It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Sun: If you must worship something...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 07:57 AM
link   
Why not?
Maybe the sun worshipers of old where onto something here. Without the sun, there would be no life as we know it. If you need to worship something, the sun may work for you as a deity. It sure makes faith a lot easier. I mean, you can see, feel, measure and observe the presences and therefore, the effects of the sun. Maybe the sun is God well, at least for our terrestrial selves - I can't speak on the "ET'S" as I am no more sure of their existence than I am of GOD ALMIGHTY.
The sun is good. It provides us with warmth for instance. It provides for us after the rains have fallen. It provides for us after the darkness, it is the ultimate light. It literally dries tears...
I like the sun. It brings life. God said to nurture our planet and take care of it. He gave us the reins as it were. If you plant a seed, the chances are it will not mature and bare fruit if you do not nourish it and care for it. So in essence,God gave us dominion over the earth as is described in many a religion.
So, in summary...
If you replace all deities of all religions on earth with the sun, we could truly have peace and good will on earth. Well at least we could end the conflicts of which there are so many, based on religion. "GOD", "SUN" - synonymous?

Just some thoughts I have been engaging.
Thanks for reading,
Vance

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 07:59 AM
link   
Water would have to be as important as the Sun. Water makes this planet different from every other planet we have ever discovered.

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 08:13 AM
link   
That is true and I like water as well as I do chocolate cake but, I get tired of both from time to time, I never grow tired of a sunny day....

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 08:14 AM
link   
I personally think there is more to sun worship than we know, and i think the old religions where onto something.

Definitely if we had no jesus come in our lifes on earth, the sun would definitely have been the most important thing. I can see today why people thought it so important and the need to worship it.

I think lots of us have no understanding of what this meant, and these people where not just primitives, lol. I think there is more to it.

Nice thread, and i am glad that someone sees the fact that ancient man did get alot right, before modern science. We totally ignore for the most part why and what the suns purpose is here for.

I think if the nazis had won the war, the sun would have played a massive part in life. Just look at our christmas day, it is important for us as it really is the most important day of the year. Go and find out why it is.

I also like the idea in occult that there is a black sun, that is for your soul, in symbolic terms. You often find the occult is along way ahead of science.

[edit on 11/30/2009 by andy1033]

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 08:18 AM
link   
Well yes Andy and thanks for your post. I have just been musing these ideas for awhile, you know, contemplating... I lost a close entertainer friend of mine and he was only 45 and a sudden death. When I felt the need to pray for him, I found myself for the first time actually wondering who to pray too.

Excuse my ignorance, but your Nazi connection, I missed the point, but am up for anything new.
Thanks,
Vance

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 08:25 AM
link   
reply to post by vance

The nazis believed as there is a sun in the sky to light up the world we see, there is a black sun we do not see, that lights up our souls. Go and look into it.

Remember that scene in star wars when luke looks up at two suns, this is whta i think george lucas meant. You often find people saying this is there favorite scene in star wars. Here just look.

I think george lucas was playing on the black sun thing of the nazis in this clip, and people say this is there favorite bit in star wars and they do not know why really. Its always been mine too.

I would not be surprised if there is not something to all this sun worship ancient man took part in.

[edit on 11/30/2009 by andy1033]

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 08:28 AM
link   
Interesting, thanks for your reply there Andy. Good day to you. I appreciate the short vid as well. Btw, what a pretty sun filled morning I have here in Florida today.

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 08:39 AM
link   
reply to post by vance

What about the center of the galaxy? We revolve the Sun, the Sun revolves the Galaxy's center, I'm sure there is a center our galaxy revolves to....

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 08:41 AM
link   
My issue is the whole notion of worship. In my opinion this is a psychopathic creation, intended to create a relationship of subjugation of the worshiper to whoever pretends to represent the worshiped.

People need to Love more and worship less. Bunch of betas with inferiority complexes are, imo, not what God intended, although they do serve a purpose, which is to highlight the positive by showcasing the negative. Yin and yang again.

Everything is God. Everything is alive. But everything is alive in it's own resonance, living in it's own beat or vibration, which is why say a rock feels less alive than a cat, yet both are expressions of life force manifesting reality through the condensation of energy as matter through sound.

Or at least that's how I see it.

So just Love life and don't worship anything in particular, or chances are you'll just be victim of energetic parasitism, of an emotional vampire, someone who lives off the energy of the people he cons into a specific belief system. You all know who these characters are, in your heart.

Love Life. Manifest Life. Don't waste time slowing down your life to give energy to someone who can't manifest anything by him or herself, who can only life from the energy of others by conning it out of them.

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 08:44 AM
link   
Mindmelding,
I agree on some of your points in this reply. I however do believe in something more powerful than myself and that is what has brought me to this point of thinking in the first place.

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 08:45 AM
link   
reply to post by vance

I think reality is a better thing to worship than the Sun. The Sun just exists in reality as much as we do and without reality being real and existing as real, we nor the Sun wouldn't be real or exist as real either.

