is something that I seldom discuss.

Cheers,
Matt

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 05:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by sealteamsix
Just to add to the thread...

I remember one time a few years back, I was laying on my couch watching TV. I wasn't asleep, but I was definitely not fully conscious. There was some sort of news programing on, and they were reading off lottery numbers. As I stared at the TV I said all 9 correct digits in order before they were ever said on the TV. Needless to say, I was completely shocked and amazed at myself to the point where I got a sick feeling in my stomach. Nothing extremely substantial has happened to me since that however. Even though it was just a small event, it still gives me shivers.

You wouldn't happen to know NEXT weeks lottery numbers by any chance???

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 05:35 AM
link   
reply to post by mckyle

Matt, you are very VERY welcome.

I always feel that you bring an educated balance to any threads that I've seen you participate in.
AND (very unusually)... you are not afraid to adjust your position, in light of the evidence presented, and that is something that I see as a great strength, and admire very much.

If you'd like the opportunity to discuss your other deja-vu/precognitive experiences out of public scrutiny? I'd be happy to hear them via u2u or email, if that helps? (I have found that putting difficult things in writing, does help me, even if I don't always share!)

take care,
G

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by woodwytch
There are a few other possibilities I could mention ...
1/ psychic abilitiy - voice/still pictures/moving images in your head (internal)
2/ OOBE
3/ premonition
4/ spirit-guide - whispering in your ear (external)

There's also the possibility of telepathy v. precognition. The telephone would be a good example. Most people have had the experience of knowing when the phone would ring and that's not necessarily precognition, but could be telepathy instead.

IF you knew the phone was going to ring, and at the other end was a machine, like an autodialer (telemarketer) and not even a human being...then it's precognition.

But if you knew the phone was going to ring AND you knew who the person was at the other end, especially if it were a family member, boyfriend/girlfriend/husband/wife, or a good friend...then you were likely experiencing telepathy, rather than precognition since the other person dialing you was THINKING about calling you...they projected that thought to you in thinking about you..and while they were physically dialing..you sensed and knew they were dialing before the phone rang. That's telepathy rather than precognition. Telepathy via phone could also occur to a stranger, i.e. knowing a stranger is going to call and something else about them, such as their job profession, what area of the country they are calling from, etc.

-----------
I tend to experience both types on the telephone, daily. I tend to find the telemarketers and their autodialers annoying and sometimes I'll just turn off the ringer before the machine calls and laugh at the callerID when the autodialer # shows up on the screen.

As for telepathy, most of the people who call me give out fake names, many fake professions, and some are even dumb enough to try to give me fake addresses. I usually tell the ones lying about their professions that I know what their real job is and tell them. As for fake address callers, I tend to give them a couple of warnings and if they don't stop, I'll go drive out to the neighborhood of the fake address they're giving and tell all the real people living there what his phone number is and what he's doing.

The people that I know, I tend to know that they'll be calling hours before they do or days before they do. Like someone I haven't seen or talked to in a year. I'll sense that they will be planning on calling me on a Saturday, when it's only Thursday. And they call on Saturday. I suppose that's a little of both telepathy and precognition.

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 02:42 PM
link   
reply to post by MapMistress

Hi MapMistress,
Your comments have made me think that, at least some of my experiences may be more telepathic than precognitive. Thanks for highlighting the distinction between the two.

I tried one of those online tests recently, (McKyles suggestion btw!) where you have to try and guess which symbol (from 5 Zener cards) is going to come up next.
I was rubbish at it! Twice in a row I scored EXACTLY as you should with chance alone... then I got worse!!!!

Ahh well, I never did trust the interweb!!

G

posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 07:50 PM
link   
I to have similar experiences. for me it feels a lot like de ja vu, but the feeling last longer. its hard to explain.

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 04:14 AM
link   

This in particular,happened to me back in 2007,while I was at the sea side(Black Sea),in Mamaia with my ex girlfriend. I don't know if it qualifies as a "ghost knocking" since the person wasn't dead yet. We were sleeping,and I had a weird dream: I was in a bus with my grandfather and a neighbour who was a good friend with my grandfather. And they were talking something,but I never understood what... After some time,the bus stopped in a station...and my grandfather asked me if I'm going with them,and I answered that "this is my stop,I have something to do"...and I left the bus...and the bus continued the road. Then I woke up because my girlfriend screamed...I was really sleepy,and I asked her what happened...and she said that she heard a hard knock on the wall(we were on 3rd floor in a hotel,the knock was on the exterior wall,what the hell?)... Next morning my mother called to tell me that my grandfather died in that morning,around 10am..the dream I had was around 2am. After a month,the neighbour died. And after exactly a year(same date,6 august as my grandfather) I almost had an accident.I was in a trip with some friends...and when we were going back home,at 5am in the morning on the highway "Bucuresti-Pitesti",we were driving at about 180km/h,and suddenly a car was in contrary sense with us...if we keeped driving he would have hit us...we tried to make a left and drive on the left side of the road,but a truck was comming fast...so our driver made a sudden right and we ended on a field(we also had luck,because we crossed between two trees). I instantly reminded about that dream and the knocking a year back...

