It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Poll: Limbaugh Is Most Influential Conservative

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 07:28 PM
link   
cbsnews.com

(AP) NEW YORK (AP) - By a wide margin, Americans consider Rush Limbaugh the nation's most influential conservative voice.

Those are the results of a poll conducted by "60 Minutes" and Vanity Fair magazine and issued Sunday. The radio host was picked by 26 percent of those who responded, followed by Fox News Channel's Glenn Beck at 11 percent. Actual politicians - former Vice President Dick Cheney and former vice presidential candidate Sarah Palin - were the choice of 10 percent each.

Asked to choose from among seven presidents, Americans tapped John F. Kennedy as the one they'd like to see added to Mount Rushmore. Kennedy polled 29 percent, with Ronald Reagan second at 20 percent.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Whatever happened to the conservative intellectuals, like Buckley? The party is getting farther and farther to the right and more and more anti-intellectual. It's going to fall off a cliff into the abyss of extreme extremism. The new "know nothings."

Not that I'll mind. Waiting to watch the fireworks.

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 07:33 PM
link   
A sad day in the history of american politics when a radio personality polls so high.

We need to stop playing around and vote smarter. can't ron paul even get honourable mention?

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 07:43 PM
link   
The "good" conservatives you don't hear about because the "left" doesn't want to pay them any mind. They would rather make fun of the "popular folks" and receive the same in return. All this does is bolster ratings and approval for both audiences. It's nothing but a game.

Plenty of people enjoy the humble politics of far more credible politicians and people, but you don't hear about them because it does nothing for ratings. I stop listening to someone when they use a personal attack on a TV anchor to justify an unrelated political debate. They cease to hold any merit with me. I move along, enough said, no harm done. That isn't enough for people and the overly-loud prefers to rub salt in wounds.

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 07:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Sestias

60 minutes and Vanity Fair magazine?

Those are 2 Big Lib organizations.
I smell an agenda.
By a wide margin this poll is meaningless.
OK, do a poll. Make sure it says.........THIS!
I prefer Gallup and Rasmussen.

[edit on 29-11-2009 by Eurisko2012]

[edit on 29-11-2009 by Eurisko2012]

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 08:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Sestias

I aint "shocked" as this should be common knowledge by now. The fact that the republican chairman, Mr Steel, even had to backdown and bow to Limbaugh shows you who is a real leader of the right. It is indeed sad I agree when a portion of the population prefers a talkshow host making millions off of them by telling them what they want to hear.

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 08:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Eurisko2012
60 minutes and Vanity Fair magazine?

Speak for yourself, Iv seen plenty of your threads reference from Fox news.

Those are 2 Big Lib organizations.

Fox news is the largest media outlet out there, beyond your typical run of the mill MSM outlet, and yet you continue to reference.

and Rasmussen.

Rasmussen? The same polling company founded by Scott Rasmussen who got paid by the Republican national committee and the G.W Bush presidential campaign?

And yes Limbaugh has always been rated significantly higher in favourability as compared to elected conservative leaders. Few months ago he was rated at 60% favourability by the LA times as compared to the Republican party which was at all time lows:
latimesblogs.latimes.com...

Heres another poll by Gallup ranking Limbaugh the highest:
www.gallup.com...

So please, cut the rightwing propaganda BS, Limbaugh has always been views as the front leader of the rightwing, atleast since Obama was elected. Conservatives are quick to praise the man, but deny the fact they follow right behind him. His making millions off the backs of disgruntled conservatives, telling folks what they want to hear, not what they need to.

[edit on 29-11-2009 by Southern Guardian]

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 09:01 PM
link   
Limbaugh has the perfect thing going. He is significantly less sharp and witty than he once was (drug burnout?), but that is not an impediment to his popularity. His audience members appear to be too stupid to tell the difference between IQ 100 Rush from fifteen years ago and IQ 85 Rush today.

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 09:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Southern Guardian

I ignore big lib polls.
They have been busted many times.
All you have to do is look at the details. They always stack the
poll in order to get the numbers they want.
It's all comic relief for Rush Limbaugh when he reads the DETAILS
over the air.

