It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CLAIM 6. Shiite Islamic Prophecy Of "A Tall Black Man" Running The West. 

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 05:24 PM
link   
Please don't take this post the wrong way IT"S NOT AN OBAMA BASHING THREAD !!

I am wondering if any of you out there have herd of this Shiite Islamic Prophecy before ? It is as follows ...

CLAIM 6. Shiite Islamic Prophecy Of "A Tall Black Man" Running The West.  According to a 17th Century prophetic text of the Shiite branch of Islam, the return of the Mahdi, the Islamic messiah, in the End of Times will be preceded by "a tall black man" running "government in the West" and commanding "the strongest army on earth."  The black "promised warrior" will carry a "clear sign" from Hussein ibn Ali (the third imam) and will assist the Mahdi in converting the world to Islam.  The Iranian media have identified Obama as the "promised warrior."

How do you think this " prophecy " is seen buy such people as Ahmadinejad ? Given that Mr. Ahmadinejad has some pretty strong end time beliefs and fancies himself as the means to bring about the conditions for the return of the “12th Imam ?

Do you think that this CLAIM 6. Shiite Islamic Prophecy Of "A Tall Black Man" is seen as being fulfilled buy Mr. Obama in the eyes of Mr. Ahmadinejad ?

This may mean nothing to us but to those that believe in this Islamic end time prophecy it may be seen as a sign that there 12th Imam is soon to arrive .

When one takes into consideration the current Nuclear stand off with Iran could Iran's leadership see this current stand off as being the incident that bring about the end ?

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 05:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Max_TO

You cite no sources for this alleged "prophecy".
What does "claim 6" mean?
Sorry, but this sounds suspiciously like something lifted fron an "Obama" is a Muslim propaganda site to me!
Unless you provide a source, I remain highly sceptical to say the least.

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Do you have any web links about this subject? I am very interested because if true it does seem to coincide with current situations around the world...Most importantly the tall dark skinned president Obama!!!

LifENcircleS

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 05:45 PM
link   
Does it say, "A tall black man" or "a tall man in black"?

Because I think Johnny Cash is dead.

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 05:48 PM
link   
I'm searching around and have found this.

The tradition comes from Bahar al-Anvar (meaning Oceans of Light) by Mullah Majlisi, a magnum opus in 132 volumes and the basis of modern Shiite Islam.

www.tigerdroppings.com...

But i can't really be bothered to go hunting around for it.

It's a start for you guys though.

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 05:54 PM
link   
From here

Obama, Vice-Mahdi? Two weeks ago Iran watcher Amir Taheri published an article in which he alleged that there exists a Shi`i hadith stating that "a tall black man will assume the reins of government in the West...commanding the strongest army on Earth" and carrying a "clear sign" from the Third Imam, Husayn and that "Shi`is should have no doubt that he is with us" (bahrameradblg.blogspot.com...). This hadith was said to be contained in the collection Bahar al-Anvar by Mollah Majlisi and date to the 17th c. CE. Taheri spun an entire web of geopolitical analysis around this point, claiming that "the Khomeinist establishment sees Obama's rise as another sign of the West's decline and the triumph of Islam." Problem is: it's not true. According to my contacts in Iran, including Professor Abolfazl Nurmuhammadpour at the Bright Future Institute--dedicated to teaching the world about the coming of the Mahdi, and the organization which sponsored the Mahdism Conference which I attended this past August in Tehran and Qom--and other ranking clerics at the Dar al-Hadith in Qom, this hadith is NOT authentic. Another myth about President-Elect Barack Obama bites the dust.

Sounds like another fabrication.

I believe they're trying to translate this book "Bahar al-Anvar (meaning Oceans of Light) by Mullah Majlisi".

edit: Read this page from wiki for help mahdi

[edit on 29-11-2009 by Seiko]

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 06:13 PM
link   
www.forbes.com...

Hadith (or tradition) from a Shiite text of the 17th century. The tradition comes from Bahar al-Anvar (meaning Oceans of Light) by Mullah Majlisi, a magnum opus in 132 volumes and the basis of modern Shiite Islam.

According to the tradition, Imam Ali Ibn Abi-Talib (the prophet's cousin and son-in-law) prophesied that at the End of Times and just before the return of the Mahdi, the Ultimate Saviour, a "tall black man will assume the reins of government in the West." Commanding "the strongest army on earth," the new ruler in the West will carry "a clear sign" from the third imam, whose name was Hussein Ibn Ali. The tradition concludes: "Shiites should have no doubt that he is with us."

Sorry for not posting any links

Lets not get side tracked here , the government of Iran believes this Prophecy to be true , which lead me to my OP . If we can stay on topic here I would like to here your thoughts on the questions asked in the OP .

Just how much of Iran's end time beliefs will play into how they handle there current Nuclear stand off ?

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 06:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Max_TO

the government of Iran believes this Prophecy to be true

Sorry what leads you to this conclusion?

I don;t see any proof that the iran leadership believes this. In fact the very book you quote seems to be under contention.

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 06:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Max_TO

Max, this article is over a year old???? I think Seiko debunked it.....if you have any current info please share it.

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 06:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Seiko

"The question has made the rounds in Iran since last month, when a pro-government Web site published a Hadith (or tradition) from a Shiite text of the 17th century. "

Thats what leads me to believe that the government of Iran believes this .

Seeing how this " pro government " website would have there government handlers on site making sure whatever they posted would be expectable to there government .

Ok seeing how this was reported in the ME and stated as prophecy from a 17th century text does anyone else think that this may been seen by those that share the idea of Islamic prophecy may see this as an end time fulfillment of prophecy ? If so will it , could it , effect how Iran handles themselves during there current Nuclear stand off ?

If this report is a fabrication then doesn't that prove equally troubling to learn that prophecy is being fabricated to coincide with current times to manipulate people into excepting the apocalyptic return of there 12th imam ?

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 06:53 PM
link   
Tall black man? hmm....Abraham Lincoln was a tall man in a tall hat and he dressed in black. See how this goes? Just take prophesies and play with them a bit and all seems well.

Tall black man preceding the end of the world sort of thing? I invited a spirit into my studio once, because it knocked at my door. Thinking it was the same friendly spirit that had knocked previously, I welcomed this spirit to visit me once again, hoping to have even more wonderful visions. Oops!

Silly me. The knock wasn't the same rhythm as previously. Bear or bare with me folks, I am really going somewhere on topic with this.

So this spirit I invited into my studio appeared! Eeeeeeek! Yikes and holy crap! It was a tall black man. Not the spirit of light that I had experienced previously. So I screamed and I banished this spirit.

It's okay, folks. The tall black man is gone and, sigh, the end is not nigh.
Now, somehow, I need to clue Ahmadadinijad into this banishing of this spirit so he will stop hoping for the 13th Iman to rise up out of that well.

[edit on 29-11-2009 by kyred]

posted on Feb, 13 2010 @ 10:15 AM
link   
This is a 2007 documentary about the ideology behind Iranian Shiism. The role of Imam Hussein and Islam among the Iranian people, the struggle between good and evil in contemporary politics ...

[edit on 13-2-2010 by flyingfish]

posted on Feb, 13 2010 @ 10:38 AM
link   
Part 2:

posted on Feb, 13 2010 @ 10:57 AM
link   
For the rest go here:www.youtube.com...

There are 8 parts.

top topics

join