This is my post from another thread...and as I said there too,I believe sometimes,someone or something gives us the chance to have a choice...but many people are not taking the right one.

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 07:45 AM
link   
I tend to have mostly dreams which tend to come true and they are accurate and happen almost once a week. Also before terrible things happen I tend to get a bad feeling which increases each day, through the feeling I was actually able to predict that a serious accident was going to happen a week before. The day the feeling was the strongest, I nearly lost my life through a accident.

posted on Jan, 25 2014 @ 07:34 AM
link   
My mothers friend told me a while back that my mom was having really scary dreams about dying in a car accident a few weeks before she actually died in a car accident. My dad confirmed this to be true as well. He says he thinks she might have convinced herself it would happen, so she subconsciously put herself in a position for it to come true. The only problem is, according to what I know about the accident, it was completely unavoidable. The driver of an 18 wheeler tampered with his breaks and hit my mom while she was sitting at a stop light.

I was only 4 months old at the time, and I hardly ever think about it, but I just had a Déjà Vu moment and got to thinking about premonitions. They think it happens because your brain accidentally redirects something that's happening now to your long term memory banks, so you perceive it as happening before. I guess that makes sense for Déjà Vu, but what about when something in your dreams actually comes true?

posted on Jan, 25 2014 @ 01:22 PM
link   

JohnnySasaki
My mothers friend told me a while back that my mom was having really scary dreams about dying in a car accident a few weeks before she actually died in a car accident. My dad confirmed this to be true as well. He says he thinks she might have convinced herself it would happen, so she subconsciously put herself in a position for it to come true. The only problem is, according to what I know about the accident, it was completely unavoidable. The driver of an 18 wheeler tampered with his breaks and hit my mom while she was sitting at a stop light.

I was only 4 months old at the time, and I hardly ever think about it, but I just had a Déjà Vu moment and got to thinking about premonitions. They think it happens because your brain accidentally redirects something that's happening now to your long term memory banks, so you perceive it as happening before. I guess that makes sense for Déjà Vu, but what about when something in your dreams actually comes true?

Hi Johnny,
(How the hell did you manage to find this old thread??? LOL)

Your mothers' premonition may actually fit in more with what Youaredreaming said earlier in this thread, about your mind having the ability to create thoughts/dreams which, if they meet the right "reality criteria", can be turned into reality itself?
Perhaps your mother dreamed about the accident, it passed the reality filter, and became real later on?
I wish I knew - and could explain better how it all worked, but I am non-the-wiser than when I started this thread I'm afraid.

Thanks for sharing your experience anyway!

G

posted on Jan, 25 2014 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Gordi The Drummer

JohnnySasaki

Hi Johnny,
(How the hell did you manage to find this old thread??? LOL)

Your mothers' premonition may actually fit in more with what Youaredreaming said earlier in this thread, about your mind having the ability to create thoughts/dreams which, if they meet the right "reality criteria", can be turned into reality itself?
Perhaps your mother dreamed about the accident, it passed the reality filter, and became real later on?
I wish I knew - and could explain better how it all worked, but I am non-the-wiser than when I started this thread I'm afraid.

Thanks for sharing your experience anyway!

G

Search function.

I wish I could dream really hard about a ferrari and then have one appear in my garage the next day.

posted on Jan, 27 2014 @ 09:13 AM
link   

Search function.

I wish I could dream really hard about a ferrari and then have one appear in my garage the next day.

Could you include a large holdall full of used bank notes? I think I left mine on the passenger seat....

