It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Sun: If you must worship something...

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Groupies

Most of the Messianic Jews of the 1st century CE used solar references and adapted solar sun-worshipping pagan (especially Egyptian) psalms for their long awaited saviour e.g. Malachi chapter 4 adapted from a Hymn to Osiris

'And in that Day shall ARISE the SUN of RIGHTEOUSNESS, with HEALING IN HIS WINGS...' i.e. the idea that the Messiah will be exalted like the sun in its strength (i.e. noon); later Chrsitians interpreted the ARISING as RESURRECTION rather than mere EXALTATION of an executed martyr

or the Scroll of the Book of (proto) Isaiah:

'O you that announce the gospel (lit. good news) to Zion, ARISE and SHINE, for THY LIGHT is come ! (quoted from another Hymn to Amun) Say unto the cities of Yehudah, Behold your EL ! '

Again, we can see at a glance the Messianic overtones with the earliest Christian communities with pagan sun-worship is obvious.

In the 4th 'canonical gospel' (according to 'John' whoever he was) we see 'Yohanon the Baptist' saying: 'He must increase, but I must decrease' which is a solar reference to the dying and rising sun every day, but also the dying and rising sun every year at the solstices.

Interestingly perhaps the 3rd canonical gospel (according to 'Luke' , whoever he was) states that 'John the Baptist' and 'Iesous' were born 6-months apart from each other--again, a reference to the solar cults as it applied to the socalled TWO MESSIAHs written about in the Dead Sea Scrolls, one Messiah of Aaron (priestly) and one Messiah of David (or sometimes 'of Joseph') i.e. a kingly Messiah figure....

Early Christianity eventually adapted some of the solar cult material into their own worship (such as the Mithras Cult, their main competitor in the 1st four centuries, whose garb they eventually borrowed too, e.g. the pointy 'Mitre' hat for the Bishop Overseers and the 7 fold sacraments &tc.)

Various and sundry modern day Christmas hymns (sung by worshippers thinking of 'Iesous') even as late as the 18th century in England also betray a solar-sun worship basis in terms of their actual lyrics -- which you can see at a glance --but only if you read the words very closely:

Joy to the WORLD (earth) the Lord (sun god) is come,
Let EARTH receive her KING !

Let every heart, prepare him room (i.e. make way for the sun in the sky)
And Heaven (the sky) and Nature (vegetation at spring) sing !

While Fields & Floods, Rocks, Hills & Plains (i.e. nature singing at spring)
Repeat the Sounding Joy ! (spring)

No more let pains and sorrow grow nor thorns infest the ground (winter)
He comes to make his blessings flow (spring) !"

So it would not be a stretch to take modern day Christians to move back to solar-monotheism, which was the pre-Christian pagan ('wiccan') religious millieu before the Jewish Bible was thrust down their throats at the point of a sword !

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Sun worship is the same as music worship.

666 is the length of a vesica, whose width is
384, or the sun’s radius (432 x 1000 miles) measured by the tone.

Page 67.
www.themasonictrowel.com...

432 and its mirror 234 = 666
SUM (1..36) = 666

9/11 x 528 (Solfeggio) = 432 Hertz
8/11 x 528 (Solfeggio) = 384 Hertz

www.abovetopsecret.com...

384:432 = 8:9 Pythagoras starting ratio = 0.88888

[edit on 30-11-2009 by hawk123]

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 04:53 AM
link   
I love this thread I bet the OP feels it is wrong for christians to push their religion on others. At the end of the day how is it any different from what you are doing? I am by no means a religious nut I feel you can worship anything you want as long as it does not infringe on others. Even so I know this may sound silly but have you ever wondered if there is something to the whole god thing what would the people be that are trying to pull you away from believing? Like I said I have no idea what is waiting on the other side.

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 03:28 PM
link   
"I love this thread I bet the OP feels it is wrong for christians to push their religion on others. At the end of the day how is it any different from what you are doing? "

Actually no, I don't think it is wrong do believe in any views about religion - you lost the bet

As I sais in the OP, I was just contemplating and then relating some thoughts here.
I am not biased of any religion what so ever. I am however appalled at what lengths some fanatics will go for their GOD - like say, war.
Thanks for contributing folks...
Just some thoughts I was having, not my religious beliefs here.
Vance

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Pratchett's 2nd law;

Things that happen far away appear mystical and attractive.

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 03:48 PM
link   
reply to post by MrVertigo

Yeah that's definitely my favorite Star Wars moment too. Got goosebumps just from watching it...

That was probably the easiest and cheapest visual effect in the film to create. Just double-expose our own Sun, two different shots a few minutes apart as it's setting. Notice the camera was clamped down (stationary).

I actually believe the sun is a sentient being...

Lyrical refrain from the band "They Might Be Giants" ('Why Does the Sun Shine?'):

The sun is a mass of incandescent gas
A gigantic nuclear furnace
Where hydrogen is built into helium
At a temperature of millions of degrees

Yo ho, it's hot, the sun is not
A place where we could live
But here on Earth there'd be no life
Without the light it gives

We need its light
We need its heat
We need its energy
Without the sun, without a doubt
There'd be no you and me

The sun is a mass of incandescent gas
A gigantic nuclear furnace
Where hydrogen is built into helium
At a temperature of millions of degrees

Link here

Here, I found its audio file online: acme.com...

(Done by someone else...They Might Be Giants redid it...)

Space Songs-----
--------------
Why Does The Sun Shine 32 160

[edit on 6 December 2009 by weedwhacker]

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join