It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Google Maps: beam coming out of 2nd story window

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 04:58 PM
link   
I found these pictures on google maps when browsing through this area. It looks like some sort of beam of light out of an open second story window. The beam goes through the sun and then into the trees and abruptly disappears. Does anyone have any explanations on what this could be? I think it is very odd and cannot come up with any reasonable explanation.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/files/81101b2140d7f4d4.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/files/73b7bb0663ff03b9.jpg[/atsimg]

[edit on 29-11-2009 by elusivetruth]

[edit on 29-11-2009 by elusivetruth]

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 05:08 PM
link   
reply to post by elusivetruth

Since the sun is very much present in the picture... I think it's glare.

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 05:15 PM
link   
Well the picture is pretty accurate. Clearly a beam passing through the sun and stopping just short of going in the window.

*snip*

Mod edit: unnecessary question removed.
Discuss the topic, not each other.
Mod Note: General ATS Discussion Etiquette – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 30/11/2009 by ArMaP]

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 05:16 PM
link   
reply to post by elusivetruth

I sorry to say, the beam is only from sun glare. This is because the Google Street view camera was in a dome. As illustrated in the images below, the glare repeats on the left side of the camera and the sun is directly in the center.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/63e129aa8f6a.png[/atsimg]

Also another indication is that my image is in the exact identical spot as yours, yet the beam is off the target i.e the window. Mine is more to the wall.

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 05:18 PM
link   
reply to post by keepureye2thesky

that was just mean for no reason.

uncool.

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 05:22 PM
link   
ok I see it now. The only glares I have seen are usually straight, but this must be curved because of the google maps cameras.

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by keepureye2thesky
Well the picture is pretty accurate. Clearly a beam passing through the sun and stopping just short of going in the window.

How old are you?

I'm only asking so I can understand your level of comprehension in the field of cameras and lens flares.

Wow, there's someone to look up to...

"Uncool".

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 05:37 PM
link   
s&f op good post!!

what we have here is clearly a 'astum halo'.

'astum halos' are beams of light containing the souls of baby demons.

nice find!

*sigh* im bored.

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 05:38 PM
link   
Apparently Google's cars are equipped with nine individual cameras - the images from these cameras are then stitched together to form a completely panoramic image.

If you look carefully at the image, you will be able to see where two images meet. Barrel distortion has caused the images to misalign - notice the lines on the building do not match perfectly.

The reason why the beam of sunlight suddenly stops is because it was not present in the other camera's field of view. In other words, the beam of sunlight is interrupted by the blending of another seperate image.

posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 06:32 PM
link   
Also the line is curved, following the curve of the plastic lens cover over the camera, try to picture the red or amber lens of a rotating becon light on an emergency or police vehicle.

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 06:28 AM
link   
Nice find mate but I'm pretty sure that is glare seeing as the sun is very present in that picture. There is always the off chance that it is a top secret military weapon, but in this case, I very much doubt it.

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 06:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by LewisTheAlpha
There is always the off chance that it is a top secret military weapon, but in this case, I very much doubt it.

I too very much doubt it, particularly since the house is in the middle of suburbia in Hermosa Beach

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 08:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by JH80
Apparently Google's cars are equipped with nine individual cameras - the images from these cameras are then stitched together to form a completely panoramic image.

If you look carefully at the image, you will be able to see where two images meet. Barrel distortion has caused the images to misalign - notice the lines on the building do not match perfectly.

Actually, that's a ghost house.

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 08:37 AM
link   
Here is another strange anomaly google maps
Been looking at this for a couple of days.

No Clue.....

Italy Anomaly

[edit on 24-12-2009 by PatriotG]

[edit on 24-12-2009 by PatriotG]

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 09:35 AM
link   
So you can visualise how the cameras each have a different field of vision and would not be affected by a lens glare which is affecting the one next to it I shall provide you with a picture of the business end of the google streetview system

And just to correct a previous post - its 8 not 9 cameras.

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 11:55 AM
link   
reply to post by PatriotG

It could be something stuck to the camera mast, it's visible even under a bridge, as you can see here.

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 01:26 PM
link   
your right - looks like a twig/branch

tracing it back it appears just afte rpassing this tree - which has a similar bark/colour
here

[edit on 24-12-2009 by freakyclown]

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Very good, the under the bridge shot proves its something basic. Thanks that was driving me crazy for a couple of days. Nice work guys.

PG

new topics

top topics

join