It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Use colloidal silver?...umm this guy did and look what happened.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 02:14 AM
link   
This video is about a man who uses colloidal silver...what's the problem you ask? well see for yourself. Me personally, I have thought about using this before that is until I saw this and now I don't think I'll be drinking or rubbing any silver at all.

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 02:32 AM
link   
Take a guess on how many incidences of this have happened over the years?

I am going to give you a number, will not back it up, do your own research.

And if I am correct, that video is of a doctor that takes colloidal silver, I could be wrong their.

Anyway, the bluing of the skin does not actually cause any health problems.

Appx 10 incidences over the last 10 years, wow, I wonder how many deaths could be attributed to other drugs.

Colloidal silver is absolutely safe if you get the correct brands and do not go to these folksy places on the net and get their snake oil.

I swear half of those places are set up by big pharma to cause these problems.

I know, a little paranoid, but a little paranoia goes a far way in today's world.

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 02:33 AM
link   
This fellow admittedly over-used the substance.

7000 people die from aspirin every year - only one guy turned purple from using this form of silver, and he liked it.

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 02:35 AM
link   
reply to post by endisnighe

Colloidal silver is absolutely safe if you get the correct brands and do not go to these folksy places on the net and get their snake oil.

Um, this is a product directly marketed to folksy newage people and their websites seem to be the only place that you can even find it. Where do you suggest people go if they want to get reputable colloidal silver?

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 02:39 AM
link   
Overuse of anything will most likely turn out bad, but this... I'd rather not turn blue from using a substance that is supposed to "cure".
I don't even take asprin (except on rare occasion when needed) but this is just craxy!

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 02:41 AM
link   
I can see this becoming some sort of trend in the future. People doing this on purpose.

Tattoos will be for snobs. The hardcores will go blue.

Just watch.

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 02:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Atlantican
I can see this becoming some sort of trend in the future. People doing this on purpose.

Tattoos will be for snobs. The hardcores will go blue.

Just watch.

Well count me out then and call me a snob

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 02:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Karlhungis

Have you heard of homeopathic doctors? Find a good one in your area.

I actually have one here in my area that is a M.D. and a practicing homeopath. Not all of the medical field here in the US have closed minds.

If you are in another country or do not have any homeopaths in your area, do a lot of research and do not take more than is recommended. Colloidal silver concentration is the important thing. You can also make it yourself.

As in all forms of medicine do not use as a preventative. I never take anything but general vitamins for that.

Your immune system is what keeps you healthy. Eat as healthy as you can. The secret is non processed foods. The less processing the better. Fruits, vegetables, whole grains(non bleached and processed), and local grass raised animals for meat if possible. The more vitamins and minerals you get from natural food sources the stronger your immune system.

Even prescribed antibiotics can do nothing if your immune system is not strong.

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 02:52 AM
link   
I would think you'd have to be taking it at least every day to go blue. I don't think you need that much, maybe once a month would be too much to take. The body doesn't need a crap load of silver, just a tiny amount will do the trick just as well.

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 02:57 AM
link   
reply to post by alyosha1981

From what I understand so far,

this is argyria. Excessive deposits of silver on the skin.

Just like eating excess vegetables with carotenoids can make you orange(although naturally protected from the Sun's UV light).

Users of colloidal silver, better called Ionic Silver claim you can avoid this by using distilled water while making it.

However, the moment a person drinks it, it can combine with stomach acid to produce silver salts, the very reaction being avoided, that is why they emphasize holding under the tongue for as long as possible to absorb.

This guy made his Ionic Silver with water mixed with salt to increase conductivity and speed the process.

True "Colloidal Silver" is one like Mesosilver or Utopia Silver.

It contains the full metal particles often smaller in nanometers than ionic, avoiding the reactions ionic silver suffer.

It is also not for the home user because it is very expensive to make.

Both are useful. Ionic is used for skin wounds and most infections. Colloidal is good to more resistant infections by smaller viruses ionic can't penetrate.

[edit on 30-11-2009 by jjjtir]

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 03:05 AM
link   
Every time this subject is brought up they use the same picture of the same person.
It is still a safe product.

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 03:22 AM
link   
Papa Smurf!!!

My sister used it before taking interferon treatments, but it had no benefit for her whatsoever. She was getting much worse while using it.

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 03:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by alyosha1981
This video is about a man who uses colloidal silver...what's the problem you ask? well see for yourself. Me personally, I have thought about using this before that is until I saw this and now I don't think I'll be drinking or rubbing any silver at all.

Stupid question I guess , but why would you want to rub silver on you?
I have seen people do really weird things. I seen people lick poles and stuff that I just wont say here, but I'm still trying to figure out why you would rub silver on yourself. If it makes the body better, how? If i wore a silver ring wouldn't that count?

I ask because I have a had time, thinking of the old times when some one picked up a chunk silver or gold or anything and looked at it and was like "Hey I'm going to rub this on me, then turn and told everyone in either now language or grunt "I feel better after rubbing that shinny thing on me"

I don't get it. I have looked up silver and body and stuff but so far what I got in searches were companies trying to sell me stuff to make my body better buy buying their silver powder/paste/slush/Yet every page I have seen doesn't give the answe just a bunch of graphs saying "So many people feel better after ...."

I ask because if there is no proof and or something I'm going to sell a plan for bashing a brick on your right toe for 14.95 that takes the pain away from your left toe and also adds elements to your skin which gives longer life "if you don't bleed to death"

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 04:16 AM
link   
reply to post by EvilBat

Silver is anti biotic - thats why you might use it on skin - maybe acne, or other infection was the reason he used it.

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 04:18 AM
link   
reply to post by EvilBat

I can confirm that there is scientific proof dating back to the 1920s showing antimicrobial properties of colloidal silver.

But you have to skip many websites that just try to grab your money without any product description.

I can also confirm that the claim that "no pathogen can develop resistance to silver" is not entirely true.

There is documented evidence of a strain of Escherichia Coli tolerant to the usual doses of silver.

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 04:45 AM
link   
The guy in the video won’t EVER need to be vaccinated anymore. Forget swine flu or likes. He’s been “vaccinated for life”.

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 05:06 AM
link   
When I was in boarding school, I broke out in horrible boils due to the re-using of oils for cooking. As a result your blood get's 'dirty'. I was on anti-biotic medication long periods of time but the boils just kept coming up.

I had two under my one arm, 3 on the same spot on the left knee, one under my but cheek and another on my upper thigh!

My grandmother took me to a heath shop and got me colloidal silver. I drank one teaspoon everyday, and after a week the boils were GONE!

I now use it on pretty much everything from cuts to blemishes, and even if my dogs have wounds. The healing time is amazing.

You only use it when needed, not every day. And you can't take it daily to prevent illness!

Over use, or abuse of anything has consequences...

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 05:11 AM
link   
no he didnt. he's a blue skinned alien. thats just his cover story.

what you expect him to say?

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 05:11 AM
link   
no he didnt. he's a blue skinned alien. thats just his cover story.

what you expect him to say?

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 08:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by endisnighe
reply to post by Karlhungis

Have you heard of homeopathic doctors? Find a good one in your area.

If we are talking simply about ingesting silver (not that I am advocating it), there is no need for a consultation.
There are plenty of good online providers of homeopathic remedies (Ainsworth's is my personal favourite, but there are many others), where you can buy Argentum Metallicum (or Nitricum, which is more frequent).

And there are very good homeopathic databases online.
Here is a relevant page from one of the most popular ones:

Argentum Metallicum

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join