It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Notice Issued By Water Bureau to use Boiled Water Only... E.coli bacteria in a Washington Park reser

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Notice Issued By Water Bureau to use Boiled Water Only... E.coli bacteria in a Washington Park reservoir

www.topnews.in

According to a news release, after finding E.coli bacteria in a Washington Park reservoir, the Portland Water Bureau (PWB) issued a notice Saturday asking for all affected customers west of the Willamette River, Valley View, Burlington and Palatine Hill water districts to boil all drinking water.

There are approximately 50,000-people living in Portland who have been affected.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Ok my search button has not worked for a very long time so if this has been posted already I apologize .

It would seem with each passing week we are hearing more and more of some potential killer disease , what gives ?

Is there anyone out there in ATS land that lives in the effected area that could comment on how this report is being received in there area ?

www.topnews.in
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 05:10 PM
link   
Has anyone read the book Oryx and Crake? Maybe it's like that?

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 05:47 PM
link   
Bacteria is known to not only live, but thrive in Undersea Volcanic vents aswell as Thermal Pools and Geysers, so how Boiling water is meant to prevent the spread of such bacterial disease (other than trying to make false-claims to the public into decieving them that there somehow safer by doing so) is beyond me.
The only preventable measure is to purcahse fresh water in the shops which come from a outside source and have been purified, or to simply not drink the water (even with purification tablets avaliable) at all...but as people rarely last 3 days without water I dont think thats an option.

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 11:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by ROBL240
Bacteria is known to not only live, but thrive in Undersea Volcanic vents aswell as Thermal Pools and Geysers, so how Boiling water is meant to prevent the spread of such bacterial disease (other than trying to make false-claims to the public into decieving them that there somehow safer by doing so) is beyond me.
The only preventable measure is to purcahse fresh water in the shops which come from a outside source and have been purified, or to simply not drink the water (even with purification tablets avaliable) at all...but as people rarely last 3 days without water I dont think thats an option.

That's an easy question to answer. e. coli can only survive in a temperature range similar to that of it's host organism. Meaning, if it is hot enough to kill you, it is hot enough to kill e. coli. The bacteria that survives in 700+ degree black smoker vents is a sulfer based bacteria that could never survive at 1 Atmosphere of pressure and what we would consider to be room temperature.

new topics

top topics

join