It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MRSA help

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 11:06 PM
link   
I've recently become aware that a patient i see on a regular basis had/has? MRSA in his blood.
I have NO idea about the airborne aspects of it and as i also clean his house, i would like to know more about how to defend myself.
Anyone know a good bit about it?
Thanks.

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 11:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Clearskies

www.mayoclinic.com...
Has a “Prevention” link

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 11:25 PM
link   
My mother has had MRSA on and off for over 2 years now. We care for her at home and have had to deal with this. Since you will be cleaning anyways...I would become cautious with wearing gloves. During your cleaning, I would make extra attention to always wipe door knobs and light switches just to keep things nipped in the bud. We have never contracted MRSA from mom, we would have to directly be in contact with her fluids and then touch an opening on ourselves. My mother's has not showed up in her bloodstream...but still the same, you would have to directly be in contact. It is not airborne that I know of...someone correct me there if wrong.

Just extra cautious....honestly though, dont feel like you are offending anyone by wearing gloves all the time if that makes you feel better. In all honesty, the owner of the home should have a couple boxes of gloves at the doorways, that is what we do.

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 11:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Pauligirl

Thanks.
This man also had LOTS of mold growing in the ceiling, walls and window sills, which I cleaned with bleach and LOTS of listerine Friday.

I was VERY sick about a month ago and my neck was stiff and my lower back,(kidneys, liver) was EXTREMELY sore. also had runny nose.
I went to the doctor and got a z pack. It helped, but I still feel as though I havent fully shaken it.

A big problem is that the man didnt know he had a MRSA staph infection.
He had congestive heart failure, pnuemonia and it was on the discharge paperwork.
He was on life support for 2 days some weeks back.
He had to quit the antibiotics because of diarrhea, so............... Im concerned.

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 11:31 PM
link   
reply to post by LeoVirgo

Yes, it can be airborne; courses.washington.edu...
Im sorry to hear about your mother, shes a dearheart!
I hope she gets well soon.

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 12:12 AM
link   

I would highlt recomend aproduct called MMS (just Google Jim Humble) and also Colloidal Silver.Many report its affective against quite a few things out there inclluding Swine Flu. Mrsa in the bloodstream often times is fatal eventually. Many hospitals and nursing homes are possibly at epidemic levels concerning this but for the most part fail to inform the public from what Ive heard.You can check You Tube regarding MMS many Drs recommend it but due to Big Pharma not having a stranglehold on it your not gonna hear much about either unless you do your own research....I hope this helps you...God Bless

[edit on 30-11-2009 by Bnmssnit]

[edit on 30-11-2009 by Bnmssnit]

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 12:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Bnmssnit

Thanks. Ive taken colloidial silver before and sublingual oregano oil. I guess thats what ill do again, but together they cost about 40 dollars and I dont think my patient will do that with all his other meds and conditions.
I may put some oregano oil in a diffuser in his home.
also i hear garlic is a good supplement. so......
The good news is he has to move because of the mold.
Ive heard good things about MMS.
Thanks, may G-d bless you too!

[edit on 30-11-2009 by Clearskies]

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 12:19 AM
link   
In 2008, my brother's friend out east (CT) became sick, and was mis-
diagnosed the first time, went back and confirmed he had MRSA.

I did some research at the time. I can't remember much of the information at the present. I am going through some notes to find more for you.

I do know for a fact; Oregano Oil will kill viruses, so it is a good supplement to take. It is a herbal supplement and is strong, so dilute it.

Another one I just remembered is Garlic extract,

www.innovations-report.com...

Check out Dr Ronald Hoffman's site (NY Dr) and Dr Whittaker, you may be able to listen to his previous shows that address this.

[edit on 30-11-2009 by PRS395]

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 12:22 AM
link   
reply to post by PRS395

Do you know anything about the symptoms of INTERNAL MRSA infection?
I cant find too much.
Thanks.

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 12:32 AM
link   
I will get back to you on Monday. I will call my brother to find out again.

I just can't seem to remember his symptoms, though I think it started out as a possible ingrown hair below his cheek, neckline area that wasn't healing.

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 12:35 AM
link   
reply to post by PRS395

K thanks!

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 01:52 AM
link   

It is not that it is contagious because it is a bacteria, but it clings to everything and when you touch it you get it.

My brother had MRSA, he almost died and is still a carrier. My nephew allowed him to stay at his home for a week, he slept on the couch, now my nephew has MRSA sores all over his back and abdomen from lying there watching tv, also while my brother was hospitalized we had to wear a face mask, gloves and a gown when entering his room, and sanitize when leaving it. .The form he had (internal) caused him to begin to shut down his organs, his kidneys first, he had to have all the fluids from his stomach run into a contianer and then back into his stomach because of sepsis . His skin was peeling off his hands and feet in sheets. It attacked every scratch on his body and turned them into ugly festering wounds.Pretty dangerous disease.

[edit on 30-11-2009 by space cadet]

edit to add: it can be airborn if the person infected should become ill and sneeze or cough droplets into the air.

[edit on 30-11-2009 by space cadet]

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 02:05 AM
link   
might want to check into this, THC.... current.com...

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 03:22 AM
link   
I would be just as concerned if not more concerned about that diarrhea that he had from taking the antibiotics.

If that diarrhea was caused by C-diff you may have bigger problem then you think.

