It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

For everyone who needs some help in the spirituality department...

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 12:06 PM
link   
Let me clear some things up here...

I'm glad some of you are interested in the info provided in the OP. For those of you new to spirituality, or those of you who aren't that spiritual at all, you may find yourself a bit taken aback from the information on some of these websites.

As I said in previous posts, you all need to find your own path - no human can guide you, although you may be guided by your spiritual guides through meditation or travel into the astral plane. Once again, I cannot go deep into explaining this stuff, you need to figure out the rest on your own - I/anyone else can only go so far when telling you information.

I remember someone telling me that same stuff and I didn't completely understand until I figured out what "spirituality" meant to me. Although everyone seems to have a lot in common when it comes down to spirituality as a whole everyone has different amounts of knowledge, in different areas, and this creates a bit of an issue when it comes to sharing experiences since some people will not understand another persons experience and/or knowledge they have gained from their inner self.

Just remember one thing everyone, we are all one, and that is something I am fine with saying to you all. What you take of it will differ from another, but ultimately you will come to a conclusion and it most likely will resonate with what a lot of others have figured out (or not). So it is fully up to each individual to figure out everything.

I hope you all find your path in due time, as I feel very blessed to have become aware of my spirituality recently. Before I considered myself agnostic, but now I can definitively say I am spiritual and that I do believe in a higher consciousness
If you are interested in my personal experiences (as someone asked) I have two recent threads in this forum, you can find them easily by checking out my profile.

Peace & Light to you all

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by merryxmas
What has the spirituality you have achieved done for you? Do you astral project or do you manifest some phenomena? What have you experienced directly?

Recently I have been achieving a lot to put it lightly. Personally, my life has changed drastically in the past two weeks alone. I have learned how to control myself as a whole in a way I never thought possible. For example I have gained control over my psyche, and I've been able to rid my mind of it's horrible OCD thought process, which has been causing me severe anxiety since I was very young - I literally woke up after meditating and falling asleep one night and felt so amazing. I thought it wouldn't last, but I now know it will last forever. One simply doesn't just 'believe', but I know these things within. I believe everyone has the power to overcome any obstacle if they put their mind to it.

The way's I've been contacting my spirituality, so to speak, is through deep meditation, astral projection, and something else I have picked up on (although I have no way to describe it with words). The latter has been amazing because it has made it very very easy to contact my spirit guides and to find the knowledge I seek, although I respect myself and my spirituality and I know there is a limit and a line I must not cross. As in trying to gain too much knowledge at once, it's a sensory overload sort of, and it makes your psyche a bit out of whack. I learned this my very first time I talked to my spirit guides - although I wasn't trying to gain so much knowledge, I just happened to be in the mindset and it was one thing after another then things starting overlapping so I had to sort myself out per-say, and calm my mind. Within minutes everything was back to normal, and I came out of that experience with more knowledge than I have ever learned in any one 'session' so to speak.

Anyway, please everyone, take everything you hear from anyone, including myself with a grain of salt. Find the light, take your path, do whatever you wish - you can always talk with others and converse about these topics, however you can never take anybody's experiences as fact, you can only ask the same question and find the true answer from your cosmic counterpart or your spiritual guide, or from whatever/whoever you believe you can learn from. I am not going to tell you who to talk too, or who to believe in, or anything of that matter. The things I speak of are what I know to be fact, that does not mean the same is for you, so do not take what I am saying in the wrong way.

Hope that cleared some more stuff up.

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 01:39 PM
link   
reply to post by highlyoriginal

Do you remember which text catapulted you on your journey? I was very much an agnostic the same as you 3 years ago until I came across a copy of 'Conversations With God' which opened me up to a whole swarm of new ideas. (For those of you that haven't read it I highly recommend it, its not a traditional book by any means) Ever since I read that I can't get enough of different kinds of spiritual texts and videos. I'm a huge fan of William Buhlman's works, Robert Monroes, Brian Weiss and many others. I'm always on the lookout for more spiritual texts. My youtube subscriptions are almost entirely comprised of it.

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Here's my take.

All religions teach fundamentally the same thing. Love God, Love fellow man and Love yourself.

All religions lead to God NO MATTER WHAT!!

ALL religions have been manipulated and changed to bring about conflict and confusion not only within the world but within ourselves.

People today associate God with religion ONLY. You can not be taught about God you must find him within yourself and accept him!

