It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bioengineered implants, magnetic nanoparticles show amazing promise in cancer treatment

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Bioengineered implants, magnetic nanoparticles show amazing promise in cancer treatment

rawstory.com

What if you could cure cancer by getting a small, circular disk implanted into your arm? Or perhaps instead of undergoing months of soul-wrenching chemotherapy, say one dose of magnetized nanoparticles were able to wipe out your tumors?

That's what scientists are working on and according to two new studies published at the end of November, both methods are showing tremendous promise.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 06:47 PM
link   
I truly hope that a cure for cancer is found and released for general use . If anyone out there has lost a loved one to cancer you know just how terrible this decease is .

And given how cancer numbers continue to rise on a yearly basses chances are that each one of us will be effected one way or the other in the coming years .

rawstory.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 07:31 PM
link   
the cure is here. it is mms.
peace
love

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 07:36 PM
link   
reply to post by vermonster

mms ?
What's that ?

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 07:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Max_TO

Miracle mineral supplement, aka chlorine dioxide. It's an oxidizer, which apparently kills cancer cells. It can be taken orally, but it's does a real number on your gut. There has been some promise administering it with DMSO or some other organic solvant.

www.miraclemineral.org...

By the way MMS is ridiculously cheap. No one can make money off of it. (But not for lack of trying). It's used commercially to purify water.

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 08:13 PM
link   
Hmmm, heaven forbid people rather than looking for a cure, just go with prevention instead.

In my mind Cancer is purely a result of how we live. Pollution, diet, lifestyles... it all creates the mainstream cancers that every ones frighten about...

My grandfather died of prostate cancer, and ive known people whove been effected or died from skin cancer and leukemia over the years so I have some experience with it, and not just being critical... I just think its a mild form of dare i say layzness?, people would rather science created a magic cure all so they can go on abusing there bodies, and developing technology that is far from safe, yet profitable, or lathering themselves in pharmaceutical products like makeup and ridiculous cleansing products where good old soap would work wonders.

Ive also known people and family who've managed to either halt, or reverse their cancer through complete changes in life style and diet. Hell I stopped and reversed what I believe was a possible testicular tumor two years ago through a change in diet and big increase in exercise... and i know it was that change that did it, since i got lax again and guess what... it came back, and i got rid of it again.

People need to take control for once in their own lives rather than hope some guy in a white lab coat will make it all go away.

And since its a conspiracy site... what a great way to get implants in people huh
tell em if they do, they are free from cancer... the great boogey man of the modern age.

No thanks, ill stick with exercise, good food and avoiding as many chemicals as possible.

Edit:- Wasnt it nanoparticals that some thought might actually BE causes for some cancers, as carcinogens?

[edit on 29-11-2009 by BigfootNZ]

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 10:36 PM
link   
reply to post by BigfootNZ

what about the cases that are hereditary ? What about other cancers that occur without any explanation what so ever? Some people exercise everyday and eat strickly fruits, vegetable, whole grains and mineral supplements and still end up with a form of cancer. Its harder these days to stay cancer free when our air is full of pollutants, when our water is full of fluoride, chlorine, and other chemicals and settlements. Most of our food is grown is such a way it has less nutrients and newly modified proteins, hormones, antibiotics, deadly dyes and excitotoxins, preservatives pesticides, herbicides, fertilizer.. you name it, its probably in at least some form of food you eat even if you select organically grown food. Radio waves, magnetic waves, arc waves.. many forms of radiation and sound waves.. are running through our bodies on a daily basis. Some people do take the time to be healthier and still get this nasty disease.

I would love there to be a cure for cancer because cancer has taken loved ones away in my family and I have seen what chemo and radiation treatments do to a person. I've decided that if I was to be diagnosed with cancer, I would not go through with what killed my loved ones in my family. It truly is devastating. Most people don't actually die from the disease as many think, most die from the treatment itself. I'd rather die from the disease than the treatment. That of course is my own personal opinion.

Star and flag for this thread because any potential breakthrough with any dreadful disease is great news!

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 12:26 AM
link   
reply to post by disfugured

Exactly.... Bigfoot is off base here. I just witnessed a situation in which 4 different males within one family each acquired the exact same type of brain tumor when they reached 40 years of age.

That doesn't have anything to do with way of life, as they all lived completely differently, three were very health conscious, one ate almost nothing but junk food. One smoked. Two drank frequently, the other two were teatotalers.

There is much more to cancer than lifestyle.

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 03:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by HunkaHunka
reply to post by disfugured

Exactly.... Bigfoot is off base here. I just witnessed a situation in which 4 different males within one family each acquired the exact same type of brain tumor when they reached 40 years of age.

That doesn't have anything to do with way of life, as they all lived completely differently, three were very health conscious, one ate almost nothing but junk food. One smoked. Two drank frequently, the other two were teatotalers.

There is much more to cancer than lifestyle.

I confess I was probably a little to aggressive in my tone in that post, and yes I completely forgot about hereditary Cancers, although Im of the opinion that most hereditary cancers are more than likely caused through similar issues, poor health and lifestyle of a parent can end up damaging the unborn child or future childrens DNA during development. Heck with the rubbish we pump into our bodies im surprised any child born these days doesnt have some sort of underlying health problem, cancer or otherwise.

The other thing is, to me while hereditary cancer may mean your going to get it with a high degree of certainty, it doesnt mean your gonna die from it with certainty. People have managed to cure themselves or at least brought their cancer in check through healthy living. Now if they have an extreme hereditary cancer that is completely incurable even with natural means or rapidly progresses from nothing to death in a few months, then yes... a cure would be needed.

Not saying all cancers can be cured that way, but for the most part, I believe the majority can be. Im not against cures at all, its just that civilization seems to demand one or clamours onto the newest wonder pill, rather than doing whats good for them. And implants and nanoparticals sounds like a money making gimic designed more to cash in on the fear of cancer than actually help people who would really need it.

If its not then I apologise... Im arguing more against the modern human mindset more than the idea of helping people, since im not against that in any way.

And yes...Chemo is less a cure, more an ordeal. Not sure what they where thinking when they thought that 'treatment' up.

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 04:49 AM
link   
is this the same as this?

news.yahoo.com...

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 05:26 AM
link   
and i heard nano particles were carcinogenic, like gmo stuff.

which is why its in all your food and sunscreens with no warnings on the label.

still chemo is carcinogenic, so go for it i guess, hey...

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 03:36 PM
link   
reply to post by rapunzel222

Why would nanoparticles in general be carcinogenic?

Wouldn't it depend on what they were made of?

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Let me get this straight, they are proposing to cure cancer, this way, and no other, if we allow ourselves to be microchipped and turned into drones? Hmmmmm........

new topics

top topics

join