It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Alternative Substances Forum" -- Conspiracy issues related to drugs, but NOT recreational/persona

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 10:00 PM
link   
Thanks SO and everyone involved in this effort, this is truly a step in the right direction. I've seen so many incidences of conspiracies related to the 'war on drugs' that need to be discussed it's insane, but until now these subjects remained taboo. Thanks again.

TA

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower

Ofcourse, somebody had to make a conspiracy out of something much needed on this site.

Some people are never pleased...

~Keeper

Never said I wasn't pleased. Just stating a personal opinion and thought.

I we don't express these things, then why are there message boards in the first place?

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 10:01 PM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

Aw crap. The same ole same ole. I drink whiskey. Kentucky bourbon, by the way. I get high from it. I get fuc&ed up on it sometimes. But this substance is illegal in some countries. Yet I am able to comment about personal use of it. Pot is legal in some countries. But I am not allowed to talk about personal use, uh, if I ever did that evil stuff,

heh. This is all funny to me.

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 10:02 PM
link   
reply to post by william.gauncents

I just don't bite the hand that feeds me just after they filled my bowl is all. Negative conspiracy talk can wait at least a few hours could it not?

And I mean as far as the banning goes, it's not like they really NEED a reason to ban you, if they were out to just ban members they would and it would not require a reason...

~Keeper

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 10:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower
No reason for that.

If we as the members actively watch and mod those threads ourselves, then the "stoners" will be easily weeded out.

I disagree; it'll never stop. Ban one wave of "stoners" and another one will just take its place. Reason being is that a lot of the "stoners" are probably in reality people from the oil, pharmaceutical industries etc.

Which is why I feel an extra level of moderation is required for this.

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 10:06 PM
link   
If this turns into "let's throw rocks at people who dislike drugs" I'm going to be very upset.

That's all.

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 10:07 PM
link   
reply to post by MajorDisaster

I assume if the need arises then they will simply ask more people to become moderators...

Simple solution is all.

But as with all sections of the boards the mods usually aren't the ones who catch posters in the act, it's the good posters who alert the mods of the bad ones.

So I don't think we will have a huge issue, this time around I think people will appreciate it more and we will do a damn good job of making sure the "stoners" are gone just as fast as they sign up.

~Keeper

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 10:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by kyred

Aw crap. The same ole same ole. I drink whiskey. Kentucky bourbon, by the way. I get high from it. I get fuc&ed up on it sometimes. But this substance is illegal in some countries. Yet I am able to comment about personal use of it. Pot is legal in some countries. But I am not allowed to talk about personal use, uh, if I ever did that evil stuff,

heh. This is all funny to me.

Yep. Many places where marijuana is legal.

Just not in the United States where the advertisers come from.

Isn't this site available for anyone from any country to talk about things that are legal? Or just not what Illegal in the United States.

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 10:11 PM
link   
Good move. Thanks SO.

I hope we can all stick to the rules and make this a good thing.

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 10:11 PM
link   

Thank you. This is much needed. A total ban on illicit drug discussion went against everything this site should be.

Mad props+1

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 10:14 PM
link   
reply to post by william.gauncents

Actually there are taboo topics that are legal but aren't allowed to be discussed on this website, because it may detract from other conversations on this site.

Although, you know, if we can talk about drugs, I can think of a couple things I'd like to chat about.

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 10:16 PM
link   
Great idea to go mambers only. One of the problems last time was that a lot of the "stoners" would stumble into a drug related thread on ATS and sign up just to participate in the drugs aspect, with no interest in ATS or what we really do here.

I am concerned about the personal use references and ask for clarification. I understand completely about promotion of recreational use but take this example.

Lets say that during a discussion about a drug we'll call ABC and during the discussion I were to say that I knew from personal experience that ABC caused a certain side effect. Not in a promotional way but more as in an evidence to add to a discussion.

Would that be allowed or disallowed?

Just asking for clarification.

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 10:25 PM
link   
Thanks for trying, AGAIN, SO. I hope that this forum has more success than past experiments with the mind-altering-substance issue. I'm all for discussion on the subject and have been critical of ATS policy on this issue in the past, but I've been here long enough to see what happens when ATS tries to include these issues. You guys have consistently tried to have this subject included but the same things seems to always derail. Hell, it happens so regularly, one would think certain interests are intentionally derailing any intelligent discussion on issues related to the War on Drugs.