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 02:42 PM
link   
I've been having sleep paralyzes now and then, and once got spontaneous O.B.E, which was very brief. I wake up to these sleep paralyzis pretty often , but the fear somehow wins and I end up trying conscious O.B.Es.

Sleep paralyzis are really wicked though, sometimes I can move and see through my astral hands, see weird things (like once saw the Zapruder-film of JFK getting shot repeated-and-then-again rewinded on the curtains , while I heard loud banging like someone kicking on my hotel-room door in behind me at the same time), and sometimes I hear random music... like tuning into radio stations. And people standing on my room.

The one time I got OBE I just shot straight from my body to my room door near me and after that dropped down through the floors and woke up. The weird thing I remember is this heavenly feeling of somekind of electricity going trough my head, on the spot of the third eye. Talk about getting exited.

All in all I'm learning and trying to make these things happen consciously, but it seems to take a long time and I'm yet to achieve it on my own (so to speak) from start to finish.

By the way, the best OBE discussion forum there is: www.astralpulse.com

Sorry for my suck-ass-english. Not my native cup of tea. Thanks!

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 03:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Chaos Lord

Yes, you have a very precise grasp on such a malignant situation.

The first and most important point to understand is that you are the creator and so is everyone and everything around you. Striving to look for the Infinite One in an outward expression is like trying to find your very own heart outside of your body. The illusion of this dimension is called an illusion for a reason. You are not the illusion so why not ask yourself for authentic answers?

Be careful when asking, for your thoughts are other beings thoughts and other beings may have a different agenda than you. In this case shield yourself with love for love is light and light is love.

[edit on 30-11-2009 by Psychonaughty]

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by merryxmas

Do you remember which text catapulted you on your journey?

It actually wasn't any texts so to speak, it was more so some conversations between myself and another person whose views on life intrigued me. That same night after a good conversation about this persons views, I tried to astral project randomly and it worked. I did use an audio track that is known to help you get into the correct brainwave state to have OBEs.

You can find that track here

To add though, I had been reading some light text on the subject of astral projection and spirituality in general before I experienced my spiritual awakening. I believe that the texts I read are somewhere within the links I posted in the OP.

Originally posted by Frustrated84
I've been having sleep paralyzes now and then, and once got spontaneous O.B.E, which was very brief. I wake up to these sleep paralyzis pretty often , but the fear somehow wins and I end up trying conscious O.B.Es.

First, I'd like to tell you that the way you are having these [possible] OBE is not exactly the way you'd want to experience them (in my opinion). This is because a couple of reasons, since you have trouble with sleep paralysis you can have very vivid, realistic, conscious dreams. Since this happens to you, you may find it hard to tell the difference between a OBE and sleep paralysis, even though you can tell the difference between the two like night and day, if you're not experienced with OBE you may not realize that you aren't really out of body, but merely just having a very realistic dream.

I suggest you do some reading about OBE and try using whatever techniques you find comfortable to get in the out of body state. It will be much more relaxing for you to meditate for example, before going into the out of body state (or going 'astral'). There is a ton of information within the links I provided on in the OP, if you have any questions or need some information feel free to U2U me or make a post in here. I'm not suggesting I'm some sort of expert, just merely offering my support.

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by PsychonaughtyBe careful when asking, for your thoughts are other beings thoughts and other beings may have a different agenda than you. In this case shield yourself with love for love is light and light is love.[edit on 30-11-2009 by Psychonaughty]

This is good advice, although people need to find this out for their own for the whole idea to actually sink in. To go a bit farther into this than you did, I just want to add that those entities within the 2nd plane are ones who have crossed over (those who have died). Our thoughts originate from the highest plane, our cosmic counterpart, and then are filtered down through the planes until they reach us. By the time they reach us, they may have been altered by the entities on the 2nd plane, so becoming one with yourself (your cosmic counterpart) is what you need to strive for to find the true answers of the universe.

Here is an excerpt from Astral Projection Underground by Abhishek Agarwal:

7 Planes Of Existence: Before we continue further, it would help if we understood the concept of Planes. The spirit realms consist of “Levels” or Planes distinguishable by the different densities and vibrations (or frequencies) of the substances they contain. Higher the frequency of vibrations, higher the plane. These planes are said to interpenetrate, existing in the same space. It is most commonly believed by metaphysicists and occultists that there are 7 Planes of our existence.

The seven planes are debatable among everyone, I still am unsure of how many there are, how they work, etc... But we all need to start somewhere.

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 04:51 PM
link   

The planes you speak of are like dimensions or densities that I think of.

