It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Please tell me ATS won't become all Drugs and Politics

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 08:24 AM
link   
The vast amount of non-conspiracy political threads was bad, but if the future of ATS is as it has been since the new drug forum, then this may not be the right sight for me. I come to this site for CONSPIRACY, so if you are going to use the new drug board please, please be selective and make sure it has some form of conspiracy to it.

-E-

As of now on the ats firehouse, there are 28 drug related posts, and 27 other

[edit on 30-11-2009 by MysterE]

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 08:30 AM
link   
reply to post by MysterE

Well if you come to this site solely for conspiracies then this may not be the site for you... or just stick to the CONSPIRACY forums.... there's an idea huh?

You see in the Political forums... people discuss....yes, you've got it... POLITICS.

In the science forum they discuss mostly science related topics.

In the Conspiracies in religion...It's mainly religious conspiracies...

Are you seeing the pattern??

So if you don't want to read drugs or politics threads/subjects... don't read in those forums.

Simple...

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 08:33 AM
link   
reply to post by blupblup

I agree with BlupBlup

I have not noticed any large amounts of off-topic threads created in individual forums.

Alien forums talk about aliens
9/11 forums talk about 9/11
Ghost forums talk about ghosts...etc...

I see no reason to get all worked up simply because there are politics & drug discussions going on in a parallel universe.

If you don't like the programming - change the channel. It really is that easy.

link   
I agree and I am active in the political threads but I think that is a phase.Yesterday I started a thread (What if palin found out jesus did drugs)I thought for sure it would be deleted it had no conspiracy no politics and no drug content.I did it to make a point.Guess what?not deleted, people just posted like I was serious, even 6 months ago this would never been allowed to continue.I made two other threads yesterday,one about a theory on Edgar Casey and Atlantis and one with 150 years worth of articles from N.Y. times on global warming,guess what?The palin/jesus/drug thread got more replies.If you go some where else let me know where please.Thanks

link   
25 new threads and counting. Just in time for all of the bored kids who are now on or about to start Winter break. I guess there aren't enough drug related sites on the web these days. Come get your tips and ideas on ATS.

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 08:41 AM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

Yes thats a great idea/attitude, denial and abstinance sp?

Lets not educate our youth just tell them "no its illegal" when its in their school.
Lets not teach them self control, and moderation, because who needs moderation.

I agree with most of the above, if you don't like the subject, don't read it.

Not to mention your helping promote it by doing this..thread.
sorry just realized not your thread

[edit on 30-11-2009 by Doc Holiday]

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 08:42 AM
link   

Save the non-conspiracy stuff for BTS, ATS is for conspiracy, or at least it should be.

-E-

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 08:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by MysterE

Save the non-conspiracy stuff for BTS, ATS is for conspiracy, or at least it should be.

-E-

well, the people who own ATS/BTS disagree.

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 08:46 AM
link   

-E-

Well you have clearly misunderstood what ATS is about then.
I suggest you have a look around the site at all the subjects that are discussed here.. and then perhaps you'll come to the realisation that ATS is an Alternative subjects discussion board

If you want to read conspiracies... it is You that needs to stick to the right areas of the site... unless you fancy telling the owners how to lay out their site and how they've got it all wrong?

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 08:47 AM
link   

-E-

But there are many conspiracies related to drugs. Prohibition, education, distribution ect.

It's not a "come and get tips" esque forum. Posts like that will be deleated.

I can't see the problem, on a site where you can accuse the leader of a country of mass murder (see lots of 911 threads) but people get all up in arms cos there's a topic that "they" think is unsuitable. There is alwys the option of keeping out of that section.

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 08:49 AM
link   
Isn't the term "conspiracy site" just a catagory?

And I may need to re-read the topic rules, & T&C.
I just don't remember anywhere it stating that threads , "need to be conspiracies"

Besides when there are more ppl employed by the system trying to correct the problem than the ppl with problems, it starts looking a whole lot like a conspiracy, evan similar to our economy...to big to fail?

