It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chechens confront US troops in Iraq

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2004 @ 12:08 PM
link   
Chechens confront US troops in Iraq: english.pravda.ru...

According to Russian Intelligence Service Abroad, the units of Chechen terrorists penetrate in Iraq since June 2003 through Syria. Today there are 2-3 thousand Chechen fighters in Iraq. Their command is in the so-called Staff of Iraqi Resistance located in Syria. The Staff controls the main anti-American groups in Iraq: the unit led by Abu al-Valid, the successor of killed "Black Arab" Khattab who was fighting in Chechnya, Army of Mohammed and Wahabees (radical Muslems). Iraqi guerillas from the former Iraqi Army officers look like kids in comparison with these groups being notorious for their atrocities. If Iraqis chose whom to attack, for the newly arrived fighters nationalities do not matter. There is no difference whom to cut throat: to Russian or to American. Both are enemies.

posted on May, 21 2004 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Someone in one of the Nick Berg threads mentioned that they thought they heard a voice speaking russian. Does anyone else remember this comment? Could this be signficant?

posted on May, 21 2004 @ 01:26 PM
link   
I think that if the Chechnians end up on the U.S.'s bad guy list, they will be in deep doo doo. Pissed off Russian to the north who could care less about the Geneva Conventions, and pissed off American to the south with a trigger-happy army just waiting to let off some steam.

posted on May, 21 2004 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pyros
...Pissed off Russian to the north who could care less about the Geneva Conventions, and pissed off American to the south with a trigger-happy army just waiting to let off some steam.

I have to agree. I'd hate to be between that rock and that hard place...

posted on May, 21 2004 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bleys
Someone in one of the Nick Berg threads mentioned that they thought they heard a voice speaking russian. Does anyone else remember this comment? Could this be signficant?

When you look at any exposed skin on the"terrorists" it looks awfully caucasian to me and would explain the efforts during the video to keep themselves concealed.

posted on May, 21 2004 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Well, that would open up a new can of worms here. What if the Russians were the one's who killed Nick Berg? and if that was true, WHO and WHY would someone make the media blame on the Americans?

[Edited on 21-5-2004 by The Quiet Storm]

posted on May, 21 2004 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Well, that would open up a new can of worms here. What if the Russians were the one's who killed Nick Berg? and if that was true, why would someone put the blame on the Americans?

i think some russians had a role in this...thats about all i'm gonna say for now.

as for the why...thats easy, DIVERSION. since america has been taking a beating lately...why not blame em for one more thing? it would slip under the radar easily and noone would raise a suspicious eye....aside from those of us who actually bother to pay attention and observe whats going on, not jsut watching and shooting out mouths off out of anger.

posted on May, 21 2004 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Chechen terrorists could have. There are probably a lot in Iraq. I wouldnt be surprised...

posted on May, 21 2004 @ 11:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThePrankMonkey
i think some russians had a role in this...thats about all i'm gonna say for now.
as for the why...thats easy, DIVERSION. since america has been taking a beating lately...why not blame em for one more thing?

Prank Monkey,

I am with you on this, at least sort of. While I don't believe that anyone other than Muslim Terrorists (possibly including Chechens) were responsible for Nick Berg's beheading, I do believe that the Russians have been interfering in the Iraq war.

Vladimir Putin was trained at the KGB Academy, and allegedly placed Army General Anatoly Kvashninas as head of all the Russian intelligence services late last year.

General Kvashninas, is the man who ordered the Russian special forces to take the strategic Pristina airport in Kosovo. If you recall, that action came perilously close to provoking a confrontation with NATO forces. That was also one of the first indications that Kvashninas was not afraid to directly confront the Americans when Russia's interests clashed with theirs. He is an ambitious man who was supposedly quoted as saying, �I have now attained my life�s dream. Russia is going to have a new Yuri Andropov.� when Putin promoted him.

It was in Russia's interest to keep the U.S. and U.K. out of Iraq, but now that we are there, it's makes more sense for them to keep us tied up, or have the Muslims defeat us. As they slowly try to rebuild some of the power and clout they held years ago, they will not hesitate to interfere in any area that furthers their interests. Especially with men like Putin and Kvashninas in control...

-Cypher

posted on May, 21 2004 @ 11:59 PM
link   
Cypher and prank, i am with you and i think i know what you two mean.

For anyone interested, i have posted in the past links to evidence that the Russians and at least the Chinese, indirectly for now, have aided Al Qaeda and other terrorists against the U.S.

Here is one of the threads were i present information on the plans the Russian elite have had for a while for the US.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

[Edited on 22-5-2004 by Muaddib]

posted on May, 22 2004 @ 05:10 PM
link   
Hmmm...

Interesting...I've been reading on some of the other forums and blogs, that some people are hearing the Russian comments "Davay pozhivee!" meaning "Do it quicker!", or "Hurry up!", would be interesting to see if we have anyone here who speaks russian, and will listen to the sound, to see if they hear it as well...

Here is one blog that mentions it...

"...The terrorists in Berg's beheading video are communicating to each other in Russian ! One of them tells to the executioner who was cutting Berg's head: "Davay pozhivee!" meaning "Do it quicker !", or "Hurry up !" in pure unaccented Russian. Initially, I thought I was the only one who noticed it, but other Russian speakers confirmed it as well independently from me. So, who actually killed Berg ? BTW, "Allah o Akbar" they pronounce not with Arabic, but with a Russian-like accent. Also, their demeanor was not Arabic at all, but resembles that of people from the North Caucasus. Those were not Arabs!"

www.tolstoy.com...

posted on May, 22 2004 @ 05:14 PM
link   
the chechens...well what can one say about the chechens???

the chechen seem to be fighting against the one man obstacle known as fioudor the great mixed up some where along the line of the holy roman emporer...so be it the jews came to fight them in a great battle in which the jewish people guard into such as a individual manslaughter case is held beyond the hearing of the grand jury..

so be it

posted on May, 24 2004 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Funny how so many things come to the light. My question is if Abu Masab Al-Zaraqawi killed Berg, and he has to know that the US knows who he is. Why would he hide behind a mask and then tell everyone thathe did it? Doesn't make sense. Someone else was behind the mask-no pun intended-. Its a shame that a man had to loose his life to prove someone elses point. If he is really dead. New topic???

Ash

top topics

join