You exist, simultaneously, in all densities of existence. This is why there is the higher self. There is no filtering filtering of thoughts between 'planes', more like there is a strength of the signal.

The seven planes of existence may be a fabricated line of thinking in relation to densities, just like many original thoughts and beliefs are fabricated through continously minor changes for seperate agenda like purposes. Like a pebble thrown in a pond, the ripples in the water get less and less as they spread outward from the original point. Both concepts make the same general point it is only what rings true throughout these concepts.

As always, Namaste.

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 05:21 PM
link   
if there's anything I've learned from my journeys through things like this, its some of the following thoughts...

The more you try, the less you'll do. - You just can't force it, you can't 'make' yourself out of body and such. You have to reach a state where it just happens.

If you try, you fail, if you do, you succeed - Sounds a lot like the previous thing, doesn't it? It's not. You see, when you try, you're already going in with a subconcous mindset of failure, either on your part, or in the existence of what you're doing. When you 'do' you're committed.

Taking it too seriously constipates you - spiritually and metaphysically. Learn to goof off with it at times. go to bed, get out of body and scare the hell out of the cat a few times, it's fun. It becomes a more natural component of yourself then. The more you put it as sacred, the less you will explore.

Realize some things you just aren't ready for yet - and they might not be possible to you right away. Then again, you're not seeking this just to have it, are you? Look at it more as some of these things, like OBE, and such are side benefits of reaching the level of enlightenment that you've accomplished for yourself.

Push yourself. - Some things seem just out of reach because part of reaching that level is pushing back your limits, or just getting out of your comfort zone.

hope this helps

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 05:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Psychonaughty

Hmm... The way you point it is definitely an interesting way to look at it. However, like I stated, I'm not quite sure what I believe yet when it comes to the planes. I know there definitely is different frequencies of vibrations and such, I just haven't fully been able to understand how it all works. I hope to focus on this area of spirituality more often so I can get the answers I am looking for.

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 07:00 PM
link   

I was glad to hear about the vibration he mentioned in one of the videos. I have felt these same ones (and still do often). I was afraid there was something "not right" about this. I guess it's okay if it's happened to him too.

I have experienced the effect of my body being very still and my eyes flickering, sort of, really fast. I saw the floor of my room and it was very bright (the room was dark before). So, it was very interesting. I didn't "travel anywhere" but felt like my vision was altered for that time. I have strong visuals when I close my eyes and relax, like they are sometimes as vivid in color as my regular vision, nearly. I see faces I do not recognize, and sometimes they change form and shape. I also see some that obviously are influenced by my recent past.

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 08:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Psychonaughty

The planes you speak of are like dimensions or densities that I think of.

You exist, simultaneously, in all densities of existence. This is why there is the higher self. There is no filtering filtering of thoughts between 'planes', more like there is a strength of the signal.

The seven planes of existence may be a fabricated line of thinking in relation to densities, just like many original thoughts and beliefs are fabricated through continously minor changes for seperate agenda like purposes. Like a pebble thrown in a pond, the ripples in the water get less and less as they spread outward from the original point. Both concepts make the same general point it is only what rings true throughout these concepts.

As always, Namaste.

Excellent description.. I believe there is precident in ancient texts for the 7 planes of existence.

Just as an example...
From the Qur'an:

"It is He Who created everything on the earth for you and then directed His attention up to heaven and arranged it into seven regular heavens. He has knowledge of all things."
(The Qur'an, 2:29)

"Then He turned to heaven when it was smoke. In two days He determined them as seven heavens and revealed, in every heaven, its own mandate."
(The Qur'an, 41:12)

I realize that modern scholars insist that the term, "heavens" only refers to the sky above the Isrealites heads, but I think the various works of "religious' texts contain truth on very fundamental levels and those truths are encoded within the texts allegorically, symbolically and mathematically. It's important not to dismiss the experiences of others and the knowledge provided to us by our ancestors and the Avatars of our past.

I think it is also important for anyone who has no experience with the spiritual realities of existence to proceed with caution. Arm yourself with knowledge before exploring the spiritual realms. Never dabble. Just as in this physical realm, there are dangers just behind the veil as well.

Just for the record, I'm a follower of the Messiah and a believer in the resurection. However, my faith is not imcombant upon your beliefs being false as it is for so many others. I think it's important and crucial for men of all faiths to understand, on an intrinsic level that we are all of one kind and one spirit. THAT truth is self evident.

I have to commend the OP for this thread. I think it's presented with an abundance of generosity.

