It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

usa will rule space!!

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2004 @ 09:30 PM
link   
thats bad news for enemy ground troops ...i think they will use this type of fragmentation cluster bomb missiles for sure. brings new meaning to death from above!!..

[Edited on 3-6-2004 by wararts]

posted on Jun, 3 2004 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by wararts

thats bad news for enemy ground troops ...i think they will use this type of fragmentation cluster bomb missiles for sure. brings new meaning to death from above!!..

Yeah it does, especially considering that the grenades used by metalstorm can be set to detonate at a certain altitude rather than conact or can be set for a delayed detonation after contact so they would explode after bouncing off the ground.

posted on Jun, 3 2004 @ 09:44 PM
link   
wow! it can do that too?? just like the delayed detonation in the OICW+OCSW weapons...cool

[Edited on 3-6-2004 by wararts]

posted on Jun, 3 2004 @ 09:59 PM
link   
I honestly think that only two countries on earth that have the ambition, political will, money, and science to do something meaningful with space are the United States and China, and the Americans are bound by international treaties.

The US is also very fickle, and I doubt that the political will is constant enough to put large-scale space based weapons platforms into orbit. Even Star Wars got shot by the political process.

China on the other hand, is slowly pushing past the US in tech, aided by the European Union, and they have shown their interest in space. I believe that Chinese warships will be patroling the American West Coast before they dare to put weapons in space, but it could happen.

I do think however, that the US is still more likely to militarize space, because they are growing in their cowboy attitudes, and China's prefered weapon of choice is their economy, they'd rather just buy space, along with all the planets, stars and rocks contained within.

~Astral

posted on Jun, 3 2004 @ 10:27 PM
link   
Imagine, if you will, an Orbital Space Station, whose agenda, as far as the vast majority of The United States and even the world is concerned, is the study of moving bodies in deep space and whether their trajectories will ever intersect with the Earth...

Now imagine that agenda as merely the wool being pulled over the eyes of many a hapless American. (Lets face it, they're a few out there.) Now imagine what the true purpose of that Orbital Space Station is...a first strike and counter-offensive weapon with manned personnel that The U.S. has poured billions of dollars into in the wake of 9/11 and as a precursor to a full world-wide and total anti-terrorism strike force and weapons system that will combine various monitoring outposts the world over, undercover agents roaming the streets with direct radio link to anyone in the world, land/sea/air vehicles carrying EM pulses that are ready to strike at a moments notice, computers in commercial/passenger airlines that can detect a sudden jump in heart rate indicative of a passenger in some sort of distress, possibly through terrorists hijacking that plane...that very computer connected to a variety of cameras that are IR and INFRA capable and that will relay the possible threat to mobile reactionary anti-terrorism platforms. Now if the hijackers are intent upon sacrificing their lives via crashing into some landmark of America ala 9/11, yet in this scenario, have killed all the hostages and these reactionary anti-terrorism platforms (a crack team using the latest technology) can't reach them in time, imagine that Space Station pictured above being made aware of the situation and, through billions of calculations per second, asseses the situation, aims and fires a titanium pod containing a very special payload that will be released upon breaching the fiery re-entry of Earth's outer atmosphere...a payload made up entirely of these...

UCAV capable Metal Storm Systems!

[Edited on 103030p://u00. by Hard Red]

posted on Jun, 3 2004 @ 10:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hard Red
..... aims and fires a titanium pod containing a very special payload that will be released upon breaching the fiery re-entry of Earth's outer atmosphere...a payload made up entirely of these...

UCAV capable Metal Storm Systems!

[Edited on 103030p://u00. by Hard Red]

LMAO I love it, hence my post about the Metal Storm systems. Nice thought process on that one.

[Edited on 3-6-2004 by Lythium]

posted on Jun, 4 2004 @ 12:44 AM
link   
Thank you for the praise, Lythium, I thought it a great dis-service to not put my ever-so-slightly warped, yet wholely probable two cents in.

posted on Jun, 4 2004 @ 04:17 AM
link   
The reason that the U.S. will own spce is simple. To protect the tourists. as for china yes they are a huge threat thier massive industrial bse coupled with a totalatarian regime means tht even though thier tech is not as advanced it wont take them long to catch up. However the U.S. has been devolping space control tech for 50 years now and we got stuff noone knows about . The F-117 was designed in the 60s for christsake and no country in the world can match our 40 year old tech today. the b-2 stealth bomber was designed n the 70s and is the height of military bombers and 30 years later. As for space based weapons well duh of course. The fact is we americans are the most efficent killers in the world, while other countries are happy being able to kill quickly we are always striving to be able to kill more people faster. Is it any wonder we invented the nuclear bomb, crack coc aine ( only an american would look at coke and think "its strong but it could be stronger") and the MOAB?

posted on Jun, 4 2004 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by kogigaiden
the world should be thankful that it is america who is the super power and not some whacko country.

