It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran 'planning 10 new uranium enrichment sites'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Iran 'planning 10 new uranium enrichment sites'

BBC

The government told the Iranian nuclear agency to begin work on five sites, with five more to be located over the next two months.

It comes days after the UN nuclear watchdog rebuked Iran for covering up a uranium enrichment plant.

The White House said the move was "yet another serious violation of Iran's clear obligations".

Meanwhile, Britain described the news as "a matter of serious concern" and potentially a "deliberate breach" of UN resolutions.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
The Washington Post

[edit on 11/29/2009 by AlienChaser]

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 09:15 PM
link   

President Ahmadinejad is also calling for his cabinet to approve a move to increase the enrichment to 20%, up from 5%.
BBC

This blatant slap at the recent condemnation of their newly revealed nuclear plant makes me wonder if they aren't intentionally asking for trouble.

Announcing a secret nuclear plant that was sure to interfere with the nuclear talks, not to mention bother Israel.

As expected they are censured and the secret plant is condemned.

In response they now declare that they are building not just one more nuclear facility but 10, as well as enriching their uranium to 20%. Casting doubt on their intentions.

I don't have a problem with Iran using nuclear power, but to go about it this way seems to be taunting Israel to go ahead and make that preemptive strike that they have been promising.

Why would they do that?

Edit: the edits were for cleaning up the messy links, the story is widely covered

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 09:17 PM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Maybe you were, like me, expecting this news to be further up the page

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 09:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Curio

Going off topic...

Yes, and I even searched for it and checked the firehose, or I wouldn't have wasted the time trying to post it. Even now the title of the thread did not post correctly. Edit: the title is there now

This happens every time I post a thread in the news forum hence why I don't do it often. Firefox will not even post to the news, and IE8 produced a mangled mess.

On topic I still wonder what the motives for Iran to do this, other than simple posturing.

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 10:12 PM
link   
I just posted a message on a thread 4 or so pages in, with the same title!

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 10:25 PM
link   
reply to post by john124

Yes I have realized my mistake.

MODS - Feel free to delete this thread.

top topics

join