This does seem to be pretty well thought out attempt to once again include Mind-Altering substance, and WoD issues. It's really the one corner of the Conspiracy/Alternative Media that ATS has been lacking in.

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 10:32 PM
link   
This is great news, and I really hope that it works out this time. As a couple members have mentioned, the last attempt at something like this (though open for viewing to guests as well as members) was a fiasco and had to be shut down almost immediately. Please ATSers, respect the guidelines given and report abuses! Contact a mod if you have questions about what's allowed; you can see at the bottom of the board home page a list of members who are online when you are, with mods in bold. Nothing that any of us has to say about these issues is so pressing that it can't wait for a day or two if that's what it takes to keep these topics alive at ATS.

Originally posted by AlienChaser
I am concerned about the personal use references and ask for clarification. I understand completely about promotion of recreational use but take this example.

Lets say that during a discussion about a drug we'll call ABC and during the discussion I were to say that I knew from personal experience that ABC caused a certain side effect. Not in a promotional way but more as in an evidence to add to a discussion.

Would that be allowed or disallowed?

I'm not staff and don't know exactly what guidelines the mods have been given, but I think that's probably out of bounds. I would avoid any talk of personal recreational drug use at all. Most of the information you might want to share that would actually contribute to discussion can be found online anyway without reference to personal use; try wikipedia for example for lists of side effects.

If you have a question about whether a post or thread would be okay, you could always u2u a mod and ask. They're generally more than willing to discuss genuine points of confusion.

[edit on 11/29/2009 by americandingbat]

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 10:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord

This new forum will never be available to guests, only logged-in members can see the threads and posts. Also, topics from this forum will never appear on the site home or other pages that rank popular and important threads. It's a private, members-only forum.
(em)

Just a little heads up:

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 10:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by jefwane
You guys have consistently tried to have this subject included but the same things seems to always derail. Hell, it happens so regularly, one would think certain interests are intentionally derailing any intelligent discussion on issues related to the War on Drugs.

Yes I believe so. It makes a lot of sense, doesn't it?

The corporations fear ATS!!!

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 10:38 PM
link   
I'm very glad for this new forum. One of my biggest problems with ATS was that it did not allow discussions of a wide variety of substances banned by the US federal government who cannot be trusted to make a fair assessment of what is good and bad for us. There was never a good reason to not regularly discuss how bad the government is at determining which substances mature adults should choose to put in their bodies.

Edited for clarity.

[edit on 29-11-2009 by truthquest]

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 11:04 PM
link   
about half way through the "kymatica" documentary i had to ask myself
if there could possibly be a connection between keeping drugs illegal because of there ability as we see in some studies to alter human concscious or self connectivity?

it does conflict a bit with the current legalization of marijuana in some states though. i just feel there is an underlying reason besides money and power surrounding the issue of illegal drugs. any thoughts?

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 11:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by rainfall
Oh great.... we'll be able to say the word marijuana and not have our post deleted....

I feel like I'm living in a free society...

A free society does not mean a society free from decorum.

Not to mention, this is a private site with public aspects to it. It's hardly bound by the constitution of the US.

In terms of the history of this site, this is a huge step forward. I for one am very thankful, and look forward to great conspiratorial discussions relating to alternative substances.

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 11:09 PM
link   
dear skeptic and all ats individuals involved in this change

THANK YOU

this is a great step in making incredible change in health care

words cant express the gratitude

i have come across a website not too long ago that i have found very helpful

its a good starting point for someone looking to get basic knowledge on medical marijuana and the number of illness it has the potential to help

it also helps with some of the false stigma that has developed

www.cannabismd.net...

i really look forward to a wealth of knowledge that will be shared over the coming days and weeks

ever since the obama admin announced their new policy i knew things would be changing

seeing ats also support the medical marijuana movement by simply allowing mature discussion of the topic is a serious step in the right direction towards making this world a better place and at least alleviating some of lifes pains

in the past i have charged ats with forms of censorship due to its decisions regarding this topic

i truly applaud ats and thank you for everything, other then that topic this site has been incredible and its worth is beyond value, i truly look forward to the great things that will come from this

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join