It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

For everyone who needs some help in the spirituality department...

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 06:41 PM
link   
Okay there's a lot to respond too...

First I wanted to say yes, love comes before anything. When I said knowledge=power I should have said love=knowledge=power. But I guess I forgot that not everyone knows that love is behind everything. Which it is. It is the strongest of human emotions and can overcome any other feeling one may have - including fear!

For those of you having problems with OBE and being scared/fearful, I still get like that sometimes, in fact last night I couldn't turn my brain off so all the mental chatter kept interfering with me going OBE and eventually my brain just started trying to scare me away from proper meditation.

You need to learn how to quiet your mind down. What did help me last night was envisioning a huge metal half-dome that opened in my mind and closed and locked down my 'brain' so to speak. After I got to that point I was able to see straight into the sky, all the stars and such, and I was able to fly into the solar system and wherever I wanted to go. I felt as if I was flying, but I wasn't actually out of body, my mind sort of was though. Because I couldn't calm my mental chatter down enough, I wasn't able to leave my physical body - but it's alright, because I still was able to explore to a point.

Also, if you take advantage of the use of your spirit guides, you will be helped a lot. My first OBE I actually had my spirit guide help me go astral, I was having trouble getting my whole astral self out of my physical body. The spirit guide grabbed my arm and pulled me out, and at the time I did realize I was really being helped, I thought it to be normal. But looking back I was able to realize that wow, I was actually helped by my spirit guide to get OBE. How awesome!

So yes everyone, LOVE is what you must strive for in every aspect of your life. Anything on the other end of the spectrum (FEAR) will only bring your vibrational level down, making it basically impossible to go OBE (or astral). Meditating and doing positive things in your day to day life will help raise your vibrations, you can also call upon your spirit guides to help as well, which I have done as well.

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by DataWraithcan you become another form of Human being? or simply take over a real persons mind?

When you die you will be in the astral realm, and you cannot simply 'possess' somebody, but you can influence their thoughts to a point. This is something you need to learn about on your own to fully grasp, and understand the problems we are facing as a living human being.

I don't fully understand it all myself yet, there is a lot of speculation about all of this sort of stuff. Some things we may never figure out until we have a physical death, it really is all about the life you lead here, and what you figure out while you're here. You want to strive for a life of pure love, which will allow you to learn as much as possible. But since no one is purely anything (that's human anyway) no one person will have all the answers, you must learn from others that have passed on, and higher consciousnesses.

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 07:01 PM
link   
reply to post by highlyoriginal

I want you to really think about it. Next time you go outside in the morning as the sun is coming out look about your surroundings, and ask where is the love in the moment, for it is all love.

The key to getting rid of fear is love, yes indeed.

Let me explain it better.

Fear is not an object it is more like the adjective of the noun, the noun being the object. With fear as the adjective of the object or noun you now have a fearful relation to the object/noun. If you replace this adjective with love as the adjective than there is no longer room for the fear to relate to the object. So love the object it is that you fear.

All you need is love, because when it comes down to it, love is what you truely always have.

Namaste.

[edit on 1-12-2009 by Psychonaughty]

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mabs1982

Well I am of the feeling that whatever 'enlightened' people we have on this planet are here for the complete opposite reason. They need to spread the light to others and help them wake from their drunken,material world and see the world stripped back to it's bone and that we are all here for the same divine purpose.

what took me a while to understand is that we are all only responsible for our own spiritual understandings and evolution. others may, as this thread i believe can/will do (and others like it,) show a path or get someone asking themselves the right questions but the answers, even if told point blank cannot be understood until a soul is ready for the lesson/message.

so not only is forcing this understanding (not saying the OP is) would not only be pointless for the one giving the advice--unless they were asked, of course-- but it would not be beneficial for the person receiving the advice either.

all souls WILL see the truth and the "light" so-to-speak, in their due time. evn if you think you may be accelerating someone's spiritual evolution understand it was the plan all along and therefore by guiding those who seek guidance you are keeping things on track. by giving advice where none was asked or warranted you may be confusing further.

just my .02 on that subject.

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 07:26 PM
link   
If i may, i'd like to add to this thread. I could answer the question about the astral plane since i have first hand experience in that field.
The astral plane is a parallel world, but with a different density. When death occurs, all bodies that make up the human being go back to their respected planes, or spheres, except for the physical.

The astral body, or if you prefer, the emotional body, goes back to the astral plane. There are guides that work on helping the dead for the transition, and explain everything they need to know about the that plane, which serves as sort of a rest station between lifetimes. Slowly, they learn about their next lifeplan, and study that plan, in order to accept it or not. A program is never imposed on the soul, the soul must agree on all terms of this contract. The waiting period differs from one to the other, but on average, it's between 500 to 800 years.