America has just invaded a country and decimated its population for oil. No wmds, no damn bin laden, just oil. And you think that isnt wacko? Cant say I admire your sheltered nationalistic life.

even though we make mistakes we still are the most helpful country around and try to aid any country in need.

Aslong as they have something you want that is.

the japanese were perhaps the most isolated country in the world pre ww-2. they were so into their own culture and their own world, they could not accept outspoken americans. god punished their narrow minds by way of nuke! when the world comes together as one, you get america. more can be accomplished when everyone works together. and that is why we are going to put death lasers into space so everyone knows america is cool and if you dont think we are cool then you can meet our death laser

You are a lost cause mate.

posted on Jun, 4 2004 @ 10:45 AM
link   
umm actually i would say the gurkas are the best killers
they are mad
the SAS dont go near em

posted on Jun, 4 2004 @ 06:06 PM
link   
i wonder if it would be possible to get enough cameras into orbit to map out everything region or at least the important ones. just like a real time strategy game. we could have constant survailence of the entire world. that would take lot of cameras, but it would be quite benificial.

posted on Jun, 10 2004 @ 09:18 PM
link   
The Americans ruling space.... riiiggghht.... Aliens would probably open a can of whoop-ass on them with their superior intillect.

posted on Jun, 10 2004 @ 09:50 PM
link   
Well, as in terms of species we know of, we will rule space. Even if there is other life, wouldn't you think our Gov't would allie with them

posted on Jun, 10 2004 @ 10:07 PM
link   
US and the greys vs the world???? my opinion is total ownage by usa and grays tag team!!! now that would be a realy one sided fight...lol

posted on Jun, 11 2004 @ 03:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by wararts
US and the greys vs the world???? my opinion is total ownage by usa and grays tag team!!! now that would be a realy one sided fight...lol

right, now if this aint a sign that we have drifted then i dont know what is. besides do u actually think the greys would want to talk hell much less fight with a lower being like us humans

posted on Jun, 11 2004 @ 03:06 PM
link   
the greys will have nothing to do with humans couse we are to foolish selfish..dumb....etc for example,,,i think we would try to take over other planets if we could...and get our silly (C) kicked in the process. ruling near earth space is one thing but not the galaxy!!!

posted on Jun, 11 2004 @ 03:47 PM
link   
Well then........... I read some chunks of this thread and I must say it's quite interesting how utterly foolish some can be.
Just because you have satellites with weapons in them, does not mean you "rule" space, or even low earth orbit(LEO) to rule it you must have some way of defending your hold upon space in other words have the capability to destroy other satellites. "rods from god" don't do that and in the case of a long term war these satellites would be quickly destroyed by the enemy if they're resonably equipped. Secondly in the U.S.A. vs. world debate, no it would not win if it came to war, they'd have a hell of a time conquering Russia alone nevermind the rest of the world(especially given Russia's record for minor miracles at defence). With the whole world lined up against them, they'd be stomped, big time, because while you may praise U.S. industrial capacity regularily, the E.U. has more and so does Russia and China. This is of course assuming that you can convince a side to not join in the fight........ good luck with that, you'll need it. For those that want to mount a laser or mass driver or some other advanced weaponry in space, I remind you of this. Energy weapons would dissapate in the atmosphere in-between and projectiles have to be shuttled up at huge costs.
Gah! you people drive me crazy sometimes, a lone super-power you may be but no vaste empire will you build.....

posted on Jun, 11 2004 @ 04:44 PM
link   
well said amur well said and i think we should closre this thread its drfited too much
although id like to see a us reply to the coment from amur

posted on Jun, 12 2004 @ 07:45 PM
link   
im sure a rail gun could tear through are atmosphere like butter! technology might not be there yet but it could happen. and as for a taking out a satalite im sure any ground forces would have a hella of a time. ur not gonna shoot down a satalite with your a-k, or rpg. mount some gattling guns for space intercepting. with space travel slowly becoming more accesable things could really get going up there.

posted on Jun, 12 2004 @ 07:59 PM
link   

im sure a rail gun could tear through are atmosphere like butter! technology might not be there yet but it could happen. and as for a taking out a satalite im sure any ground forces would have a hella of a time. ur not gonna shoot down a satalite with your a-k, or rpg. mount some gattling guns for space intercepting. with space travel slowly becoming more accesable things could really get going up there.

well actually it would burn up.u can take down a satilite from a warship
lol this has been thought of

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join