It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama United way commercial

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by EarthQuake
reply to post by Cowgirlstraitup7

Well the only reason i even mentioned symbolism is because of this notion i have had, perhaps its just all in my head. When Obama first went into office he wrote a letter to his children about what his intentions were, then sometime later he has this public message he gives out to the younger kids while at school. Then now is this united way commercial which, to me, seems like came from left field, with him catching a pass and throwing it up to a kid. Like i said it is just my opinion but it makes a gesture that Obama is trying his damndest to appeal to children. Another thing I thought of is why is Drew Brees throwing the pass? I mean the
Colts are 11-0, and Peyton Manning is way more popular, so does having the QB from the "Saints" provide a few more good vibrations to the overall theme? Maybe your right, and this is just a good thing Obama and the NFL is trying to do for the kids, but you cant ignore the timing. Obama has an approval rating less than 50% and now hes doing commercials, dramatically catching passes amongst some of the top players in the league, playing football. Oh and it was aired on thanksgiving day, bet a lot of people saw that. Just my 2 cents...

What? Manning is way more popular? What does popularity have to do with it? In case you didn't know this, the Saints are 10-0! Drew Brees is an outstanding quarterback and citizen of New Orleans/USA. He does a lot towards charity, and I am freaking honored to see Drew throwing the pass, whether I like Obama or not. I like the message of getting our kids active. Being from MS, I appreciate the effort towards getting our youth off of the obesity train. Furthermore, if your questioning the theme, it could be argued that the New Orleans Saints and Drew Brees have helped bring back the community of New Orleans in the aftermath of hurricane Katrina, and know a heck of a lot about diversity, and bringing the best out in their fans/citizens. Obesity is a serious problem in America, and what better team or quarterback to add to that theme?

By the way...Manning and his family call New Orleans home and are good friends with Brees. Who Dat!

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 12:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Gumerk

another drew brees fan boy like myself. good to see you here.

i forgot to add the part about the saints helping to bring back NOLA the way they did.

i'd say that's the number one reason he was picked to to this spot.

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 12:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Doc Tesla

Is this commercial targeted to ONLY black kids?

I THINK I seen one white kid.

This is the most racist President we've ever had in this country.

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by iamsupermanv2
reply to post by Gumerk

another drew brees fan boy like myself. good to see you here.

i forgot to add the part about the saints helping to bring back NOLA the way they did.

i'd say that's the number one reason he was picked to to this spot.

Aye, well met bud
Indeed I think that's the number one reason as well.

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 12:11 PM
link   
reply to post by notreallyalive

WHAT??!!

Are you blind??

ake another look and maybe you should have your eyes checked.

He should have been in the movies.

He loves neing on camera so much.

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 12:24 PM
link   
I am all for promoting fitness with our nation's children. In fact, the majority of the nation could probably use a little more help and encouragement. Myself included.

However, why would Obama team up with the NFL and the United Way to promote fitness when our nation has had the "Pesident's Challenge" and the President's Council on Physical Fitness and Sports to promote fitness in all of us for decades?
www.presidentschallenge.org...
www.fitness.gov...

This is just another plug to advance his Serve America Act by favoring a less than stellar and heavily bloated charity like United Way.

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 12:33 PM
link   
I think the united we serve has to do with this:

H.R. 1444: Congressional Commission on Civic Service Act
www.govtrack.us...

3/11/2009--Introduced.
Congressional Commission on Civic Service Act - Establishes the Congressional Commission on Civic Service to make recommendations to Congress for: (1) improving the ability of individuals to serve others; (2) training leaders in public service organizations to better utilize individuals committed to national service and volunteerism as they manage human and fiscal resources; (3) identifying solutions to the barriers that make it difficult for some individuals to volunteer or perform national service; and (4) building on the foundation of current service and volunteer opportunities. Specifies topics to be addressed by the Commission, including deterrents to service, a mandatory service requirement, and the need for a public service academy.

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Obama continues to bring ruination to all he touches. Expect the NFL to go down in a fiery heap when Obama declares himself the Supreme Football god. His statue will be him stealing the ball from a poor crippled child. Lol

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join