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 11:45 PM
link   
I have had an ability for a long time and I don't have a clue what it is called or why I get it but it drives me crazy. I had been dating one of the guys I worked with and one day I got this really bad feeling and it was like I was supposed to be worried about something but I didn't know what that was. It happened several times until I finally identified what it was and I told my hair stylist, my mom and the guy that I was dating that we weren't going to be together. I kept telling him about this each time it happened and finally he asked me if I was going to leave him and I told him no. Then he told me to stop worrying about it because he wasn't going any place. Then one day after work I was going to make him dinner. We stopped by a small market to pick up the items I would need. I reached for some hamburger to buy and as I touched the hamburger someone said to me, "Don't buy it, you aren't going to eat it". I turned around to see who was there and there was no one in the store and no one around me. The clerk wasn't near me and neither was the guy I was dating. I said to myself, this is stupid, I'm taking it home right now and I'm going to make it. So I took it home, cooked it, the guy I was dating was on a Nordic track and I heard this thud. I ran into the other room to see what happened and he was on the floor unconscious. I called 911 and the paramedics came and took him to the hospital. They told me he had a chance to make it and I almost told them he did not and that he was already dead but I didn't say anything. When I got to the hospital, the doctor told me that he passed away from an irregular heartbeat and if he had been standing over him when it happened he could not have saved him. Needless to say, the hamburger never got eaten. Most of the time when this happens to me the feeling I get starts in the solar plexus and the closer to the event the stronger the feeling. I usually don't know the details of the event but normally as the event comes closer I can figure out who will be involved but not always. Lately, I've been getting these feelings in my solar plexus that someone is having a very difficult time emotionally and that they are depressed. This feeling comes and it goes. I've never gotten a feeling like this where someone is emotionally distraught. The feelings of an upcoming event happening is not the first time it has happened to me. I will appreciate any help in finding out more about what I'm experiencing and how to handle it.

posted on Mar, 9 2015 @ 11:33 AM
link   
a reply to: OneofTwo

Hi One,
Welcome to ATS!

That's quite an ability you have there, is it a gift or a curse I wonder?
I'll ask a couple of my more spiritual friends to read your post and maybe offer some insight?

regards
Gordi

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 08:48 AM
link   
Why not.

Knowing the phone will ring within 5 seconds, yep check.
Knowing who's on the phone before picking up or seeing the number, check.

Until I read up on lucid dreaming, I was always under the impression that everybody could alter their dreams.

Anyway, I shielded myself up completely a couple of years ago. It al started with little dejavu's. Small things like the phone or who was calling. And over time the events I saw before happening became bigger and more intense.

When I was 8 or 9 my friends and I would play behind our local townhouse. It had a bar, a gym and an indoor gymnastics hall. While we were goofing around, the gymnastics hall was being used by the volleyball team. The hall had windows that could be opened and closed vertically.

At one moment I was looking at one of my friends and then the dejavu kicked in big. I same the window being opened with big force. The friend I was looking at was hid by the corner of the window right in the head, I saw him falling down, bleeding really bad. I knew he was about to die and there was nothing I could do.

As the little movie in my head stopped, I ran towards him knocking him clear. At that moment the window opened with the same force I had seen, missing the head of my friend but instead knocking me in my shoulder.

You can surely imagine how amazed my other friends were. And after that time I made a pact with myself. Whenever a dejavu would kick in, I will act upon it, even if the risk is hurting myself.

Eventually my dejavu's became more and more intense and some other aspects started to surface. I could feel emotions of others, I could join people in dreams and more things like that. Problem was, I was started to lose myself.

When I was 27 my extra senses where at it's peak only to be amplified by a burnout. Having no emotional defense during that time I had no choice but to lock it all up. And frankly I'm not sure I will open those gates again. Im not sure I can control it.

Thx for reading

edit on 12-3-2015 by Liberator1 because: something went wrong with the format

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 01:59 AM
link   
Ok first time poster here.... Anywho some of my experiences: (Sorry kinda long!)

I have this thing when it comes to radios and songs that are going to play next. I remember the first time this ever happened to me. It was the mid 90s and we were listening to radio and and I really wanted to hear a specific song and bam next song up was the song I wanted to hear... It's been happening quite often since. This even happens when I use my iTunes (1000s of different songs)

This even happens to me at work (911 caller and police dispatcher) When an officer wants to run a plate or driver license, 8 out 10 times, I know the first number of the plate or the first letter of a driver license (so no, not the full number) it freaks out my co workers a bit lol

I can also remember while I'm dreaming that I have had that same dream before and I'll want to do something different like go through a door, than last time (yes, while I'm already asleep) I have also woken up from a dream and have gone back to sleep and continue the dream where it left off. I have also dreamt about friends and co workers that were pregnant and I knew what they were having while in the dream, and then when I see them again tell them about the dream and what they were having (before they knew what they were having) and I would be right. Those dreams I have been right every time. And yes I know I have a 50/50 chance lol.

One more thing, I can kinda read people. Mostly if they are having an affair (or look like they could be the type of person that would cheat) it's so weird. So I was recently new at my job in law enforcement and I hadn't really met all the officers, but I was going through some monthly reports and they would have pictures of officers out doing different things, well I came across this one picture of two officers and I could just sense that they were totally hooking up. And nothing stuck out in the picture at all. The picture was they were on scene filling out cite. Neither one was looking at the camera, neither one was smiling, nothing was odd about their body language, I just knew they had something going on. So about a month or two later it all comes out, that in fact they were having an affair. One got demoted the other got fired... I have another story like this but this is getting long...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join