It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Please tell me ATS won't become all Drugs and Politics

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 09:17 AM
link   
So now instead of reading how Tiger Woods baby is a reptilian that was actually born in an underwater castle in Dubai, you have to read about MDMA, shut up.. god this is stupid waste of server space.. sorry

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 09:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by MysterE
The vast amount of non-conspiracy political threads was bad

The new "alternative substances" forum is intended for the exclusive focus on conspiracies related to drugs and drug trafficking.

Any discussion that brushes up against advocacy of personal recreational use (including legalization issues) will place that member in danger of an immediate ban from ATS.

For months our members have been (rightfully) asking for the ability to discuss the many valid and important conspiracies associated with illicit drugs. It's indeed an important topic that deserves a venue on ATS. But there will be no tolerance of recreational use, in any form, period.

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 09:20 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 09:20 AM
link   
reply to post by ufoptics

edit : no need

[edit on 30-11-2009 by GreenBicMan]

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 09:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by ufoptics
reply to post by blupblup

OK, first off the medical thing is so over used and out dated.

Tell that to an MS or cancer sufferer

I smoked pot for one reason and only one reason...TOO GET HIGH.

Great... and hopefully you'll be banned for telling me that pathetic fact.

Admit it, get over the hype of this Med BS and speak the truth. Drugs are drugs, doesn't matter if they are natural, chemical, legal or illegal...they all do the same thing....move you from one reality to another, only for a brief time, but it does. Whatever that reality is/was....Pain, Stress, Fatuige, Nevres or whatever.

No they're not.
You have a clearly naive and misinformed understanding of what drugs are and are used for.

So all I am saying is be true to yourself as to why you support it....if shooting yourself in the head does indeed cure a headache, then by your logic it should be ok and legal for everyone to do that as well.
Peace

I support peoples right to discuss it...as i've said since this debate first raged.
I wont be participating that much as i don't have a great deal to say on the matter... but i find much of it to be fascinating to read.

Please don't assume everyone is 15yrs old and a "stoner" who supports this forum... because it;'s grossly inaccurate.

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 09:26 AM
link   
reply to post by GreenBicMan

Amazing... right below my post indicating anyone discussing personal use of drugs will be banned, someone posts about the personal use of drugs.

Sometimes drug-users provide the best examples of why one should take care as to what is done with one's body. (sigh)

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 09:28 AM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

No.. drugs have nothing to do with your average stupidity level in the USA, infact, it might be the opposite lol

There are no stupid questions, just stupid people asking questions

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 09:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by MysterE

As of now on the ats firehouse, there are 28 drug related posts, and 27 other

Keep in mind that a lot of folks have been championing the ability to have a drug conspiracy related forum for quite some time and they have finally gotten their wish. It is to be expected that with the inception of this new forum we would have a plethora of topics that folks have been holding back on.

It is my prediction and hope that once the novelty element wears off, and the "backlogged" topics have been posted, the forum will take its rightful place along the others without dominating the board pages, and will simply be another forum for valid discourse.

[edit on 30 Nov 2009 by schrodingers dog]

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 09:30 AM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

This is correct

Akin to buy/sell orders lining up at the market open over the weekend.. let it filter out

And what is with all the GD** bia-tching around here? Seriously.. what is the deal?

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 09:35 AM
link   
reply to post by blupblup

Thank you but my point wasn't about myself. I have been lurking daily on this site since 'Zorgon,'Springer' and 'John Lear' started the living moon page way back when and I am very inept on navigating around on this site. My point was for others that may not visit as frequently or have just been turned on to this site and want to see what we're about.
It's sad to say but people do judge a book by its cover and where do you go when you go to a new website?... The Homepage.

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 09:39 AM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

I truly feel for Y'all in admin. I see stupid people everywhere. (hope you banned the smart a$$ - thereby making your point. Talk about using and your banned. He jumped at the chance to defy you.
)

Was he Banned?

It seems some think they are above the T&C's of ATS. None of us are - not even Admin. Many also seem confused as to where the line is drawn in the sand concerning 'drug talk'. So we really need to be consistent with this until everyone gets it.

[edit on 30-11-2009 by Little One]

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 09:40 AM
link   
reply to post by geo1066

So instead of reading about the conspiracy surrounding drugs/spiritual use, you rather read BLATANT MISINFORMED/DISINFORMATION THREADS about the US DOLLAR and our ECONOMY? Perhaps a LIZARD BABY? How about another pointless thread about Ben Bernanke, which about .01% of this website is even knowledgeable about.

If we applied the "dumb" filter to everyone, we would have very few posts on this website. The ability for us to call an "EPIC FAIL" or add to a stimulating conversation is why you have a website like this.

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by genius/idoit
I agree and I am active in the political threads but I think that is a phase.Yesterday I started a thread (What if palin found out jesus did drugs)I thought for sure it would be deleted it had no conspiracy no politics and no drug content.I did it to make a point.Guess what?not deleted, people just posted like I was serious, even 6 months ago this would never been allowed to continue.I made two other threads yesterday,one about a theory on Edgar Casey and Atlantis and one with 150 years worth of articles from N.Y. times on global warming,guess what?The palin/jesus/drug thread got more replies.If you go some where else let me know where please.Thanks

Oh my that is hilarious, do you have a link to the Palin Jesus topic? I would love to read it.

[edit on 103030p://bMonday2009 by Stormdancer777]

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 09:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

Whats your point?

There about prob. over 100 archived threads about atlantis..

There is 1 about jesus and drugs/Palin

Get over yourself

EDIT: was talking to idiot/genius.. not u SD

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord
reply to post by GreenBicMan

Amazing... right below my post indicating anyone discussing personal use of drugs will be banned, someone posts about the personal use of drugs.

Sometimes drug-users provide the best examples of why one should take care as to what is done with one's body. (sigh)

Yup, I certainly would love to have a discussion about that.

Is that allowed?

Maybe I could word it in a conspiratorial way.

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 10:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Acidtastic

But there are many conspiracies related to drugs. Prohibition, education, distribution ect.

Yes education as with sex education, makes one curious, and I have seen kids experiment with drugs they new nothing about because of the drug education in the school system.

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 10:06 AM
link   
opps edit

[edit on 103030p://bMonday2009 by Stormdancer777]

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 10:07 AM
link   

edit: lost in translation

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by GreenBicMan

I wasnt talking to you

I know, TY, I corrected my post.

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 10:13 AM
link   
reply to post by MysterE

If you want to bring more variety to ATS forums make sure to open enough interesting threads on the topics you favor.

See I have been here of a very long time, I have seen ATS go through many changes, forums open, new boards and different crowds of people, trends don't last for ever they die and new ones are born, but is the members, yes us the ones that make possible for those changes.

The drug and politics are hot topics, they are here to stay at least for while.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join