It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Born Again: Did Nicodemus Ever "Come Clean"?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 07:21 PM
link   
According to the scriptures, Nicodemus was sneaking around in the dark, uninvited and invading Jesus's evening repose. Was he there to evesdrop? Was he on a discovery mission to find some fault to use against him? Why such an impromptu confrontation in the dark?

Jesus rebuked Nicodemus, advising him that he would have to be 'born again' in order to understand his words and walk the path of the righteous. What was Nicodemus involved in that would cause Jesus to boldly confront his wrongdoing?

Nicodemus resented Jesus for chastising him...after all Nicodemus was a high official in the Sanhedrin. He expected people to cowtow and suck up to him. He was a powerful person of authority.

Later, Nicodemus was one who pretended to defend Jesus in the quick trial kangaroo court. Did Nicodemus really have it in for Jesus? Did he help orchestrate the crucifixion event? Did Nicodemus ever 'come clean'?

And about that trial....no true Sanhedrin member would have participated in a trial within two days of the Passover. Was this a secret inner circle that had infiltrated the Sanhedrin?

[edit on 29-11-2009 by Alethea]

[edit on 29-11-2009 by Alethea]

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 08:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Alethea

gee, I've read the New Testament many times and I really don't remember the passages where Nicodemus was found skulking about Jesus' resting place and rebuked by the big guy himself. Perhaps you could direct me to book chapter and passage so I could familiarize myself with this fascinating encounter.

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 08:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Alethea

Nicodemus stayed close to the action to the end...
...it was he who supplied the materials needed to prepare Jesus burial.

John 19:39-40 "And there came also Nicodemus, which at the first came to Jesus by night, and brought a mixture of myrrh and aloes, about an hundred pound weight. 40 Then took they the body of Jesus, and wound it in linen clothes with the spices, as the manner of the Jews is to bury."

I assume that if Nicodemus was this close at this point, he would also have known about Jesus resurrection and was one of the 500+ who saw him afterward.

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 10:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by troubleshooter
Nicodemus stayed close to the action to the end...
...it was he who supplied the materials needed to prepare Jesus burial.

I assume that if Nicodemus was this close at this point, he would also have known about Jesus resurrection and was one of the 500+ who saw him afterward.

Did you ever consider that this outward manifestation of benevolence was to deflect his involvement in the crucifixion plan? To appear innocent to the public?

Also, since he and Joseph of Arimethea supplied the aloes and herbs, perhaps it was a way to distract the women away from the tomb so that the body could be moved. Thus, the "resurrection" hoax. (Joseph of Arimethea was a bit of a shady character, too.)

When Paul claimed to have seen an apparition on the road to Damascus, this was his claim to fame and his way of bulldozing in to change the ministry of Jesus. Paul was a member of Herod's family.

Jesus's disciples did not even accept Paul and stayed far away from him.

I think there is enough evidence to conclude that these were secret society inner circle "Mystery" workers who twisted the story and shaped modern day religion.

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 11:35 PM
link   
Where are you getting this from?

Can you please quote some sources or provide a few links?

Thanks,

Eric

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 01:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by EricD
Where are you getting this from?

Can you please quote some sources or provide a few links?

Thanks,

Eric

Hi Eric. I noticed from your "home" page you have been interested in Paul and I have read a lot of scholarly works concerning his background and his influence. I will have to go through some of my old notes and look up some info that you might be interested in.

As far as Paul being a member of King Herod's family, I first found that in a footnote in my bible.

The phrase "born again" is such a buzzword with christians that I assumed most people would be familiar with those passages and the confrontation with Nicodemus.

I am just connecting the dots.

It seems that Nicodemus also had a reputation as a magician. Perhaps there was some jealousy involved, not to mention that Jesus was encroaching on the temple's stronghold power by "freeing" people from the judgemental dictates of man.

[edit on 30-11-2009 by Alethea]

new topics

top topics

join