Check out the Church of Reality

There is some pretty good ideas there in my opinion, especially the Sacred Principles. We can base all moral standing off just one principle alone, the Sacred Principle of Positive Evolution. With this principle alone we are forced to be good to one another and to make tomorrow better than today. Sure beats the God religions where they're good today as a reward after death. They aren't really moral because it's right to be, they're moral because they think they're getting a perk for being moral. Tells you a lot about how moral they really are!

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 08:48 AM
link   
What in the world makes you think you need to worship anything anyways?

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 08:51 AM
link   
I wouldn't say I worship the Sun already but every morning when I step out the house , I look at the Sun (for a second - not enough to burn my retinas
) and give thanks, that I'm here to see another Sunrise. I even say " Greetings" to the Moon when I see it.
After all BOTH have had a huge impact of the course of Human existance and history and without them we wouldn't be here.

[edit on 30/11/09 by DataWraith]

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 09:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by SeeingBlue
What in the world makes you think you need to worship anything anyways?

We should worship reality as without reality we wouldn't be here. Same would go for the Sun and the life it gives our planet, without the sun we would be a cold dead world. I suppose even the moon should be worshiped, as the tides are pretty darn useful and the light it reflects at night helps us see.

Sure beats worshiping invisible things that we're not one-hundred percent sure exists.

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 09:11 AM
link   
reply to post by vance

Many religions, past and present do worship the sun as a god. Take a look here

[edit on November 30th, 2009 by peacejet]

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 09:15 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 09:17 AM
link   
If you didn't worship those thing is something bad going to happen? Maybe you wouldn't exist if you weren't here. Why not worship yourself? Maybe nothing would exist if it wasn't being observed, for what reason then would it even exist in the first place if nothing were there to bare witness of it's existence.

Of course it's easy to dismiss all those questions but then are we really making any progress if we don't explore.

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 09:34 AM
link   
reply to post by andy1033

Yeah that's definitely my favorite Star Wars moment too. Got goosebumps just from watching it

I actually believe the sun is a sentient being, a form of consciousness on a completely different level than ours. Is it god? No more than we are gods compared to ants.

I have, at times felt a very tangible connection to what I would describe as the consciousness of the sun, especially one occasion was very real & very moving.
What really surprised me was that e few days later there was a sunspot on the sun. (this was in the really deep minimum where sunspots would be months between)

I also found it really interesting in around July this year when there was a lot of hype on ATS about a potential solar eruption that could wreak all kinds of havoc. That didn't happen, of course, but around the given date we actually saw one the biggest sunspot in years. (of course noone really noticed this as there was no disaster)

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by SeeingBlue
If you didn't worship those thing is something bad going to happen? Maybe you wouldn't exist if you weren't here. Why not worship yourself? Maybe nothing would exist if it wasn't being observed, for what reason then would it even exist in the first place if nothing were there to bare witness of it's existence.

Of course it's easy to dismiss all those questions but then are we really making any progress if we don't explore.

HAHA, some people do worship themselves here on ATS; They're the one's who claim explicit knowledge of all there is to know and that the human mind is what created the universe. Which is just pure BS as everyone knows it was the aliens from the Andromeda Galaxy who did it.

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Since a child I have vigorously searched the world's religions for the "right fit", for me. I have studied many sacred texts, and have participated in major religion's ceremonies as well as studied several branches of paganism for years. But all of them felt hollow and untrue. The stories of each one felt like nothing more than man made myths. Regardless of whether they were found in ancient Greece, or Christianity, India, or any other people's location or time. They all reeked of humanities fears and insecurities. A jealous, yet omniscient & all powerful god? One who deeply cares about what gender you may love (who just happens to side with those who first spoke of him & echo the morals of the society from which he arose despite being the creator of all life in the universe?). Please! I was never a good member of any of them, because I never stopped asking questions, and I never truly believed whatever dogma was required.

But then as now, there is one spiritual path that still feels right & true for me. That gives me a language and focus through which I can notice and give thanks for the truly miraculous gift this world and life truly is. And that is sun "worship", and moon worship, and trees and oceans etc. Why not cut out the middle man/god, and go for the real inspiration of so many of the world's faiths? Most rituals at their root were about celebration and communication with the sun; to bless our crops and to return from the longest night of the year (and the death which lurked there which our modern way of life only hints at). At their base, even the most humo-centric religions were inspired by the sun.

While I have never felt the presence of God or Jesus, Mohammed, Moroni, Zeus, Osiris, etc, I can see and feel the sun, moon, and oceans. They are 100% real and 100% vital to life, and are just as deserving (if not more) of our most profound gratitude than the 1000's of gods cast in the human mold. I do not need something to be like me (i.e. human), for it to be worthy of great veneration & respect, and "worship" to me is simply a useful language with which to communicate this profound awareness & appreciation of the only true creator of life of which we are presently aware. And the sun does not require I kill it's enemies to stay in it's good graces either, a big plus. A religion for atheists, if you will.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join