It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Workplace drug testing ...... a must have

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by fishing
I could make the point to why anyone would use drugs???

*Personally for me mostly pain,a little recreation,a little making retards easier to bear being around.They become more amusing than annoying and I can laugh at them instead of getting angry.

Are you hiding from the world or escaping from life???

*can't hide from the world,I'm on it.but honestly yes It is nice to escape life for a few hours every now and then.

At my place of work its the mood swings in dealing with some of you.I have co-workers high as a kite working on gas lines!!!If daddy gets blown up are you going to support my kids???

*Absolutely,and not in the creepy way either.Nobody chose who what or where they were born.They are innocents and I would consider it my duty as a human to protect and educate them until old enough to survive.

As I said before "If you can't do your job drunk you can't do your job"
your co-workers either can do their job or they can't.
IF your co-workers CAN do their job CORRECTLY while intoxicated it's none of your concern,quit being judgmental.

IF they CANNOT it would be your duty as a good wage slave to report them to your superiors.After wards it is no longer your problem.If you die from it your children can sue.

but idiots are idiots,sober or not.
:-)

posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 05:41 PM
link   
The problem with "drug" testing (urinalysis for marijuana) is that a positive result does not mean you have "drugs in your system", it means once upon a time you did.

They should be searching for substances that cause impairment or intoxication, like Delta-9-THC, instead of the completely inactive metabolite Delta-9-carboxy-THC.

The reason they search for the latter is simple. They want to build a database on who uses the stuff, they couldn't care less if you are high on it at work. I'm a truck driver, and at my work, they take the samples away and give the results 24-48 hours later. So if you're high as a kite, you just do your test and get back in your truck and drive away.

"Safety" is a scam, these people don't care about anyone. "Safety" just means "we want to control you". I can't believe so many fall for it...

posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 06:19 PM
link   
No employer needs to put a microscope to my urine!!

If I show up late too many times....fire me.

If I do not do my job....fire me.

If I cannot get along with others....fire me.

I I appear under the influence....fire me.

If I behave erratically....fire me.

If I make sexual advances to my co workers....fire me.

But do not give me outstanding evaluations and then put a microscope to my urine to see what I am doing in MY OWN TIME to find an excuse to fire me!

posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 06:27 PM
link   
And just to make it fair and balanced, start unannounced drug testing of the politicians and police force before everyone else - just to show everyone how clean they are.

posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 07:19 PM
link   
Drugs are bad kids!! Don't do drugs!!!I apologize I should not have a safe work environment.Are we a country of addicts and drunks now???

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 06:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by earthdude
Drug tests are very easy to fool. Competency tests are not. I am for competentcy testing. Strangly enough, pot tends to make workers safer.

Absolutely correct. I am also with the competency testing. Currently there are lots of method of drug test cheating. But there are ways to avoid such kind of cheating.

I think this article can exactly help employers to avoid drug test cheating.

See: abouttesting.testcountry.com...

[edit on 7-12-2009 by alfredjr18]

[edit on 7-12-2009 by alfredjr18]

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 01:56 AM
link   
Illicit Drugs are illicit drugs. If you can not buy it
legally, you should not be doing it and coming to the workplace.
Corporations have right to make sure the their workforce is productive and
work well. I think the problem I see most of the time is that when
corporations see one problem person and then try to start a drug testing
program just to catch that person, which I think is not right. They should
have a standard drug testing workplace program and administer it.

abouttesting.testcountry.com... program-for-your-workplace.htm

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join