It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Please tell me ATS won't become all Drugs and Politics

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 03:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord
Any discussion that brushes up against advocacy of personal recreational use (including legalization issues) will place that member in danger of an immediate ban from ATS.

I just do not understand that in regards to legalization issues. The conspiracy and legalization issues are like a racket and a ball, peanut butter and jelly, shoes and socks. Prohibiting discussion of the ramifications of prohibition and the rectification of said ramifications, a major one of which involves ending of prohibition or at least decriminalization, is gagging the membership on a very important part of the topic.

Of course, I haven't read the forum intro. thread in its entirety. Perhaps all the reasons and nuances of my concerns have been discussed there.

Weird how some little atoms in special arrangements are in fact the most worstest taboo. The world is completely mentally ill.

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 03:18 AM
link   
reply to post by MysterE

Don't worry, there is much too much censorship in the drug forum to allow that. I opened up a thread about meth use and how it is destroying my family, I am not a meth user and never referred to personal use, yet my thread was shut down. It was quickly becoming a thread for others who also are dealing with family addiction to this monster drug, but alas, it was shot down by the hand of censorship, I am actually considering leaving the site, as much as I have enjoyed my membership here, I feel that it is impossible to avoid the subject of drugs in this adult world, to ignore them and stifle our right to speak about them is just not what I ever expected to see at ATS, quite frankly it is ignorant. And I thought our duty here was to deny such.

[edit on 1-12-2009 by space cadet]

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 03:34 AM
link   
reply to post by space cadet

That's another major aspect. The issues of substance abuse are of a personal nature...by nature, rather than legal. The criminalization approach has of course had plenty of time to prove its worth as a means to combat addiction.

It's a big, bad world. I mean, are we really protecting the kiddies here? Hmmm...

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 03:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by space cadet
reply to post by MysterE

I feel that it is impossible to avoid the subject of drugs in this adult world,

[edit on 1-12-2009 by space cadet]

This is what suprises me.

I was an adventurous young person 25 or so years ago and tried a few things. None of it ever impressed me.

I am constantly suprised by the number of people who are dealing with drugs and drug use on an every day basis. I just don't see it that much. and I don't understand why it is such an important part of many peoples lives.

I don't use them so I try to keep my nose out of the business of those who do but sometimes I can't help but wonder what people could be thinking.

Hopefully the members who use the drug conspiracy forum will get some useful discussion out of it but I can't see it taking over. The rules are still in place and things will calm down soon.

The drug threads are a lot less obtrusive than some of the one sided hate fests that go on around here.

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 07:44 AM
link   
Open your eyes to one of the biggest conspiracies around! If you feel the need to be ignorant of these things then why not avoid the section of the forum? Don't get intimidated by all the new information for flowing to ATS.. Thats what happens when you first open new doors. It'll slow down soon.

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 08:54 AM
link   
At the risk of being redundant, I want to clarify that I am not against the new drug forum, however I am against the mis-use of the forum. So those of you who are quick to call me ignorant PLEASE re-read the OP.

-E-

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 10:00 AM
link   
reply to post by MysterE

Sorry, I was quick to comment. My first reaction was that of when we had the chance to actually talk about drug related topics in the past but everyone just jumped on the "lalala I don't want to hear it. please sensor this, ext" wagon.

Should have read through the whole thread, just don't want to lose the topic or have the original bias sponsorship back again.

I agree though, I wouldn't want ATS to just become a flurry of the same threads over and over saying "legalize so I can get high." Theres lots of important and conspiracy related topics it shouldn't have to repeat much... But I trust ATS mods can do way better then just censoring the whole topic.. There has to be much harder sections to manage for them, I have faith in them.

[edit on 12/1/2009 by Bumr055]

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Bumr055

Couldn't agree with you more!

-E-

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 03:21 PM
link   
reply to post by MysterE

Okay, with all due respect, this is exactly what Washington D.C. is, so what's different?

Marion Barry Proclaims Innocence In CNN Interview (7.16.09)

POLITICIANS SON WAS ARRESTED FOR DRUG DEALING

While I sure can see your point, choose to rise above it, and not become a part of the problem, by being a part of the solution.

Sooner or later, this will get pushed into the same exact category like the Swine Flu thread pandemic, and U.S. Political Madness pandemic.

Administration's of all sizes, eventually become complacent, predictable, and outmoded.

I choose not to post in those forum areas, just like I choose not to post in the new and improved Alternative Substances forum, not because I cannot keep up, but because I choose to be taken seriously.

I suggest you do the same.

[edit on 1-12-2009 by SpartanKingLeonidas]

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 11:47 PM
link   
I see what the OP is saying and kinda agree. What people have responded with "in the 9/11 board people talk about 9/11"
Not really the case in all boards
In Alternative News people discuss mainstream news.
In conspiracies in Religion Atheists and Christians troll eachother hard there is RARELY a conspiracy there.
In politics it is politics not too much conspiracy it is really just Obabma is EVIL and obama is GREAT!!!
General conspiracy is cool the UFO board is good as well. But the drug thing is kind of a step in the wrong direction. as of right now the top threads there is only one that has to do with conspiracy the rest are about legalization.
The only thing i want to know is how many things is "conspiracies in" going to be tacked on to? We just got drugs what is next Celebrity Gossip conspiracies, Conspiracies in sports and conspiracies in humor?

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 09:28 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 09:36 AM
link   
reply to post by MysterE

Wow 28 drug related threads on the Firehose?

Why?

Your right MysterE, that doesn't make much sense to me either.

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 09:50 AM
link   
*SNIP*

EDIT: to remove nonsense on my part

carry on

[edit on 22-6-2010 by Signals]

[edit on June 22nd 2010 by greeneyedleo]

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 09:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Signals

Please let staff handle this.

Thanks.

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 11:07 AM
link   
Always someone trying to impose their will on others.

That's the problem with the world.

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by theability
reply to post by MysterE

Wow 28 drug related threads on the Firehose?

Why?

Your right MysterE, that doesn't make much sense to me either.

Could it be because there is a huge conspiracy behind some drugs esp with the US....

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 11:11 AM
link   
Not a place for chit chat. Old thread bumped by troll.

Cosed.

[edit on June 22nd 2010 by greeneyedleo]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join