Keep them coming! Please!

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 10:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Sestias

well, if they do "It's going to fall off a cliff into the abyss of extreme extremism. The new "know nothings." " It'll mostly to keep the democrats company.

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 11:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Grumble
Limbaugh has the perfect thing going. He is significantly less sharp and witty than he once was (drug burnout?), but that is not an impediment to his popularity. His audience members appear to be too stupid to tell the difference between IQ 100 Rush from fifteen years ago and IQ 85 Rush today.

I doubt if yours reaches room temp.

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 12:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Eurisko2012
I ignore big lib polls.

Did you ignore my references to Gallup and the LA times? Didnt you just say this:

OK, do a poll. Make sure it says.........THIS!
I prefer Gallup and Rasmussen.

Didnt I just reference Gallup in my post? Are you a hypocrite or did you just completely ignore what I actually posted.

You continue to ignore, blabber on and post smiley faces with no relative arguments and sources against the OP. Why, instead of hiding behind smilies, dont you post a constructive reply? Its no wonder with people like you that Palin actually has a support base. Its this kind of denial that Bush has managed to get away with his BS and win two election.

They have been busted many times.

Whos been busted? Sources? Again address the OP. Where is the proof that Limbaugh is not the prefered leader as opposed to elected conservatives? Wheres the evidence? The OP provided sources, Iv provided sources, why not instead of yapping on, posting smilies like your from middle school, act adult and back up your talk.

[edit on 30-11-2009 by Southern Guardian]

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 10:14 AM
link   
My opinion on why:

The GOP its self is finally coming to the realization that it's old, outdated, and far...far...far behind the times.

It's started making changes.

These changes upset the fringe whacked out idiot masses of the far right, therefore they seek representation of their frustration, hate, and anger elsewhere.

Nobody on this planet is a bigger cheap, sellout, cop out, blow hard air bag than Rush Limbaugh.

And i say that as nicely as possible. Rush Limbaugh has called historians liars, Veterans traitors, has said "slavery isnt all that bad", among so many other racist, bigoted, sexist, and just plain stupid remarks.

And thats what idiot masses are. Racist, Bigoted, Sexist, and just plain stupid.

Hence the term - idiot masses.

Regardless of their politics.

Its the same reason that radical liberals idolize Keith Olbermann.

Keith and Rush both make very valid observations about their counterparts in politics. They both point out the idiocies and stupidity in the other party - but never point out the same in their own.

So when fringe liberals run to Keith so they can feel better about being idiots - so do fringe conservatives run to Rush to feel less ashamed of who they are - because they want to hear that the other person is worse.

Stupidity. At its absolute best.

[edit on 30-11-2009 by Snarf]

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 10:56 AM
link   
And this is why the moderates feel as though they don't have representation anymore. The radicals have taken over BOTH parties. I used to consider myself a Republican, then the fools with the microphones and the zealots chased me off because those views started to turn 'mainstream'.

Now you've got to be a Christian to be a conservative? You have to be pro-life? Against healthcare? Against assisting those that are in a pinch? Pro-war? Spending more money on our military than other nations GDP? Want the 10 commandments displayed in schools and prayer before every schoolday?

And you put up Palin as a role model?!?!?!

See ya, losers....

I started to consider the Democratic party, but they're spending money like drunken sailors on shore-leave and doing all sorts of other crazy stuff....

Erm... Anti gun? Fiscally idiotic? Socially TOO encompassing? Can't be religious at all? Won't call a spade, a spade in regards to illegal immigration? Can't find your ass with both hands when you control EVERY BRANCH OF GOVERNMENT?!?!?

Nope - your fame and power will be short-lived.

Time for a viable third party - and one that DOESN'T have Nader as a candidate...

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 03:37 PM
link   
reply to post by shrike071

Well even the green party ditched nader.

It might just be time to destroy these two parties. They've held us captive too long.

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 05:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Eurisko2012

"60 Minutes" (a CBS program) and "Vanity Fair" are pretty mainstream media. Neither extremely left nor extremely right.

If they seem leftist to you, you must be viewing them from a vantage point far out in right field.

join