Go to good old google or bing and do a search for MRSA and do one for C-difficle. You will get more information then you will be able to consume.

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 07:58 PM
link   
On the SKIN (at least) MRSA is an ALKALINE disease. So you want to kill it with an ACID-based soulution. SODIUM BENTONITE (WHITE/GREEN CLAY), SALT. And it takes a LONG time. Most people can not Heal it properly because they RUSH the process. You have to take the long view with MRSA (which is basically just ATHLETES FOOT gone super wild)!! Thats why you can pick it up in the same ways: LOCKERROOMS, GYMS, HOSPITALS, WET FLOORS and so on. Likewise, its CONTAGIOUS thru touch/contact (only twice as much). However, you KILL it the same way. You turn its NUCLEUS from ALKALINE to ACID!

Therefore, if you will allow me to make a SUGGESTION:
if its on the Skin: SOAK it in SALT (hot water....depending on where its located on the body you may have to submerge the whole body in a TUB). ANTIBIOTICS make it WORSE in the long run. Salt works better because it has more ANTI-SEPTIC rather than ANTI-BIOTIC properties. MRSA has no RESISTANCE against that!! But it can Resist most Antibiotics, thatz why they do NOT work!

If its in the BLOODSTREAM. You do a SALT ENEMA as well as Take the SALT internally (via drinking SALTY WATER with VITAMIN C or LEMON JUICE mixed in).

Im not an M.D., just an old FOLK HEALER from the South who uses a lot of NATURAL Remedies. And i have used this simple, relatively HARMLESS (to you) method with a number of folks who have contacted MRSA.

oh yeah, the other thing you will have to do is REDUCE the level of SUGAR and REFINED CARBOHYDRATES you are eating during the TREATMENT Phase. Like most FUNGAL DISEASES--MRSA thrives on Sugar.
Wont hurt ya. Try it and see. Go easy. Dont get in a hurry. It takes a minute to ERADICATE it!
KB

[edit on 4-12-2009 by Konspiracy Brotha]

posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 10:48 AM
link   
Thank you everyone for your informative posts!
I'm going to try to get the man retested.
I'm getting tested to make sure i'm not a carrier, because I work with LOTS of elderly!

posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 11:22 AM
link   
Aerosolized Hydrogen Peroxide May Counter MRSA Environmental Contamination

www.medscape.com...

www.innovations-report.com...

Aerosolized hydrogen peroxide demonstrates an excellent ability to neutralize methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus (MRSA) environmental contamination, according to a new study. The neutralization appears to approach 100% and to last for weeks. It holds the promise of cost-effective infection control.

The key study, presented here yesterday at the 47th Annual Interscience Conference on Antimicrobial Agents and Chemotherapy, was conducted at the Royal Hampshire County Hospital, Winchester, in the United Kingdom. In January 2007, a previously "clean" 28-bed surgical ward suffered an unexpected outbreak of MRSA in which 11 patients quickly became colonized.

Rotating sections of the ward were closed, and traditional decontamination cleaning took place. Moistened cotton swabs were used to gather samples from 29 standardized sites both before and after the hydrogen peroxide treatment and then at 1-week intervals for 4 weeks. Patients were screened at admission and discharge, and the staff was also screened; anyone found positive for MRSA was decolonized successfully.

The study found MRSA at 8 (27.6%) of 29 sites after traditional cleaning but at 1 (3.4%) of 29 sites after hydrogen peroxide treatment. The sites remained negative for MRSA on 3 successive weekly examinations, but on week 4, MRSA could be detected at 3 (10.3%) of 29 sites.

Study coauthor Jonathan Otter, PhD(c), works for Bioquell Ltd, the company that is developing commercial application of the technology, and participated in the study along with the hospital and government health agencies.

Mr. Otter believes that managing environmental contamination — in which the source of an infection has no direct physical contact with the patient who becomes infected but instead deposits the pathogen on a surface for third-party transmission — is an underappreciated part of infection control.

Mr. Otter explained that the decontamination process uses 30% hydrogen peroxide and a hot plate to create the vapor. Over the course of about 2 hours, the H 2O 2 settles on all exposed surfaces, and the highly reactive molecule destroys the pathogen. The reaction is not specific to MRSA, but that was the only pathogen measured in this study.

"In a previously presented study, a hospital in Connecticut instituted this technology for a period of 10 months throughout the entire facility, with a 53% reduction in colonization,"

A compound extracted from garlic is effective against even the most antibiotic-resistant strains of MRSA, the killer ‘hospital superbug’, and can cure patients with MRSA-infected wounds within weeks, according to new research by microbiologist Dr Ron Cutler of the University of East London (UEL).

In a paper to be published in the New Year, Dr Cutler, an expert in the antimicrobial properties of plant extracts, claims that allicin - a compound that occurs naturally in garlic – kills not only established varieties of MRSA, but also destroys the new generation of ‘super-superbugs’ that have evolved resistance to Vancomycin and Glycopeptides, the powerful antibiotics widely considered to be the last line of defence against MRSA.

posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Working with that bleach and mold didn't help you any, skies, I hope you wore a mask,

Bleach will not get rid of the mold, that has to be treated, professionally.
www.allergynursing.com...

[edit on 113131p://bSaturday2009 by Stormdancer777]

new topics

top topics

join