And another link to add:

Alex Grey's Chapel Cosm - View the Sacred Mirrors in the Flash Player

~Namaste

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 08:38 PM
link   

You posted, in the OP, documentation pertaining to the Law of One.

This is, in my opinion, something to study.

Densities are called densities because they pertain to the strength of light/love love/light (both are the same thing).

When you are ready for the next density you are ready for that strength of light/love love/light when progressing through the densities.

It is like progressing ever further into unity. Into that one singular original thought that all is.

Namaste brothers and sisters.

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 08:38 PM
link   
reply to post by glitchinmymatrix

It kind of seems like you may be experiencing some sort of vivid day-dreaming or just simply vivid dreaming... do you feel conscious when these events have happened to you? Also, when meditating you can become in such a relaxed state, your imagination can take over, but you still have control (well you learn how to control it). If you're new to meditation and are attempting something of the sort, it may be that you are just in a trance state.

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 08:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by CoffinFeeder
if there's anything I've learned from my journeys through things like this, its some of the following thoughts...

The more you try, the less you'll do. - You just can't force it, you can't 'make' yourself out of body and such. You have to reach a state where it just happens.

I have to agree here, I think the ultmate spiritual experience is simply to let go and let be.

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 08:43 PM
link   
the article on ego was very interesting. Its exactly what I need for my girlfriend. So driven by her ego that she is blinded. Its amazing to see what people will do to preserve their ego and I guess like they point out spirituality is possibly the ultimate sacrifice for ego.

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Nice post-just a few thoughts...
Enlightenment is the best possible activity to study and try to achieve.
Notice I said activity -this is because enlightenment is not a thing or place.
Enlightenment is enlightened activity.
Careful with OBE's.
OBE's can be merely a form of spiritual entertainment.

Great teachers have said there are no enlightened beings only enlightened activity.
When we are in enlightened activity there is no dichotomy between self and others.
Self is universal flux-unlimited compassion.
When we limit it to one self then we are trying to solidify enlightenment.
Enlightenment is not solid.
Infinite universes with infinite sentient beings with no beginning and no end.
The Dalai Lama has also said, "Iit is a great mistake to think we are not made out of light."

Pre-20th century mass thinking saw atoms as similar to solidified BB's.
Quantum physics now tells us that particles are energized space.
Buddha said this over 2500 hundred years ago.
How did he know?
By merging with the enlightened activity of the universal flux and
intuiting the truth.

Keep on keepin on!!!

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 09:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Electricneo

Thanks for adding that, it's always good to see/review more information, and get thoughts from others when it comes to spirituality. Although it is always up to the individual to make the final say with their facts, it helps to get the story from multiple sides and see what else is out there and what others have to offer.

In fact, if we were all closed minded people, we wouldn't even be discussing this topic right now - we'd all be arguing. It's nice to see this topic can be discussed formally with people giving their views and such without ridicule. That is one of the many reasons I value ATS's forums and guidelines.

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 10:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by highlyoriginal
reply to post by glitchinmymatrix

It kind of seems like you may be experiencing some sort of vivid day-dreaming or just simply vivid dreaming... do you feel conscious when these events have happened to you? Also, when meditating you can become in such a relaxed state, your imagination can take over, but you still have control (well you learn how to control it). If you're new to meditation and are attempting something of the sort, it may be that you are just in a trance state.

Yes. I just let my mind relax and let whatever comes, come. Other times I have felt twitches and signs that something might be wanted to communicate with me, so I would go through the alphabet and ask for physical signs through the twitches to reveal a name or such. I might ask "What is your name?" then say "A, B, C,..." and then wait for any twitches to come. Then do it again for the second letter. It is fun and interesting, but I think I'll leave that alone for now - a bit too weird. I've done it a total of three times (asking for a name). Once I got the first name of my dead grandfather's name, and another time I got the initials of my other dead grandfather.

I didn't bother doing much more of this because I felt "they" should probably be resting, and I don't want to get into "communicating" with any dead spirits. And, later as it turned out, I became a bit sleep deprived and to put it simply, it was not fun.

But, yes, I am new to meditation and spirituality as a whole, and I'm really taking my own route to things. It definitely seems like vivid day dreaming, but I have felt some strange "forces" (I don't know what else to call them) affect me in the past and still now, that I cannot explain. They don't seem to help me really, but they don't seem to hurt much either. They do annoy me sometimes. I take it as a sign that I need to change or otherwise leave this current area. Certainly current times and current position I'm in are unacceptable, and I need to adapt.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join