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 08:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Doc Holiday
reply to post by jibeho

Yes thats a great idea/attitude, denial and abstinance sp?

Lets not educate our youth just tell them "no its illegal" when its in their school.
Lets not teach them self control, and moderation, because who needs moderation.

I agree with most of the above, if you don't like the subject, don't read it.

Not to mention your helping promote it by doing this..thread.
sorry just realized not your thread

[edit on 30-11-2009 by Doc Holiday]

How did you come up with all of that based on my post?

The web is full of sites for specific drug discussions. In my opinion, ATS does not need to add this BS to their discussion forums and this forum is swelling by the minute. If I could block this forum from display I would.

Trust me I won't be posting in the drug threads. You can enjoy them at your leisure. THis specific thread applies to the new forum.

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 08:54 AM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

Your reasoning for , "not having the topic" or debating against it,
was based on what?
The holiday break, that is mostly an U S issue anyways.

Whether you like it or not the childeren hear and see drugs at school.
Or after school around their peers.

Maybe its the parents that need edjumacated.

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 08:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Doc Holiday

You want info on drugs?
Here you go.
www.webmd.com...

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 09:02 AM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

What about the people who are not as small minded as yourself and who understand that drugs and conspiracies surrounding drugs, are tied into many areas of conspiracy theories?

People who want to discuss why drugs, including those that can treat health problems, are demonised?

[edit on 30/11/09 by blupblup]

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 09:05 AM
link   
Why is specific talk about certain substances BS to you?

Not trying to be mean, just want to understand. IMO there is a great deal of knowledge to be gained, and already from my previous conversations (in the past 12 hours), I have been able to correct many myths about this culture. I recommend you read a few threads before throwing out comments like this

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 09:06 AM
link   
Come on even Mom & Dad have the special room for the kids.....I prefer it being on a separate board, some of those "Highons" really annoy me. Don't get me wrong, I like to party.... but I keep it under control. Some of the posters under the influence can be so damn ridiculous and irritating. Personally, I am so over the new fade drug thing, had my fun before most of you were born.

Peace

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 09:08 AM
link   

The vast amount of non-conspiracy political threads was bad, but if the future of ATS is as it has been since the new drug forum, then this may not be the right sight for me. I come to this site for CONSPIRACY, so if you are going to use the new drug board please, please be selective and make sure it has some form of conspiracy to it.

-E-

As of now on the ats firehouse, there are 28 drug related posts, and 27 other

I myself have to agree. I think it's great that ATS has this new subject area but I think the problem is, like myself, others come to this site with the idea of going to the homepage and seeing what's new in the world of ATS and then going on with our daily lives.
Now, as the OP stated, you go to the home page and the majority of new topics concern drugs. Sure as some of you have stated above, that's what the topics forum is for but myself and others, I may not have the time at the moment to go thru every topic that I'm interested in(which are many) to see what is new.
I think the point being made by the OP is when you go to the home page, members and visitors alike now might get the idea that this is more of an 'alternate lifestyle' website than an intelectual alternative news site.

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 09:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by blupblup
reply to post by jibeho

What about the people who are not as small minded as yourself and who understand the drugs and conspiracies surrounding drugs, are tied into many areas of conspiracy theories?

People who want to discuss why drugs, including those that can treat health problems, are demonised?

Nice try! I have already scanned through these shiny new threads regarding "alternative substance" and I haven't seen one conspiracy theory yet. Plenty of innuendo though.

Furthermore, conspiracies and treatment of medical disorders are two different discussions entirely.

To each his own. IMO this is new forum is in poor taste for ATS and is simply a move to pander to new traffic on the site (no pun intended of course). Dude, the posters are already coming out of the woodwork.

We'll see how well the mods can keep track of these new insightful discussions.

Small mind? Perhaps you should get yours out of the pill bottle.

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 09:15 AM
link   
reply to post by geo1066

Just click the "Recent posts" tab/button at the top then?
It's next to board and 2 away from home.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join