It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

132 raight Days

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 10:10 PM
link   
I went into Ellis Hospital on July 16th after an accident left me in bad physical shape and in a coma, which lasted 7 and a half weeks. I was so bad physically that everyone thought I was going to die. My family even had a priest to come in and give me the last rites.Six weeks into my hospital stay, I was shipped to Parkview Hospital in Springfield, Massachussetts. A week and a half after I got there, I came out of the coma. A week and a half after that, they had me start physical therapy. By the time I started the pt, my mussle's were so weak that I needed to be lifted out of bed with a hoyer and put in a wheel chair. 46 days after I started pt there, I was shipped to the Great Barrington Rehab in Great Barrington, Massachussetts. The pt and ot people at both places are great. They helped me learn how to walk again, first with a walker, and then with a cane. I was released from the Great Barrington Rehab last Tuesday, November 24th, and have been home ever since. I am still taking pt three times a week here in Schenectady. I am very grateful to be home and walking around, even though it's with a cane. It was 132 days of hell, but I got through it.

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 10:58 PM
link   
I am so happy that you are getting better.

That was a terrible ordeal for you I'm sure.

My very best to you in mending your body and spirit.

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Wow, what an ordeal.
Good luck to you on a full recovery and positive thoughts for patience to continue the work of healing

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 11:05 AM
link   
Things like this teach me to whine less about my issue

well done...hope things are improving

-Kyo

new topics

top topics

join