The astral body, upon entering the astral plane after death, is nothing but memory. In order to balance their energies, they connect to the human mind (the living). This process is called trans-communication. They also connect to the human mind to feel a sense of vitality, in other words, they need to feel alive. Entities of the astral plane are used by entities from higher spheres of intelligence (higher mental plane), in order to test humans in their emotional response to thoughts that are channeled through the human psyche. The role of entities of the astral plane is to color (manipulate) the thoughts that originate from the higher mental plane.

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 07:41 PM
link   
Hey, nice to see 'searchers' around.
I will share my links here.

# The light:

I recommend immensively the work of Robert Bruce:
Astral Dinamics
(i bought all his books. A must have introduction material)

# The dark:

I found this very perspective challeging book :
War in heaven

# And the ugly:

Of course, the ego.

[edit on 1-12-2009 by RobertPaulsim]

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 07:42 PM
link   
double_frick, I totally agree with you, and in retrospect I now see that I made this thread and whoever it may have helped, well that was meant to happen. All the questions this thread may have stirred up in peoples mind, well it was meant to happen at that precise moment.

reply to post by lagenese

Thanks lagenese for explaining that better than I could definitely do. I am still a bit confused and conflicted in some aspects of the astral plane and the ones above it, but I have a decent understanding so far considering the short amount of time I have been spiritually awakened so to speak.

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 12:46 AM
link   
Here's a link to an article I think you all should take a look at - and when I say all of you I say that because it's a good read, and I think regardless of your views on life, this is still pretty interesting stuff.

Focus 10: Mind Awake / Body Asleep

Let me know what you all think.

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 12:55 PM
link   
I somewhat agree with what somebody said very early on in response to your original post: Spirituality, if there is such a thing, can only be a solitary journey and we cannot generalise the spiritual truths that we discover to another, because that may not necessarily be their reality or their truth. I must admit when I hear the words, "It is all love" declared as the greatest of spiritual insights, I seem somewhat disgusted. Not because I am a cynic who does not believe in love, but because love is far from a clearly defined thing. I may love somebody, but have to do and say harsh things to that person, then am I loving them? Some of the new-age teachings are love are simply too simplistic and clean, and the reality of the world is nothing like that.

Spirituality is a journey one undertakes to explore their own self and this is how it is different to religion. In religion, though one may have spiritual motivations the tendency is to follow set dogmas and practice rituals. Spirituality on the other hand is meditative and introspective, it is about being deeply in touch with ones own being and constantly transforming oneself with those insights which come from within. Thus a spiritual journey is almost like an endless journey of self-transformation and fine-tuning ones self in order to experience more fuller states of being. In other words the exploration of ones own states of consciousness is a spiritual exercise.

Now, this is not necessarily a completely subjective thing, because we know there are similarities in spiritual experiences. There is a vast body of spiritual literature which describe the types of experiences one experiences in spiritual practice. This is of course to be expected, because for the most part we have a similar biological make-up and thus our minds work in similar way. Hence why it is possible to have a psychological science and indeed a spiritual science. The stuff on chakras, astral etc is thus just as valid as psychology and they can be indepedently verified by a spiritual scientist. Indeed, spiritual scientists in all spiritual traditions in the world(Yoga, Buddhism, Taoist, Sufi, Christian Mystic, Kabbalh, Theosophists/Occultists) have indepedently arrived at exactly the same findings. Modern scientific research into phenomenology is also confirming the same.

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Here is another great website:
Isochronic Tones

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 09:12 PM
link   
reply to post by sphinx551

Thanks for the addition
I am always interested in brainwave stimulating tones/music. It's not always easy finding free ones, although I would pay for some, I do not have the money at the moment to do so, but when I do I will probably divulge into some.

I'll try listening to some new tones tonight maybe, and I'll post a response tomorrow.

On a side note, I showed my younger brother one of the free binaural beats, he put it on his mini sd card on his phone, and fell asleep listening to it last night. Well the binaural beat I showed him is intended to help people go out of body, and my brother never can even remember his dreams, and last night he said he remembers multiple dreams (this is the first time I've ever heard him say he remembered his dreams at all). So there is definitely something too these binaural beats... after reading/doing some research I have found that a lot of people react positively to these binaural beats (although there is a small amount of people that say they've had 'bad' experiences, hence the reason I put warning in the OP).

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 08:24 AM
link   
I just started listening to the Isochronic Tones and they really do work.

[edit on 3-12-2009 by sphinx551]

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 08:35 AM
link   

I do binaural noise all the time, enough to buy a software program that allows me to make my own, the most 'unusual' episisode I've had , I was trying for an OOBE, but all it did was make my body vibrate, like it was twitching uncontrollably, it was weird but in a not unpleasant way, Wish I could find that track again.

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 09:11 PM
link   
reply to post by DataWraith

The one that I have that I listen too makes me go into these deep stages of relaxation at certain points in the audio. For example (just making this time up) at 4 mins 35 secs I'll be thinking about whatever I want and then all of a sudden BAM I'm pushed back and forcibly relaxed, which is not unpleasant it's actually amazing. I used that tone last night and it worked amazingly, helps my insomnia more than any medication ever has. I love it.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join